Vette Hatin' Dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 02:56 PM
crawfish333
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 187 Posts
CI 6-7 & 9 Veteran

Default Vette Hatin' Dealers?

I recently moved to Burleson from California, and I am looking to have the headlight recall done on my 2007 base roadster. I call one local dealer, and when I mentioned the recall, the girl said they would not schedule any more Corvette recall services until “at least March 30.” I was also planning to get a 4 wheel alignment and new hood props installed. They service department sounded almost irritated because I had a Vette that needed recall service.

Is there a dealer around Arlington-Fort Worth area that gives a Damn about Vette Owners where I might be able to take my car?
Old 02-13-2015, 05:51 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,839 Likes on 1,800 Posts

I know that Fairbanks Chevrolet in DeSoto will do it, but that's a little further east. They used to do all kinds of work to my C5 and know how to treat a Corvette.

Unless a dealership is booked they're legally not supposed to refuse a recall repair. That's against the law.

You also have the option of going to a place like 21st Century Muscle Cars in Addison (ask for Matt); I do believe they're a certified GM shop, which means they can do warranty and recall repairs.

Last edited by Corvette_Ed; 02-13-2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:45 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

I've bought every single corvette of mine from Lynn Smith Chevrolet in Burleson. I would check with them. I don't know service reps there but you can PM me for a sales manager if that would help.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:56 AM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Moritz' service department is Corvette friendly. I use Ryan Byars for my service advisor. Dennis Williams is the Service Department Manager and will take care of you.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:48 PM
crawfish333
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 187 Posts
CI 6-7 & 9 Veteran

Default Thanks Guys

I actually tried Lynn Smith first, they are the ones who told me it would be at least March 30. I did find a nearby dealer who can take my car tomorrow and has the parts in stock, (Bruce Lowry). This dealer is on 820 just west of 35W.

I guess I was taken a little aback at the service managers reaction because I had a dealer with a great service department where I lived in California. I already had my Corvette when I moved there, but they took care of me just like I bought it from them. I ended up buying 2 other cars (a chevy and a caddy) from them.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:19 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

21st would be my first call. Friendly in Dallas would be my second. For alignment, I'd only use Kevin at Muffler King in Garland. He does alignments for a good amount of the high performance cars in the Dallas Racing circle, he can handle a Vette.

Most places turned me away because I'm lowered, but they got the alignment right on my GS the first try.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:20 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by crawfish333
I actually tried Lynn Smith first, they are the ones who told me it would be at least March 30. I did find a nearby dealer who can take my car tomorrow and has the parts in stock, (Bruce Lowry). This dealer is on 820 just west of 35W.

I guess I was taken a little aback at the service managers reaction because I had a dealer with a great service department where I lived in California. I already had my Corvette when I moved there, but they took care of me just like I bought it from them. I ended up buying 2 other cars (a chevy and a caddy) from them.
My wife and I read your first post and SHE immediately knew you were talking about Lynn Smith. There are some nice folks that work there but as we found out, they can be down right two faced. Similar issue happened to us. Back in 2014, we attempted to purchase a C7 there. We spoke with our salesman and we agreed to buy it. We were very happy, shook hands with our salesman and within the hour, we completed our application to our credit union. Since the car was over $50K, our credit union has its board members vote on the approval of the loan. Lynn Smith Chevrolet knows that. They are in my credit unions "network" of dealerships and work with Lynn Smith ALL the time.

Less than 48 hours later, we were approved for the loan and went down to the dealership to pick up our new C7. It was gone. They had sold it that very next morning. Our salesman just played dumb and not once offered an apology. We later found out that they sold it to one of their buddies who wanted a new corvette and ironically, he lives in our neighborhood. We used to see that car all the time. When we tried to make a complaint with the upper management, our words fell on deaf ears. Lynn Smith will never get our business again.

We hope you DID find a local dealership to take care of you (unsure if Bruce Lowrie ended up doing your work). That's where we take our C7 for any service related / recall issues. Ethan in the service department is very much on the ball.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:10 AM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by officermartinez
My wife and I read your first post and SHE immediately knew you were talking about Lynn Smith. There are some nice folks that work there but as we found out, they can be down right two faced. Similar issue happened to us. Back in 2014, we attempted to purchase a C7 there. We spoke with our salesman and we agreed to buy it. We were very happy, shook hands with our salesman and within the hour, we completed our application to our credit union. Since the car was over $50K, our credit union has its board members vote on the approval of the loan. Lynn Smith Chevrolet knows that. They are in my credit unions "network" of dealerships and work with Lynn Smith ALL the time.

Less than 48 hours later, we were approved for the loan and went down to the dealership to pick up our new C7. It was gone. They had sold it that very next morning. Our salesman just played dumb and not once offered an apology. We later found out that they sold it to one of their buddies who wanted a new corvette and ironically, he lives in our neighborhood. We used to see that car all the time. When we tried to make a complaint with the upper management, our words fell on deaf ears. Lynn Smith will never get our business again.
Unless you put money down to hold a car, it is fair game. If you're saying you made a deposit and they sold the car anyway that's terrible, if you're saying that you talked with a salesman that gets 100 tire kicker phone calls a day on a high demand car then eh...it happens.

It sucks, it's annoying, but that's business. Flash the cash. I had my funding set up for my car BEFORE I found it, put a deposit down to secure it during the wire transfer process, then flew out to get it. They would have had every right to sell the car had I not put the deposit down.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:34 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by MBB
Unless you put money down to hold a car, it is fair game. If you're saying you made a deposit and they sold the car anyway that's terrible, if you're saying that you talked with a salesman that gets 100 tire kicker phone calls a day on a high demand car then eh...it happens.

It sucks, it's annoying, but that's business. Flash the cash. I had my funding set up for my car BEFORE I found it, put a deposit down to secure it during the wire transfer process, then flew out to get it. They would have had every right to sell the car had I not put the deposit down.
Generally, you are absolutely correct. And, we agree that flashing cash to hold a vehicle is the way to go. However, the salesman who agreed to sell us the car addressed that very issue and "promised" to hold the car for us for up to three days pending the approval of our loan. We even offered to put down money as a good faith deposit and he said that it wouldn't be necessary. After it was all done and said, what REALLY irritated us, they tried to down play the ordeal and sell us a 2014 Chevrolet SS. We were still in shock that they sold the C7. When we expressed our thoughts about being lied to, they stopped talking to us about the C7 altogether and tried to convince us that what we needed to buy was one of the Chevrolet SS's.

I think my wife's words were something along the lines of "W.T.F. are you kidding me" ..LOL! She laid into the salesman pretty hard. Poor guy. He said, "what's the big deal." It's got a V8 and is over 400hp. He kept trying to convince my wife that she would like the SS because the Corvette was probably too much car for her. Totally condescending and he would not relent. We asked to speak to the manager but he told us he was "unavailable." Even another salesman came over to try to help smooth things over and said he would gladly take down our information and when another C7 arrived, he "promised" he would hold it for us.

It was too late and the damage was already done. Later in the week, they even called and tried to smooth things over, but never apologized. Instead, they mentioned that since I was approved for the cost of a $71K car, they would be more than happy to sell us any other car on their lot. Click. We hung up. The customer does not come first on their lot and they are only interested in racking up sales without regard to what the buyer wants. Sorry, if that's how they do business, that's perfectly fine by us. As a consumer, we will just take our business elsewhere.. and we did.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:57 AM
MBB
Melting Slicks

I can understand that annoyance. I feel the same way about Van Chevrolet.

Get notified of new replies

To Vette Hatin' Dealers?

Quick Reply: Vette Hatin' Dealers?