Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Funeral Arrangements and Cruise for Cary Blades 5/2

Old 05-01-2015, 12:49 AM
Gage
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Funeral Arrangements and Cruise for Cary Blades 5/2

As many of you are aware, we lost our great friend Cary Blades this past Monday. Cary and I founded the Austin Sharks and Stingrays club 13 years ago. Cary was a gracious southern gentleman who loved the car hobby and never met a stranger. He had a special affinity for corvettes, and if he spotted someone in a corvette getting gas, he would turn around and go introduce himself and invite them to our monthly meets. Cary was always up for a corvette discussion and offered to help folks who were new to the hobby.
Cary could always be counted on to get to our monthly meetings early to put out parking cones to save spaces for us. Cary most recently owned a cream colored 1980 corvette, but he was happiest when he had his Fathom Green 1969 Big Block Sidepipe car. Cary dreamed about owning a 69 corvette as a kid, and he was able to make it reality in 1998.

Services for Cary will be at the Ramsey Funeral Home in Georgetown this Saturday 10am. Burial will be 1pm at the Cook Walden memorial park I-35 Pflugerville. Many of us will be driving our corvettes in honor of Cary to the services.

We are meeting at the Hobby Lobby parking lot in Georgetown, I-35 at 9:15. This is just north of the University/Hwy 29 exit on the east side of I-35. We will leave as a group and head to the funeral at the Ramsey Funeral Home, 5600 Williams Dr, Georgetown.

We will miss you Cary.

Greg

Last edited by Gage; 05-01-2015 at 12:51 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 05-02-2015, 12:20 AM
tejasak
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still in shock that Cary is gone. He deserves the biggest Corvette procession ever. I cant make it to the funeral but will try to make the procession to Pflugerville.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:10 PM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,344 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:31 PM
God-speed
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Cary's family and friends. Godspeed!

Get notified of new replies

To Funeral Arrangements and Cruise for Cary Blades 5/2

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Funeral Arrangements and Cruise for Cary Blades 5/2