Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Paint and body work needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 05:46 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Paint and body work needed

I incurred a small amount of damage around the wheel well today while driving. Debris was kicked up and it damaged the outer lip of my wheel well on my right front passenger side area. Can anyone recommend someone in the Fort Worth area who does excellent work, for cash money. I would need their services ASAP!

Old 02-15-2015, 12:09 AM
zdeckich
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 231 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year

Gary at Planet Collision in NRH off Rufe Snow. Has done great work on my C5Z and GTO.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:47 PM
officermartinez
Pro

After all was said and done, everyone's prices were pretty much on par with each other, including my local Chevrolet dealership.. which surprised the heck out of me. However, the dealership offered me a "free" loner car while they did the work. So, I just ended up with them doing the work. While they were at it, I purchased a new ZR51 showstopper rear spoiler, C7Carbon side skirts and an OEM Z06 stage 1 front splitter which were ALL painted carbon flash metallic. While the dealership had the front nose off for repair, I purchased an OEM Z06 grill which they said they could easily install for me since the original grill had to be taken out during the repair of the nose piece. Additionally, the front passenger side Z51 wheel was cosmetically damaged (heavily scratched paint damage). They refinished the wheel and fixed it perfectly. I'm very happy with the pictures that the service guy sent me and has been keeping me up to date with the cars progress.

On a side note, my interior carbon fiber dash overlay was not sitting flush with the instrument panel so they said they would just replace the whole thing since it's under warranty and also there was a warranty recall on the fuel fill pipe anti-siphon grid. They ordered it and are replacing it right now as I speak. Talk about knocking everything out ALL at the same time (paint and body work, purchasing aftermarket pieces, installing OEM Z06 stuff, warranty issues, wheel repair, warranty recall stuff, etc) ...haha! Please forgive the quality of the pictures. These were sent to me via the service guys cell phone.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:04 AM
crawfish333
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 187 Posts
CI 6-7 & 9 Veteran

How much did they charge and where did you go?
Old 03-07-2015, 01:09 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by crawfish333
How much did they charge and where did you go?
The work is being done at Bruce Lowrie Chevrolet and I haven't gotten the final bill yet. They still have the car and I am told it will more than likely be ready to pick it up on Monday. If there was ever a time to get work done, it was this past week (with the horrible weather, snow, ice, etc).
Old 03-08-2015, 03:38 PM
crawfish333
Melting Slicks

Received 292 Likes on 187 Posts
CI 6-7 & 9 Veteran

The did some minor maintenance stuff to my car and were prompt and reasonable. I may buy my new Corvette from them.

Originally Posted by officermartinez
The work is being done at Bruce Lowrie Chevrolet and I haven't gotten the final bill yet. They still have the car and I am told it will more than likely be ready to pick it up on Monday. If there was ever a time to get work done, it was this past week (with the horrible weather, snow, ice, etc).
Old 03-08-2015, 04:29 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by crawfish333
The did some minor maintenance stuff to my car and were prompt and reasonable. I may buy my new Corvette from them.
They have two C7's on their showroom as of yesterday.. A black one and a torch red one (I believe they are both Z51's).
Old 03-10-2015, 03:41 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Just got a few more updated photos from the dealership. I'm going through withdrawals.. haha. It's been two weeks but in all fairness, I did give them plenty of work to do: Remove, repair, prep, paint the front end nose.. Prep, paint and install a stage 1 Z06 splitter, C7Carbon side skirts and a showstopper ZR51 rear spoiler - painted carbon flash metallic.. Replace the original Z51 grill for the new Z06 grill.. Replace the front passenger side marker.. Remove the front passenger side tire and send out the wheel for repair and refinish - remount and balance.. Replace the carbon fiber dash trim as it was not seated very well with the instrument cluster - appeared to be warped (covered under warranty).. Replace the anti-siphon fuel tube per the GM recall notice.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:32 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Finally ended up getting the car back last week. It was in the shop for half a month! Now that I have the car back, it's leaving me again. This time, it's headed to LG Motorsports in Plano. I'm having some 1 7/8" American Racing Headers, ECS alky meth injection and an ECS supercharger installed and tuned. Hoping to pump out around 700 rwhp..

Get notified of new replies

To Paint and body work needed

Quick Reply: Paint and body work needed