Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Don't miss Corvette World's "1st Annual Corvettes Cruisin Galveston."!! 89 days!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 12:31 PM
CWHMATT
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Don't miss Corvette World's "1st Annual Corvettes Cruisin Galveston."!! 89 days!!!!!!

Hello all and thank you to everyone that has pre-registered for Corvette World’s “1st Annual Corvettes Cruisin Galveston” an inaugural event that we anticipate to grow by leaps and bounds in the years to come. I know everyone is thinking….what is actually going to take place at each stage of the event. I have put together a synopsis, now that everything is set in stone and it is spelled out below. We also have incorporated it into the web site (www.corvettescruisingalveston.com) on the event and info page by clicking “READ MORE” under each event topic. We are very excited about the opportunity to show everyone a great experience in a Historic Coastal City and hope to put on the event with as few snags as possible. Please reach out to anyone that you know that has not registered or that is on the edge of making a decision. The more that pre-register the smoother the event will flow. We have well over 200 cars pre-registered, 565 say they are coming on the Facebook Event page, and 100 more maybes with 3 months left to go!!! It is hard to gauge the amount of space that we will actually need the first year, so we are planning for the bigger numbers. Anyone that has any questions, don’t hesitate to call me on my cell number or the store number listed below. Stay tuned for more info as it becomes available. But most of all…….LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!

P.S. We still have room for more sponsors on the poster (goes to print March 14th) if anyone knows someone interested. Please refer them to me.

BEST REGARDS,

Christopher Tine
General Manager

AUSTIN DALLAS HOUSTON
Tel: 281-821-1222
Fax: 281-821-0007
Cell: 281-799-9163
ctine@corvetteworldhouston.com

Friday Night, May 29, 2015 5:00 P.M.-9:00 P.M.

Moody Gardens Ballroom

All people that arrive on the island Friday May 29th will go to Moody Gardens Hotel to the Ballroom to pick up credentials for the Saturday show, pre ordered T-shirts and wristbands for the Saturday night “Island Casual Awards Gala”. At the meet and greet we will have a DJ for entertainment, light hors d’oeuvres and cash bars. We anticipate having discount coupons for island restaurants to hand out in the packets to allow people to dine out on the Island that night and enjoy the awesome historical city, beach views and island entertainment.

Saturday, May 30, 2015 9:00 A.M.-4:00 P.M.

The “Corvettes Cruisin Galveston, Grand Corvette Show”
The Historical Strand District

We have been extremely fortunate to secure the Historical Galveston Strand Area for this event. The 10 block area is full of Historic buildings, cobble stone streets, restaurants, shops, galleries, and clubs. The photo ops will be incredible. We will have 3 DJ’s positioned in different areas for entertainment. Vendors will be able to move in very early Saturday morning 6:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m. There will be a station to register the morning of the show (TBD). We urge everyone that is planning to enter the show area to pre-register on line or at the “Registration and Meet and Greet” Friday night. This will help make the Saturday morning move in much easier. The cars will be able to start moving in at 8:00 a.m. judging will start at 11:00 a.m. The judges will be local celebrities, city officials, and each entrant will be able to fill out a ballot. Ballots will be due and closed by 2:30 p.m. we will have between 70 and 100 awards for different classes and specialty items. We wil have during the show The First Annual “Strand Poker Run”. Each business on the strand will have cards available for people with show credentials. For every $20 spent in a store, restaurant or bar on the strand, that person will receive one poker card. At the “Island Casual Awards Gala” Saturday night, the winning hand will win $500 cash and the worst hand will receive $250. Exit from the Strand will be done in an orderly fashion starting at 4:00 p.m. Everyone will have free time until the Saturday night Gala which starts at 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, May 30, 2015 7:30 P.M.-11:30 P.M.

The “Corvettes Cruisin Galveston, Island Casual Awards Gala”
Moody Gardens Convention Center

WALK THE RED CARPET!!!! This will be a great photo op as we will have the entry to this event set up complete with Red Carpet and the Event Logo Back drop. The Gala event will be complete with heavy hors d’oeuvres, cash bars, live entertainment, dancing, and more. We will honor all of our sponsors and people who contributed their time from the stage, give out awards, and more. There will be a 50/50 drawing (tickets will be on sale starting the day of the show), raffles, a silent auction, and door prizes. Tables will be set up as 10 tops around the dance floor. We are working on entertainment for the event and it will be announced as soon as we decide on the bands. We will also make some announcements concerning next year’s event, one of them being a very interesting surprise for the World of Corvette owners. It will be a night of fun and comradery. DON’T MISS IT!!!!!!!

Sunday, May 31, 2015 9:00 A.M.-12:00 Noon

The “Corvettes Cruisin Galveston, Seawall/Blue Water Highway Run”
Staging at Cherry Hill, Galveston’s East End

Sunday May 31st: 8:00 a.m. Stage all Corvettes at East end of Galveston Island on Cherry Hill for aerial video and photography 9:00 a.m. 15-20 second engine rev (in Honor of Harley Earl and Myron Scott). Then proceed immediately to the route. The first model, a convertible, was designed by Harley Earl and introduced at the GM Motorama in 1953 as a concept show car. Myron Scott is credited for naming the car after the type of small, maneuverable warship called a corvette.

This will be a 40-mile (one way) drive along the Texas coastline from the bustling port and tourist center of Galveston to the sleepy beach town of Surfside Beach. The drive follows the coast starting in the busy tourist city of Galveston and ending in a section that is relatively empty, and quiet. As along most of the Texas coast there are few trees near the shore except where they have been planted. Wind, salt and occasional hurricanes make it difficult for trees to become established. But the beaches and dunes have a stark beauty of their own. Nothing beats watching the sun rise over the Gulf of Mexico on a cool, quiet morning. Behind the beaches are low dune ridges that are often covered with flowers such as the purple goat-foot morning glory. Marshes flank the back bays and harbor a tremendous variety of birds, fish, and other creatures. Now imagine the sound of hundreds of Corvettes making their way down the Galveston Seawall, across San Luis Pass Bridge, down the Blue Water Highway to Surfside, Texas and back. AWWWESOME!!!!!!

Upon arrival to Surfside there are alternate routes to cruise back to different areas of Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, etc. These routes will be available to the participants before the run. Of course you can cruise back to Galveston down the same beautiful route that the run came by and enjoy the many entertainment sites and great places to eat that make Galveston a premier destination!!
Old 02-28-2015, 05:34 PM
2003RedVette
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will be there!!!
Old 03-09-2015, 03:03 PM
The Wagner
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I too will be at this event.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:11 PM
OL2yellr
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Sounds like a real good time.
I live in Oklahoma now, can I still join in the fun??
Old 03-09-2015, 08:21 PM
2003RedVette
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OL2yellr
Heck yea, there are Vetters from several other states coming. Come on!
Old 03-10-2015, 12:28 PM
G352C6
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Count me in!
Old 03-10-2015, 09:31 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Another Okie who is registered and have a room, see you in May.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:36 PM
CWHMATT
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Fun

Originally Posted by OL2yellr
Of Course!!!! Go to the website and sign up!!

Get notified of new replies

To Don't miss Corvette World's "1st Annual Corvettes Cruisin Galveston."!! 89 days!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Don't miss Corvette World's "1st Annual Corvettes Cruisin Galveston."!! 89 days!!!!!!