Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Member near Mesa, AZ with ZR1 experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 01:15 AM
Escalarado
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Member near Mesa, AZ with ZR1 experience

Hey there guys, I am currently considering a car for sale in Mesa, AZ and wanted to know if there are any members near the area. I would be interested to know if anyone that is has some first hand experience with ZR1s and would be willing to inspect a car before I fly 1200 miles to go get it.

Main things I would need help with are:
Meeting up with the seller to give the car a solid once over and talk me through anything regarding the overall condition of the car.
If this car has the vibration issue that can show up on ZR1s when cruising in the upper 70 mph range.
And anything else you feel might be worth mentioning as you check the car out.

I will compensate anyone willing to help me out for their time and would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to lend a hand.

Matthew
Old 08-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Escalarado
Instructor

Well turns out the listing was a scam so guys be mindful and thank you Joe for volunteering! I follow you guys on IG and love seeing some of your builds!

Link to the scam listing...
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...33/overview/#0
Old 08-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Escalarado
Instructor

I cannot for the life of figure out exactly what the scam is... No funds were ever requested to be sent or anything strange like that. I found the car on cars.com (here http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...33/overview/#0).

From there I emailed the seller through cars.com and received this:

"Matthew
Well, the Corvette is still for sale but I have already handed it into consignment to a dealership in Corpus Christi, TX. The Chevy is technically still mine, the dealership only has power of attorney over it so either I find a buyer or they do but in both cases they will handle the sale. No dealership tax/fees will be applied for this sale. If you want you may contact the dealership. Although they may have advertised it at a different price, if you tell them you were referred by the original seller the price will be the same as advertised by me and they will honor it."

I responded back asking for the dealers name and got this:

"The dealership’s name is Salinas Motors and their website is www.salinas-motors.com"

I proceeded to call the dealer and got an answer and he even encouraged me to come down and take a look at the car. I ended up having a friend of a friend in the area go to the address and the place does not even exist.

This is the listing from another car dealer where they stole the pictures from... and take notice that they even blacked out the dealer vanity plate on the back of the car...

http://www.motorcarsofjackson.com/we...ippi/21619482/

Really crazy ordeal and I knew from the beginning that something did not smell right about the listing from the wording used in the description, to the fact that is took the "seller" 3 days to respond to the original inquiry, and that the car was priced about $5k-$7k below market value. STAY AWAY FROM THIS LISTING.

Also, this is the VIN for the "supposed car sale" and I found conflicting reports about what the color of the car is supposed to be. It is supposed to be cyber gray... 1G1YN2DT9B5800122

Get notified of new replies

To Member near Mesa, AZ with ZR1 experience

Quick Reply: Member near Mesa, AZ with ZR1 experience