Phoenix Area Car Washes

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 03:41 AM
vbcorvette
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Phoenix Area Car Washes

Hi everyone,

I recently moved to the north Scottsdale, AZ area and I am looking for a coin operated self service car wash that allows to me to bring my own buckets and soap and wash my car myself.

Does anyone in the Scottsdale or North Phoenix area know of any places?

If not, do you know of any good hand car washes around here that won't leave my paint full of swirls afterwards?

Thanks!
Old 12-25-2014, 03:55 AM
Supermassive
Melting Slicks

Received 794 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by vbcorvette
Hi everyone,

I recently moved to the north Scottsdale, AZ area and I am looking for a coin operated self service car wash that allows to me to bring my own buckets and soap and wash my car myself.

If not, do you know of any good hand car washes around here that won't leave my paint full of swirls afterwards?

Thanks!
Wish I could be more help but the only one I know for sure doesnt mind me bringing my cleaning gear is in Ahwatukee on 32nd and Chandler at the Shell station. As for car washes around here...I wouldnt trust any of these places. I took my last car to a "touchless" car wash in Gilbert and spent the rest of the day actually recleaning my car and re detailed it. The other problem with car washes here in Phoenix is that our water is filled with minerals that make nice little deposits on your car that are a bitch to polish out.

If you want your car professionally cleaned and detailed youre in luck because we have Windows and Wheels here in Phoenix. Will and his wife do an amazing job and are pretty well priced for what they do.

Sorry that I probably didnt answer your question but if youre ever in need of a coin operated car wash in Ahwatukee now you know where to go!
Old 12-25-2014, 04:41 AM
Jontall
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car washes cause a lot of damage to your car; avoid.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:54 AM
jrainlay
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I use Classic Car Spa in Scottsdale... They do a true hand wash for $27 and if you buy the washes in groups of 10, they'll give you a discount plus the current wash free, so the effective cost per wash is about $23 plus tips. They assign one person to the car who does the hand wash and then takes the car around to the detailing room where that same person dries it thoroughly, cleans the inside, does the windows inside and out, etc. Almost like a light detail job. A supervisor then looks the car over before the car is returned to the owner. Takes about 30-45 min. I've been using these people for several years without any problems. They do a lot of really high-end cars (Ferarris, Lambos, etc.). They have several locations around the Valley, but I can only vouch for the one on north Scottsdale road. It's just a mile or two north of the 101. Here's a pic of my Bimmer getting the Classic Car Spa hand-wash treatment (sorry... no Vette pics handy):
Attached Images  
Old 12-25-2014, 10:30 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 935 Likes on 489 Posts
Tech Contributor

Learn to do a rinseless wash, takes 10 min to do, no scratch and you dont need a hose. Download the how to here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vt2pngsnv...nTAhOsRua?dl=0
Old 12-25-2014, 11:06 AM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
Learn to do a rinseless wash, takes 10 min to do, no scratch and you dont need a hose. Download the how to here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vt2pngsnv...nTAhOsRua?dl=0
The rinseless wash is so simple. Get distilled water and mix up no more than a quart per wash.
Old 12-26-2014, 11:32 AM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by vbcorvette
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
When I drove home from KC to Seattle I used Google Maps and in the search section looked for self car washes in the bigger cities along my route even before I picked up my car !!! Wayne
Old 12-26-2014, 11:52 AM
rramjet
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Can't help in Scottsdale but I've used a touchless one here in Mesa that is attached to do it yourself bays. It uses a wand that moves around the car getting the wheels as well. I hit the wheels and tires with foaming cleaner before I drive in and they look perfect when done. It has a powerful blower for drying at the end and I only do minor drying after that. It's $4. Can't believe there isn't one in the Scottsdale area. Good luck.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:12 PM
Bavaria
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 93 Posts

Any recommendations for the West Valley? I'm in Goodyear.
Thanks.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:44 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Here's a complete listing:

https://www.google.com/search?source...odyear%2C%20az
Old 12-29-2014, 10:35 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

my vote goes for classic car spa! When i lived in Gilbert I would hit up the one on Val Vista and Williams field all the time
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 01-02-2015, 12:35 AM
vbcorvette
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I tried Classic Car Spa in North Scottsdale a few days ago. I purchased the full detail that included a handwash, full clay bar, and a coat of Zaino.

I wasn't too satisfied with the results as they left unbuffed Zaino compound in various places on the car.

I did take a look at some rinseless washes as some of you recommended. To test this out, I washed my wife's SUV using the Turtle Wax Rinseless wash and wax I found at a local store.

I was VERY suprised by the results. My wife's car was FILTHY and yet I was able to remove all the grime and bugs without inflicting any swirls or scratches. It rained the next day, and upon inspecting the paint afterwards, it was as if a coat if wax was laid on the car as all the water was beading... Pretty cool.

Thanks for the great idea, this might be a lifesaver for me!
Old 01-03-2015, 03:35 PM
2KROADSTER
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been using Hollywood Hand Car Wash for years and they always do a great job at a reasonable price. They are located on the SW corner of University and Scottsdale Rd. near ASU. I only have them do the exterior as I had the interior re-done in leather and prefer to maintain it myself.

Get notified of new replies

To Phoenix Area Car Washes

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area Car Washes