Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

C7 Track Prep in San Antonio

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 12:24 AM
silky1
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Default C7 Track Prep in San Antonio

Looking for a good place to take my 2015 C7 Z51 to get tracked prep for a few upcoming track days. I need the brake fluid changed to DOT4, the track alignment, and oil changed to 15W-50. The oil change my not that worried about, I'll have the dealer do that. My main concern is finding a reputable place to have the track alignment performed. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:27 PM
jbc1995fb
Safety Car

Received 1,341 Likes on 884 Posts

Originally Posted by silky1
Looking for a good place to take my 2015 C7 Z51 to get tracked prep for a few upcoming track days. I need the brake fluid changed to DOT4, the track alignment, and oil changed to 15W-50. The oil change my not that worried about, I'll have the dealer do that. My main concern is finding a reputable place to have the track alignment performed. Any advice is appreciated.

I don't have any first hand experience with them, but everyone on here swears by Henderson Performance in New Braunfels.

http://www.hendersonperformance.com/

If not ask a member here, gotjuice he's very knowledgeable when it comes to these things.

Sorry I couldn't help more.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:09 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Do you know the specs for the alignment? I can do it, Just do not have much time lately.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:06 PM
silky1
Racer

Thanks for the replies. I do have the specs. I have attached a link to the C7 track prep. I'm just down the road from you juice, I live at TPC and 281. I am in no rush to get this completed as my first track day isn't until mid May. I just didn't want to wait till the last minute. I called one performance shop in town and didn't get the warm and fuzzy from them.

http://www.c7stingrayregistry.com/pd...PREP_Final.pdf
Old 04-02-2015, 03:23 PM
urslow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used Henderson Performance many times in the past and they do good work!
Old 04-12-2015, 07:06 PM
racer778
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default meetup

Hello, I would like to see about having a meeting of the minds as I just tracked my NRB ZO6/ZO7 at COTA Mar 29th and would like to get some pointers and find out the schedule for other Track events. I am just north of TPC 281 at the preserve Indian Springs. Please PM me or I will in the next couple of days if I haven't heard from anyone. I plan on going to driveway Austin or COTA on May 16. Let me know
Joe C
Old 04-12-2015, 08:15 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Hey Joe, I am just a few miles north of you on 1863. I don't know of anyone that goes out on a regular basis with a Vette. Some have gone to Harris Hill, But that is a small track for a Vette. Maybe someone will chime in. I know there was an instructor that had an 07 Z06 that he would run at Harris. Not sure if he still has it or not.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:58 PM
dbhajek
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What group would you be doing COTA with on the 16?

Driveway Austin looks interesting and was thinking of doing it my self.

Have you looked into "The drivers edge" or NASA? Those are the ones I have been keeping a eye on. I also just did COTA with BMWCCA.

I live in the Timberwood park subdivision, really close to you.

Bud

Originally Posted by racer778
Hello, I would like to see about having a meeting of the minds as I just tracked my NRB ZO6/ZO7 at COTA Mar 29th and would like to get some pointers and find out the schedule for other Track events. I am just north of TPC 281 at the preserve Indian Springs. Please PM me or I will in the next couple of days if I haven't heard from anyone. I plan on going to driveway Austin or COTA on May 16. Let me know
Joe C
Old 04-13-2015, 12:57 AM
jbc1995fb
Safety Car

Received 1,341 Likes on 884 Posts

I went to Driveway Austin last year for the Xtreme Xperience.

I've wanted to take the vette on the course.

Here is the thread I had about it.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...s-weekend.html

Last edited by jbc1995fb; 04-13-2015 at 01:12 AM.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:45 PM
racer778
Instructor

Default COTA or Driveway Austin

Originally Posted by dbhajek
What group would you be doing COTA with on the 16?

Driveway Austin looks interesting and was thinking of doing it my self.

Have you looked into "The drivers edge" or NASA? Those are the ones I have been keeping a eye on. I also just did COTA with BMWCCA.

I live in the Timberwood park subdivision, really close to you.

Bud
I ran in the Blue run Group Mar 29th . I was the one who had the instructor get sick in my car. Only had two full sessions . The coordinators are Edge Addicts. I may just go to Driveway Austin with the Camaro Group. We can bring our Vettes. Its 400 for the day with an instructor. Silky hope you dont mind me hijacking your thread.

Thanks Joe
Old 04-14-2015, 12:07 AM
silky1
Racer

I ran in the Blue run Group Mar 29th . I was the one who had the instructor get sick in my car. Only had two full sessions . The coordinators are Edge Addicts. I may just go to Driveway Austin with the Camaro Group. We can bring our Vettes. Its 400 for the day with an instructor. Silky hope you dont mind me hijacking your thread.

Thanks Joe
Not at all racer. Just find me somebody to do my track alignment and we can call it even.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:59 AM
RT2SJB
Pro

Default racer778

How can I get more details on the COTA track days? I am a PSL holder at COTA and am there quite often but can not seem to make the track connection? Is your car the NRB Z06 from out of state?
Old 04-16-2015, 03:01 PM
racer778
Instructor

Default COTA Track Days

Originally Posted by RT2SJB
How can I get more details on the COTA track days? I am a PSL holder at COTA and am there quite often but can not seem to make the track connection? Is your car the NRB Z06 from out of state?
Edgeaddicts.com and Drivers edge coordinate track days. Next event from Edge addicts is a two day May 16-17 HPDE outing. You will get 5 track sessions a day for 1195 in the Novice Blue run group. I had out of state maryland plates on mine now I have my Texas AF Disabled Vet plates on it.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:23 PM
RT2SJB
Pro

Default Pm

I sent you a PM, I also am a Disabled Vet, US Army.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:30 PM
trinityprof
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Edgeaddicts.com and Drivers edge coordinate track days. Next event from Edge addicts is a two day May 16-17 HPDE outing. You will get 5 track sessions a day for 1195 in the Novice Blue run group. I had out of state maryland plates on mine now I have my Texas AF Disabled Vet plates on it.
I read your thread and have a question. I did the Ron Fellows school (their cars) and really enjoyed it. Also participated in Corvette Invasion at COTA last month in my 2014 Stingray.(Only five laps). I am thinking about doing the two day Drivers Edge school at Texas World Speedway in November. After reading the site description, it says eight track sessions in two days. Do I need to be concerned that my car is not "track ready"? Do I need to change oil, brake fluid, put my stock tires back on (so I can stress them instead of my new upgrades), etc.?
Old 08-26-2015, 01:52 AM
silky1
Racer

Originally Posted by trinityprof
I read your thread and have a question. I did the Ron Fellows school (their cars) and really enjoyed it. Also participated in Corvette Invasion at COTA last month in my 2014 Stingray.(Only five laps). I am thinking about doing the two day Drivers Edge school at Texas World Speedway in November. After reading the site description, it says eight track sessions in two days. Do I need to be concerned that my car is not "track ready"? Do I need to change oil, brake fluid, put my stock tires back on (so I can stress them instead of my new upgrades), etc.?
I would say it really depends on your track ability. I only have about 6 track days, and the two day Spring Mountain class under my belt. Here is what I do. I change the engine oil to 15w-50, brake fluid to Motul, Carbotech XP pads, and a mild track alignment. You can leave the factory tires on if you like. They run the stock tires at Spring Mountain. I bought an extra set of wheels and 255/295 michelin pilot super sports for track use. Spring Mountain "track preps" their cars as well. Have fun at the track! I've heard this will be the last ride for that great place.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:52 PM
trinityprof
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by silky1
I would say it really depends on your track ability. I only have about 6 track days, and the two day Spring Mountain class under my belt. Here is what I do. I change the engine oil to 15w-50, brake fluid to Motul, Carbotech XP pads, and a mild track alignment. You can leave the factory tires on if you like. They run the stock tires at Spring Mountain. I bought an extra set of wheels and 255/295 michelin pilot super sports for track use. Spring Mountain "track preps" their cars as well. Have fun at the track! I've heard this will be the last ride for that great place.
i appreciate your advice.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Track Prep in San Antonio

Quick Reply: C7 Track Prep in San Antonio