Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Baily's Hyperformance Factory

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 11:12 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Baily's Hyperformance Factory

Just wanted to show my appreciation to Baily's Hyperformance Factory in the Saginaw / North Fort Worth area. Yesterday, I took our '14 Z51 up there to address a tuning issue. It was also discovered while changing the supercharger fluid, that I am missing a certain type of relief nut on the supercharger itself (per a direct conversation with the guys at ECS.. a 5 second fix). I am EXTREMELY pleased with the results of Baily's efforts, to put it mildly! They nailed the dyno numbers when they said 650 rwhp but I was impressed that I pulled 601 rwtq in the brutal 100+ degree Texas weather. My previous best rwtq numbers never exceeded 585 and that was under more ideal / optimal conditions. I've already got an ECS 1500 supercharger @ 10psi, ECS Alky Meth kit (100% VP M1 Methanol), LMR revised catch can / breather and a set of 1 7/8 American Racing Headers.

Now I must play the waiting game. I have to pay off one little bitty debt (per my wife's orders before she'll give me the green light to have the work done). After speaking with Texas Speed & Performance and speaking with Chris and Seth at Baily's, they will be doing my next round of go-fast goodies. I've opted for the TS&P heads/cam package and a retune. Keeping my fingers crossed for 825-850 rwhp. Those guys really know their stuff!

As time goes on, I'll be sure to keep others posted on this thread about my thoughts and overall customer experience with Baily's, when the work is finally completed and our car is re-delivered to us. This wait is killing me.. haha!

Small clip of yesterday's dyno session at Baily's:
http://vid41.photobucket.com/albums/...psh07xglvn.mp4

Last edited by officermartinez; 11-24-2015 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Vid
Old 08-22-2015, 12:09 PM
0Bailys Hyperformance
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It was pleasure having you come by the shop!! We are very excited about the tune results and the future of the Martinez C7!!
Old 08-24-2015, 03:58 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by Bailys Hyperformance
It was pleasure having you come by the shop!! We are very excited about the tune results and the future of the Martinez C7!!
Have a quick question.. Can you get me a quote on installing a Circle D C7 258mm Pro III 6L80E Torque Converter. I called Circle D and they offer it for $1200. Are you able to get any type of price break? How much for installation? If I'm going with a VVT-2 TS&P cam, I will definitely need that torque converter.

Keeping fingers crossed for 850rwhp.

Last edited by officermartinez; 11-24-2015 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:45 PM
0Bailys Hyperformance
Former Vendor

Let me check our price on it and I will call you later today.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:33 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by Bailys Hyperformance
Let me check our price on it and I will call you later today.
Great! ..thanks guys!
Old 11-17-2015, 12:20 PM
officermartinez
Pro

A small update on my C7. Baily's took possession of our C7 and all I can say so far is WOW! They are doing a big build on our car and I'm happy to see the progress! I'm looking for big numbers and they are helping me get there! They even caught a potential disaster before it was too late with my tune and with a wire harness that a different tuner shop installed. I am very grateful for their openness and honesty (and the steady flow of progress pictures).. LOL. Here's pretty much what has happened to our C7 since the start of this thread:

TS&P VVT-1 Camshaft (with larger 33% fuel lobe)
TS&P Hardened Chromoly Pushrods
DOD Delete Kit (DOD hole plug, head gaskets, ARP head stud kit, lifter tray and lifters)
Comp Cam Phaser Block
PRC .650" Dual valve springs (including titanium retainers, hardened spring set and new valve seals)
CNC machine port our heads and hone the block
Custom Baily's Tune
Circle D PRO III 3000-3200 rpm Torque Converter
Forged Wiseco Pistons and new rings (compression lowered to approximately 9.5 - 10:1)
ECS pulley (bought two different sized ECS pulley's to play with - 13-14 #'s of boost?)
Upgraded our single nozzle Alky Meth to a dual nozzle and a 3 bar map sensor
Borla cat-back exhaust (with all 4 actuators / valves deleted. It's also being professionally ceramic coated black)

Last edited by officermartinez; 11-17-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:07 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Nice upgrade guys!!
Old 11-17-2015, 01:22 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Nice upgrade guys!!
Thanks Doug! We hope our 1500 ECS is up to the challenge. If it isn't quite enough blower for our needs, we will start looking at your 2200 unit!
Old 11-17-2015, 11:17 PM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Curious, are you simply future proofing with the built bottom end or do the 7s need a built bottom to push the blower? Also are you worried about popping the trans? I wouldn't expect a 6L80 to live for an extended period at +750whp. Are you going to have Century build it?

+1 on Bailey's doing good work. I plan on having them install my D1.
Old 11-17-2015, 11:57 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by MBB
Curious, are you simply future proofing with the built bottom end or do the 7s need a built bottom to push the blower? Also are you worried about popping the trans? I wouldn't expect a 6L80 to live for an extended period at +750whp. Are you going to have Century build it?

+1 on Bailey's doing good work. I plan on having them install my D1.
We have a lot invested in our C7.. I would say far more invested than 95% - 99% of other C7 car owners. We previously had 650-670 rwhp (760 crank? hp) on our setup but grew out of those power levels. Going any higher than THOSE levels, we wanted to ensure the longevity of our engine + piece of mind, so we opted for something around the 1000 crank hp level. Baily's has built quite a few high HP cars / 1000 hp cars and we trust them 100%. My wife and I have spoke to them in great detail about our HP expectations as well as the technical aspects of what we want to accomplish.

A word on the C7 transmission. Companies such as Lingenfelter, LMR, Hennessey, etc all offer super high HP packages for our cars. Respectively, after speaking to each of those companies on their 850 - 1000 hp packages, their offerings didn't seem to include any beefing up of the transmission. If the big shops saw big time problems with their high horsepower packages with the stock C7 transmissions, as you can imagine the negative press would certainly cast a dark shadow over those offerings. If we were going to be racing our C7 constantly, we would certainly be interested in beefing up the internals. The C7 transmissions seem to be holding up very well so far. Of course, the repeated and constant pounding on any component will cause that component to prematurely wear. Until we cross that issue, we've opted to only have our torque converter swapped out for a much more suitable one for our needs.

Baily's has proven themselves as a VERY worthwhile / reputable shop. They found TWO big potential issues affecting our former 650-670 rwhp build and they corrected it with ease. After speaking to Chris and Seth, I am 100% satisfied with their ability to build a reliable, high HP C7. They don't advertise on here very much but a few weeks ago, I saw their BP 1000 package installed on a C7 Z06. Beautiful.. Simpy beautiful. Their customer service is second to none and I am glad they are sensitive to their customers needs / wants / desires / questions. I believe the block honing was subbed out to a local company who specializes in those services. The heads were sent off to Texas Speed and Performance for their "package" deal (heads and cam package listed on their website) and as far as I know, everything else was done in-house.

As a consumer, we think you will be very happy with their final work product! Your D1 project sounds very promising! Do you have any HP goals? Street car / strip car?

Last edited by officermartinez; 11-18-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:50 AM
MBB
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Well I wish you luck. I can't wait to see what it does.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:20 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Just a "small" update.. the drivetrain / new Circle D Pro III torque converter was reinstalled in the last 24 hours. I think they are tackling the Wisco Forged Pistons at the moment..

Old 11-21-2015, 02:30 AM
officermartinez
Pro

I was sent a few more pictures of my parts that are being installed today:

Old 11-24-2015, 12:09 AM
David426
Safety Car

Received 130 Likes on 39 Posts

Did you guys ever fix that mess of a car on Mark Jokerst?
Old 11-24-2015, 01:07 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Originally Posted by David426
Fix that mess on someone's car? Guess you're asking about a customers car at Baily's..

As for our car, we have another small update. Specialized Performance Coatings just called us a few hours ago and said our Borla Atak cat-back exhaust should be ready for pick-up today. We will post up a few pictures of their excellent ceramic coating handy work!

Last edited by officermartinez; 11-24-2015 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:36 AM
0Bailys Hyperformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by David426
Fix? No we wouldn't mess with it after we discovered the truth to what was going on. But that's for another conversation for another day.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:24 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Exhaust has been officially ceramic coated black!

Get notified of new replies

To Baily's Hyperformance Factory

Old 12-01-2015, 12:11 AM
officermartinez
Pro

Looks like my block is going to be sent back Baily's after being honed (hopefully tomorrow). After speaking to Chris, it seems we are still waiting for Texas Speed and Performance to send our heads back. Once the block is stuffed back into our car and the heads get reinstalled, it will be a matter of a few days before the car is back up and running on the dyno. Tuning the car will take some time but I'm sure they will nail it. Pictures are soon to come!
Old 12-02-2015, 12:44 PM
officermartinez
Pro

A tiny update:

Called Texas Speed & Performance this morning. Our heads are still being worked on. Best guestimate is another week until they can get them finished and shipped out. Hmmmmm..

Old 12-17-2015, 08:01 PM
Racie
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Paid a visit to the shop today and saw the project...awesome bunch of guys and that thing is gonna be a beast! Can't wait to see and hopefully hear your results mine will be going in soon...

Quick Reply: Baily's Hyperformance Factory