Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Best price on window tinting in DFW?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 04:15 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Default Best price on window tinting in DFW?

Just curious if anyone has some pricing on tinting a corvette (C7) in DFW? The place I called wanted $240. That is way over priced from what I use to pay. Just seeing what else is out there. I've seen some out of state post where people paid $120-150 which is more like it.

Thanks
Old 02-24-2015, 07:07 PM
shreded1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had mine done at Classic in Grapevine for 199. I understand that price is important but, so is quality. I went to a dealer so that I wouldn't have to worry about a problem. If you search done this page there was another thread on this a few weeks ago with some other suggestions. Good luck!
Old 02-24-2015, 08:39 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

Alright thanks. Yes I may have the dealer do it that I'm getting the vette from but haven't heard back.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:41 PM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by CoolShoesWalkin
Alright thanks. Yes I may have the dealer do it that I'm getting the vette from but haven't heard back.
Do your homework on this... I made the mistake of going to a guy that had good reviews, with my Wifes Acura, 3 years ago.... He did a great job at a great price, however the tint is showing scratch marks from opening and closing the windows... The Quality of the tint is crap... My fault.. Bottom line is I would find out exactly what type of tint the Company you choose uses and how the tint is rated over the long run.. Tint on my 02 Z06 looks awesome after 11 years. Just my .02 cents
Old 02-24-2015, 11:26 PM
Navybluevette
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Just curious if anyone has some pricing on tinting a corvette (C7) in DFW? The place I called wanted $240. That is way over priced from what I use to pay. Just seeing what else is out there. I've seen some out of state post where people paid $120-150 which is more like it.

Thanks
I would go back to the dealer you bought the car from and get them to do it, they would probably give it to you at their cost.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:13 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I and mostly all of my friends exclusively use Tritek Window Tinting in Garland. They do everything from high end exotics to daily driven beaters.

http://tritektinting.com/

Dealerships farm it out and charge you mark up. Call Tritek today and ask for David (the owner). Tell him Big Mike with the Blue GS sent you.

(972) 926-5666

Tint is like everything else here, you get what you pay for. David uses only the highest quality films.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:16 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MBB
I and mostly all of my friends exclusively use Tritek Window Tinting in Garland. They do everything from high end exotics to daily driven beaters.

http://tritektinting.com/

Dealerships farm it out and charge you mark up. Call Tritek today and ask for David (the owner). Tell him Big Mike with the Blue GS sent you.

(972) 926-5666

Tint is like everything else here, you get what you pay for. David uses only the highest quality films.
Tritek does awesome work...

but for $100 you are getting Pep boys tint that will blue and fade in a year.. dont put ghetto tint on a VETTE.. pay the extra and get Quality tint.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:18 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by White_Lightning
Tritek does awesome work...

but for $100 you are getting Pep boys tint that will blue and fade in a year.. dont put ghetto tint on a VETTE.. pay the extra and get Quality tint.
^This. You're going to pay AT LEAST $250 for a good tint job that won't peel, bubble, or fade within a year. No sense in paying twice for one job.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:25 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MBB
^This. You're going to pay AT LEAST $250 for a good tint job that won't peel, bubble, or fade within a year. No sense in paying twice for one job.
yup.. Maybe a little more if you go with the REAL high heat repulsion tint VS just a dark film...
Old 02-26-2015, 02:31 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

Thanks. Next question...does anyone know a place that will actually tint my side windows at 20%? Seems most places I call will not go pass the law of 35%.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:00 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Thanks. Next question...does anyone know a place that will actually tint my side windows at 20%? Seems most places I call will not go pass the law of 35%.
Is this dark enough for you?

Old 02-26-2015, 06:57 PM
Marcho Polo
Le Mans Master

Received 1,620 Likes on 739 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (stock)
2019 C7 of Year Winner (stock)
Former Moderator
Cruise-In I-II-III Veteran

So on the TX DPS website, the law says 25%

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/vi/...windowTint.htm

Sunscreening devices can be applied to the side windows to the right and left of the driver if the following conditions are met.
1.Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, have a light transmittance value of 25% or more.
2.Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, have a luminous reflectance value of 25% or less.

So do the windows plus 35% tint equal 25%?

When I brought my car from Kansas and took it for its first inspection, it tested at 25% and the place refused to pass my car. I did not know what the law was at the time though. I would think if it was at 25% and the law says 25% I should be ok.

I rolled my windows down, took the top off and went to another place down the street and he never checked the windows.

Next time I go for inspection, I'll have that link ready, but I wonder if you show that to a tint place if they'll do 25%? or is it because 35% tint plus the glass equals something else?

I like the windows on my car at the percentage they are at. I have no idea what value the tint alone comes out to as I was not the one that had it done.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:15 PM
Not4spd
Melting Slicks

Received 630 Likes on 394 Posts

Dropped my car off at Tritek and told them to go as dark as legally possible. They tinted the front at 35%, thought they would go darker, but it is what it is. Back window has various small bubbles 2 months in. David stated my car (IS300) sometimes will bubble due to the defrosters going across the back window. He stated to bring it back and they will see what they can do. Not the worst experience, but sucks nonetheless. It's good to see they are going to try and make things right.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:30 AM
CDH76
Safety Car

Window tint is 20% then 35% so yes the law says 25% so by default you have to go with 35%.

MBB, you have 35% as I can see the white wall through tint. Not dark enough!
Old 02-27-2015, 08:35 AM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Window tint is 20% then 35% so yes the law says 25% so by default you have to go with 35%.

MBB, you have 35% as I can see the white wall through tint. Not dark enough!
No. I have 20% You're not seeing the wall you're seeing the overcast sky reflecting. Look again. I had 35% when I first got the car. I took it back and had it retinted to 20% three weeks ago.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:01 AM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Not4spd
Dropped my car off at Tritek and told them to go as dark as legally possible. They tinted the front at 35%, thought they would go darker, but it is what it is. Back window has various small bubbles 2 months in. David stated my car (IS300) sometimes will bubble due to the defrosters going across the back window. He stated to bring it back and they will see what they can do. Not the worst experience, but sucks nonetheless. It's good to see they are going to try and make things right.
Jake,

They went legal limit because you told them to go as dark as legally possible. Oh and it is a common issue on IS300s:

You keep bringing this up whenever someone brings up Tritek like it's an issue with the tint job but it's actually an issue with ALL IS300s. David told you to bring it in and he'd take care of it. I guess I don't understand why you couldn't just call him and take care of it vs. continuing to complain about it.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:56 PM
Not4spd
Melting Slicks

Received 630 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by MBB
Jake,

They went legal limit because you told them to go as dark as legally possible. Oh and it is a common issue on IS300s:

You keep bringing this up whenever someone brings up Tritek like it's an issue with the tint job but it's actually an issue with ALL IS300s. David told you to bring it in and he'd take care of it. I guess I don't understand why you couldn't just call him and take care of it vs. continuing to complain about it.
Where did I complain? You are putting words in my mouth. Keeping mentioning this? Twice is keep mentioning it? When the first time was a response on Facebook when someone asked where I took my car. You posted about Tritek I was adding my experience since the OP has never been there. In my post I even stated David mentioned it was an issue on IS300's. I even stated in my post that David said to bring it back so they can see what they can do. I figured it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they are going to take care of the problem. Complaining about it? Not sure how you gathered that from my post. By me stating it's not the worst experience, but it sucks nonetheless? Yes it sucks I have to take the vehicle back to them, but **** happens. Nothing is perfect.

I have yet to find the time to make it back over there let alone set up an appointment. Even if I had an opportunity to take my car back to them at this point I still would have stated the same thing.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:47 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Not4spd
Where did I complain? You are putting words in my mouth. Keeping mentioning this? Twice is keep mentioning it? When the first time was a response on Facebook when someone asked where I took my car. You posted about Tritek I was adding my experience since the OP has never been there. In my post I even stated David mentioned it was an issue on IS300's. I even stated in my post that David said to bring it back so they can see what they can do. I figured it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they are going to take care of the problem. Complaining about it? Not sure how you gathered that from my post. By me stating it's not the worst experience, but it sucks nonetheless? Yes it sucks I have to take the vehicle back to them, but **** happens. Nothing is perfect.

I have yet to find the time to make it back over there let alone set up an appointment. Even if I had an opportunity to take my car back to them at this point I still would have stated the same thing.
No..you randomly added your two cents on Will's post of his car being tinted there. David took the initiative and asked you which location tinted your car but this was after you made a post about your tint bubbling after 2 months. Twice in two weeks isn't random.

You seemed to be complaining then, but I suppose that tone can't be picked up on the net. I guess I was ready to believe that as I felt that the way you bogarted Will's post before even talking to David on the matter was a bit rude.

If I had you figured wrong I apologize, however where I am from you give a vendor the chance to make things right without bringing up your issues in front of potential customers.

Get notified of new replies

To Best price on window tinting in DFW?

Quick Reply: Best price on window tinting in DFW?