Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

How high do I need to get

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 06:21 AM
Spare Time Toy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How high do I need to get

So Im going to swap out my exhaust for the back half of a ZO6 set up. I dont want to cut my pipes because my new ones were just unbolted in front of the rear end. I was going to do this at home but just need to get the rear end up in the air. Anyone know just how far up does it need to be?
Old 12-10-2014, 06:26 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Higher than you think.....make sure you really support the car...be careful. The *** end will be up about 3 feet
Old 12-10-2014, 09:00 AM
Navybluevette
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Spare Time Toy
So Im going to swap out my exhaust for the back half of a ZO6 set up. I dont want to cut my pipes because my new ones were just unbolted in front of the rear end. I was going to do this at home but just need to get the rear end up in the air. Anyone know just how far up does it need to be?

I would say you need to get it up at least 3 ft. It a PITA.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:13 PM
2003RedVette
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spare Time Toy
Yes, pretty much 3 feet. I've done it a couple of times, it pretty high. You also want to make sure the front wheels are on ramps or something. I use a big floor jack, several 2' pieces of 2x8, and 2 6 ton jack stands.

Also, I have a closed down grocery store by me that has the perfect dock that I also used one time to do this as well. I would definitely advise a spotter... I haven't moved it all the way back in the pic though.
Attached Images  
Old 12-11-2014, 09:48 PM
corvette77
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a place in Denton that rents out their lift bays by the hour. That is where I did mine a few years ago. It was only $20 an hour. I think the place is called "My Bay Automotive".
Old 12-13-2014, 06:48 PM
Spare Time Toy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003RedVette
Yes, pretty much 3 feet. I've done it a couple of times, it pretty high. You also want to make sure the front wheels are on ramps or something. I use a big floor jack, several 2' pieces of 2x8, and 2 6 ton jack stands.

Also, I have a closed down grocery store by me that has the perfect dock that I also used one time to do this as well. I would definitely advise a spotter... I haven't moved it all the way back in the pic though.
Special thanks go out to Steve (2003RedVette). He told me where the loading dock was and came over to help swap the pipes on our car. I like the new sound. Not loud until it needs to be
Old 12-13-2014, 07:05 PM
Navybluevette
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Glad to hear you got them on......have fun

Get notified of new replies

To How high do I need to get

Quick Reply: How high do I need to get