Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Vacation to AZ in February 2016, recommendations on places to stay, see and eat?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 09:27 AM
jotto
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Vacation to AZ in February 2016, recommendations on places to stay, see and eat?

Hi All,

Im looking to bring my wife over to the US for a surprise birthday present.
The first week we will probably stay with my sister in law just outside of Seattle. Seattle in February isnt normally the driest of places so Im thinking for the second week, a journey to Arizona may be in order.

We dont really like busy touristy type of places, preferring to travel around to smaller, off the beaten track types of places.

Just looking to get some ideas of places to stay, visit and good places to eat. We will probably fly in to Phoenix, hire a car and take off.
I have been told that sedona is quite nice so was thinking about basing ourselves around that area or possibly go south towards the Oro Valley and base there.

Any tips or advice greatly appreciated. I dont suppose there are any Corvette shows planned for early February????

Finally, anyone have any experience of racingadventures.com ? May look in to having a few laps!
TIA.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Vet65te
Le Mans Master

Received 1,032 Likes on 671 Posts

PM Sent
Old 07-23-2015, 01:50 PM
jotto
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Vet65te
PM Sent
PM replied, Thank you.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:04 PM
CyberBullet
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If you can make it to Sedona I dont think you will be disappointed. Yes, it may be a little more touristy than you want but it is a beautiful place with some great restaurants. Sorry I cant think of the names, its been a few years. I dont believe it will be too busy in February. And the drive there from Phoenix is not too bad either.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:12 PM
jotto
Melting Slicks

Thanks for that, Sedona has been mentioned a few times so its on the list of places to go.

I think we will end up doing a road trip, driving somewhere, spend the night and move on. Get to see a lot more that way.

Originally Posted by CyberBullet
If you can make it to Sedona I dont think you will be disappointed. Yes, it may be a little more touristy than you want but it is a beautiful place with some great restaurants. Sorry I cant think of the names, its been a few years. I dont believe it will be too busy in February. And the drive there from Phoenix is not too bad either.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:19 PM
CyberBullet
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like a road trip. I have traveled around Arizona a time or two. Dont know how much driving you want to do but I also went to Williams, which is on RT 66 wet of Flagstaff and Winslow Arizona which is east. You have to go stand on the corner.....lol. There is a flat bed Ford by the way. Both are small town.

Last edited by CyberBullet; 07-23-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:24 PM
lowflyer1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Arizona trip

Try the backroad from Sedona to Jerome (mining town on the side of a mountain), over top of Mingus Mtn. And on to Prescott (old territorial capital). Very scenic, fun road with lots of twists... but avoid it if it's snowing.

Also, from Sedona to Flagstaff through Oak Creek Canyon.

Have fun!
Old 08-02-2015, 10:36 AM
jim2092
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 298 Likes on 165 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

If you decide to come to Oro Valley (Tucson), send me a pm and tell me what you are looking for.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:22 AM
jotto
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jim2092
If you decide to come to Oro Valley (Tucson), send me a pm and tell me what you are looking for.
Thanks for that. Will send you a PM a little later ( covered in grease after working on the old girl! using garage laptop to get a few answers in tech ) as we are definitely coming to Oro Valley to meet with Lanny, another 81 owner I met through this forum. If you can suggest anything in the local area im all ears! TIA.

Get notified of new replies

To Vacation to AZ in February 2016, recommendations on places to stay, see and eat?

Quick Reply: Vacation to AZ in February 2016, recommendations on places to stay, see and eat?