Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

I'm not fixing for the next coupl days

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 01:56 PM
Spare Time Toy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I'm not fixing for the next coupl days

Since we have nice weather for a couple days and I think I pinpointed my leak I'm running it until the weekend then pulling the intake again. Here is what I posted in the tech section.

I have been chasing this leak since I got the car last fall. First I thought it was coming from the cracked PCV line so I did the home depot fittings and fuel line fix. No luck. So I purchased on of the harbor freight mechanic scopes where I could get the camera and light behind the intake and look around. Back of the top of the engine is wet so I go for the oil pressure sender. No luck still drippn. Next I decide I'll do the LS6 valley pan to do the PCV fix because I got stains from oil coming past my throttle blade and while I'm in there I'll change the oring on the cam position sensor. The valley pan had issues of its own but I still have the leak. Today I get the car up on my ramps clean all the oil off the underside of the engine check oil pan bolts find 2 loose look up the proper torque and secure them. Start the car let it run for 10 min and I have drips. So I bust out my scope and go looking. It's coming from that friggn cam position sensor. When I put it in it went in easy and I thought to myself there should have been more resistance than that. So off with the intake once more and my question after all of that is if I just but a new sensor and oring do I need to take it for a tune or does the computer care at all that it is a new sensor?
Old 01-26-2015, 10:46 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

No tune or relearn on the cam sensor. With the crank sensor you would have to do a relearn.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:57 PM
Spare Time Toy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gotjuice?
No tune or relearn on the cam sensor. With the crank sensor you would have to do a relearn.
Cool thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To I'm not fixing for the next coupl days

Quick Reply: I'm not fixing for the next coupl days