Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Good performance shops near Fort Worth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 04:35 PM
jwalk74
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good performance shops near Fort Worth?

Hello all,

I visited a performance shop today to get a quote for my c6 today. I have been shopping around for a performance package upgrade for a while, now. The shop that I went to was very overpriced when compared to other comperable performance packages at other shops within a few hour's drive.

I don't want to name the shop as this is not intended to be a shop bashing thread. I'm just looking to not pay more than I have to for the same upgrades.

I live in Burleson, just south of Fort Worth but I am thinking about making the drive to Longview to see East Texas Musclecars at this point.

Are there any recommendations?

Last edited by jwalk74; 03-26-2015 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:49 PM
zdeckich
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 231 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year

Had my cam, header install and tune at 21st century muscle cars. Highly recommend them. Also if your looking for something locally, check out SNL performance in Fort Worth. I hear LG is good but they are high on price. What are you wanting to get done?
Old 03-27-2015, 07:51 AM
jwalk74
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by zdeckich
Had my cam, header install and tune at 21st century muscle cars. Highly recommend them. Also if your looking for something locally, check out SNL performance in Fort Worth. I hear LG is good but they are high on price. What are you wanting to get done?
As of right now, I only have an axle back exhaust. I am wanting headers, x-pipe, supercharger, and maybe a cam. I love the sound of a big cam but I have an A6 vette and I don't want to lose any drivability with a torque converter. There are packages with both Dallas Performance and East Texas Musclecars that have been the best priced deals so far.

I will have to check out SNL and 21st Century.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:04 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Quality Motorsports is one of the best! I also really like LG Motorsports and Texas Track Works.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:01 AM
zdeckich
Safety Car

2016 C5 of the Year

Originally Posted by JerryTX
Quality Motorsports is one of the best! I also really like LG Motorsports and Texas Track Works.
I don't think Texas Track works will do a any motor work.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:41 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

Well I completely understand not wanting to bash any shop on here. That's honorable that you mention that. Not sure if LG Motorsports is the high price place you refer to but we just dropped our C7 off there yesterday for a supercharger, alky methanol injection, LMR catch can breather and American Racing Headers and a custom tune installation. They are a tad on the higher end of the price spectrum but my wife and I are VERY pleased with their knowledge and expertise. I will be dropping by there tomorrow to drop off a few items for our C7. We live fairly close to Burleson and have frequented a few places to eat up and down the I-35 corridor as we live in the North Crowley Area. Holler at us if you have any questions.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:40 PM
hihoSilver
Racer

WHo do you guys in Burleson use for alignment shops or brakes etc..? I dont trust the dealer in Arlington. Regarding brakes, since my back surgery, I am pretty much worthless right now. While I am here, I am also looking for a trustworthy stereo shop that can gut my system and start over.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:49 PM
JerryTX
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Texas Track Works for alignments no doubt. These guys are track nuts and nobody does a better alignment or corner balance if you are interested. And I do think they will venture into performance mods for the Corvette but they are not at the same level yet as LG or Quality.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:26 AM
jwalk74
Heel & Toe

It wasn't LG. I went to them a few times with my previous f-body car. They are a little higher but they also design some parts so, it is a bit more understandable. For my experience, I was quoted $12k for a supercharger and headers with h-pipe. ETCM has a similar package for $8.5k, and both, Dallas performance and 21st century have blower-header packages plus a lot more for less than that.

I just want to make sure that I'm not overpaying but still getting quality work done.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:03 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by jwalk74
It wasn't LG. I went to them a few times with my previous f-body car. They are a little higher but they also design some parts so, it is a bit more understandable. For my experience, I was quoted $12k for a supercharger and headers with h-pipe. ETCM has a similar package for $8.5k, and both, Dallas performance and 21st century have blower-header packages plus a lot more for less than that.

I just want to make sure that I'm not overpaying but still getting quality work done.
Supercharger + Headers + H-Pipe for 12K.. did that include the tune as well?
Old 04-01-2015, 12:13 PM
WrEcKeD1101
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another vote for SNL in Haslet. Steve knows his stuff and does awesome work!
Old 04-02-2015, 03:45 PM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

our supercharger headers and mid sections kits NOW start around $7500 installed AND tuned! we just finished up a DFW car 2 weeks ago and have another one coming down in 2 weeks for a stg 6 kit

Hope to see you soon!
Old 04-02-2015, 04:45 PM
jwalk74
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by East Tx Muscle Cars
our supercharger headers and mid sections kits NOW start around $7500 installed AND tuned! we just finished up a DFW car 2 weeks ago and have another one coming down in 2 weeks for a stg 6 kit

Hope to see you soon!
PM'd you. I have heard great things about your shop from multiple forums.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:30 PM
VerTigo456
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Texas Track Works for alignments no doubt. These guys are track nuts and nobody does a better alignment or corner balance if you are interested. And I do think they will venture into performance mods for the Corvette but they are not at the same level yet as LG or Quality.
I own the business next door to Texas Track Works and can definitely vouch for them. They have a gm certified tech on staff as well. They can handle any motor work short of a rebuild. Same with any diff/tranny work. They threw on my American Racing 1 7/8" headers a few months ago and put my LG GT2 coilovers on week before last along with corner balancing them. Great great guys.

I will also vouch for LG.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:51 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by VerTigo456
I own the business next door to Texas Track Works and can definitely vouch for them. They have a gm certified tech on staff as well. They can handle any motor work short of a rebuild. Same with any diff/tranny work. They threw on my American Racing 1 7/8" headers a few months ago and put my LG GT2 coilovers on week before last along with corner balancing them. Great great guys.

I will also vouch for LG.
My wife and I are scheduled to pick up our car from LG Motorsports this weekend. I'll report back with some BEFORE and AFTER dyno numbers (and hopefully some pictures / videos). Our completely stock 2014 Z51 dyno'd at 411. We are shooting for something around the 700 mark.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:09 AM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Does Texas Track Works have dyno? I think that is where my wife took her car to get alignment as well (before I bought my C7). I may check into that place for a track event I have coming up.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:02 AM
zdeckich
Safety Car

2016 C5 of the Year

Originally Posted by CoolShoesWalkin
Does Texas Track Works have dyno? I think that is where my wife took her car to get alignment as well (before I bought my C7). I may check into that place for a track event I have coming up.
Last time i was in there they did not have a dyno.

Get notified of new replies

To Good performance shops near Fort Worth?

Old 04-14-2015, 08:50 AM
VerTigo456
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by CoolShoesWalkin
They do not have a dyno. I think closest dyno to them is Simple Quick Racing in Benbrook or Speedtech Performance.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:59 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by VerTigo456
They do not have a dyno. I think closest dyno to them is Simple Quick Racing in Benbrook or Speedtech Performance.
Does anyone know if Simple Quick Racing sells VP Race Fuel M1 methanol in the (5) gallon can? We got our car back and our HP levels were promising. 411 rwhp before our installation.. 662 rwhp after the installation. Pretty good.. a 251 rwhp increase.

Old 04-15-2015, 06:14 PM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by officermartinez
Does anyone know if Simple Quick Racing sells VP Race Fuel M1 methanol in the (5) gallon can? We got our car back and our HP levels were promising. 411 rwhp before our installation.. 662 rwhp after the installation. Pretty good.. a 251 rwhp increase.

grats. Whats all your mods?

Quick Reply: Good performance shops near Fort Worth?