Vettes and Jets on the Lex 2016 **INFO** - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Southwest
Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vettes and Jets on the Lex 2016 **INFO**

Old 04-03-2016, 07:52 PM   #41
Rky Mtn C6
CF Senior Member

I just got a call telling me I'm #104.

Last edited by Rky Mtn C6; 04-03-2016 at 08:00 PM.
Rky Mtn C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:40 PM   #42
RC4G
CF Senior Member

We are #82 and #83.
RC4G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:57 PM   #43
jrose7004
CF Senior Member

I got a call that I am #77! I haven't been able to attend before so I am excited!
jrose7004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:27 PM   #44
Rky Mtn C6
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose7004 View Post
I got a call that I am #77! I haven't been able to attend before so I am excited!

My first time as well. I'll be bringing about a dozen others with me. All first time attendees.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:01 PM   #45
jcthorne
CF Senior Member

Surprised to see so many confirmations already. Did you folks have the registration overnighted for Sat delivery? I mailed mine Friday as soon as the form was available but it would not realistically get there until today at the earliest.

I suppose there is not much chance of the event filling up in the first few days. But this is pretty amazing level of interest.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:39 PM   #46
RC4G
CF Senior Member

Yes, I sent overnight with Saturday delivery.

and yes, it was probably unnecessary to go that route as it was probably very unlikely that the event was going to sell out in the time it would have taken snail mail to arrive but I haven't had the best luck in the past with USPS delivery reliability so I went with a guaranteed alternative instead.

I think there may be more interest this time around since it will be the last event and by the rate that block hotel rooms for the event have disappeared from the three hotels listed on the site I'm confident that the 400 attendee limit is going to happen quick enough.

Last edited by RC4G; 04-04-2016 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:32 PM   #47
jrose7004
CF Senior Member

I sent mine overnight as well with Saturday delivery by noon.
jrose7004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:14 PM   #48
jcthorne
CF Senior Member

With the number of registrations being validated around the web, its obvious this is filling up quickly.

Its also obvious they are being validated based on the order received NOT the order of the postmark date and time. How could they be? I happen to know the postmark on mine is Friday afternoon and have not received a validation. This is going to be a mess if folks that send these in from locations distant from the organizer are turned away when they sent them in ahead of others already validated.

Perhaps there is more than enough room for all that send them in and nothing to be concerned over.

I will say if the instructions had said they would be registered in the order received, I too would have FedEx-ed mine. But a fed ex envelope by definition does not get a valid post mark. And even in if one uses the time stamp when received by FedEx, overnight shipping should offer no advantage. So much for following directions.
Old 04-04-2016, 04:30 PM   #49
maverick111
CF Senior Member

The number that people receive means nothing other than for us to keep track of where we are in the amount of registrations. We are truly doing the best we can to take care of the event and the registrants the best way possible. As long as anyone who registered is 1 of 400, that is all that matters. No matter weather you are 1 or 400. We have always taken registrations via the mail system and we are trying to process them all as quickly and accurately as possible. We are sorry but there may be a few people that do not make the list but we can not say as of right now who or how many. We are currently at 199 registrations so there is still 201 to go.
Thank you for your understanding.
Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
With the number of registrations being validated around the web, its obvious this is filling up quickly.

Its also obvious they are being validated based on the order received NOT the order of the postmark date and time. How could they be? I happen to know the postmark on mine is Friday afternoon and have not received a validation. This is going to be a mess if folks that send these in from locations distant from the organizer are turned away when they sent them in ahead of others already validated.

Perhaps there is more than enough room for all that send them in and nothing to be concerned over.

I will say if the instructions had said they would be registered in the order received, I too would have FedEx-ed mine. But a fed ex envelope by definition does not get a valid post mark. And even in if one uses the time stamp when received by FedEx, overnight shipping should offer no advantage. So much for following directions.
maverick111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:35 PM   #50
Stickboy97
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Registration sent, should deliver priority tomorrow morning!
Stickboy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #51
jcthorne
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick111 View Post
The number that people receive means nothing other than for us to keep track of where we are in the amount of registrations. We are truly doing the best we can to take care of the event and the registrants the best way possible. As long as anyone who registered is 1 of 400, that is all that matters. No matter weather you are 1 or 400. We have always taken registrations via the mail system and we are trying to process them all as quickly and accurately as possible. We are sorry but there may be a few people that do not make the list but we can not say as of right now who or how many. We are currently at 199 registrations so there is still 201 to go.
Maverick
Sorry, my message sounded far worse than I intended. Of course you are doing what you can. Did not mean to imply otherwise. Just looking forward to attending this and would truly hate to get left out for actually being dumb enough to follow the directions. Just figured you guys had your reasons for wanting it done a certain way. Hopefully you will get my registration today or tomorrow. Don't really care what number I am, as long as its not 401+......
Old 04-04-2016, 05:16 PM   #52
nwalker
CF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick111 View Post
Maverick
Have the first 199 all been called?
Is there a way to put it on the web site LIVE, so one can check? I remember the list was on the web site in 2013.
I, too, followed the instructions, and am thinking it may not get there in time.
nwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 05:28 PM   #53
nwalker
CF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Hopefully you will get my registration today or tomorrow. Don't really care what number I am, as long as its not 401+......
Agree, and agree!!!
Old 04-04-2016, 05:33 PM   #54
RC4G
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickboy97 View Post
Registration sent, should deliver priority tomorrow morning!
Woo-hoo, we won't be the youngest couple there after all !!!
Old 04-04-2016, 06:12 PM   #55
Rky Mtn C6
CF Senior Member

Am I missing something here?

These were the instructions:

"All registrations must be printed out, completed and signed, then mailed in (via USPS, UPS or Fed Ex) along with check or money order payable to Vettes and Jets. All mail is checked daily and is entered in accordance with the time/date stamp on the letter/package. We must have this original copy due to the uniqueness of the event."

Please understand that this was well documented as the "Last" time it will be held. Therefore, a reasonable person would surmise demand would be high. With a limit of only 400 being able to be on the flight deck, a prudent person would send it in by the fastest means possible.

It is unrealistic to think selection would be based upon the date and time "mailed." Selection can only be reasonably accomplished by basing it on date and time received (first come, first served). I'm sure the "date/time stamp" referred to in the instructions, is the date/time stamp placed on the packages when they arrive at the destination. It is unrealistic to think they would hold somebody's registration in order to see if any later arriving registrations were mailed earlier. Those willing to pay extra to have their registrations expedited by whichever service they chose, appear to be the serious ones. Everybody had the opportunity to use expedited service, which was the route I chose. I paid $51.15 to have mine arrive on Saturday by noon. Money well spent in my opinion.

If somebody doesn't make the 400, they can still attend, and be part of the event. That was my plan if I didn't make it. As we draw closer I am sure registered people who cannot attend, will offer their spots up. It always happens.

Just my two cents.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:35 PM   #56
nwalker
CF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rky Mtn C6 View Post
Am I missing something here?
Everybody had the opportunity to use expedited service, which was the route I chose. I paid $51.15 to have mine arrive on Saturday by noon.

Just my two cents.
Actually, NO, they didn't! I live in a semi-rural area where there are NO FedEx nor UPS locations, MUCH LESS one that stayed open for 24 hours! So, no, not EVERYBODY had such an opportunity!

Just MY two cents...
Old 04-04-2016, 07:07 PM   #57
Rky Mtn C6
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwalker View Post
NO, they didn't! I live in a semi-rural area where there are NO FedEx nor UPS locations, MUCH LESS one that stayed open for 24 hours! So, no, not EVERYBODY had such an opportunity!

Just MY two cents...

I don't want to stir anything up, but USPS (which you omitted), also has overnight delivery. You may or may not be aware of this; but a person could fill out the registration, schedule a pick up either online or by phone, and the UPS/FedEx truck would come to them. It just takes a little planning.

It would be unreasonable to think the organizers of this event, would be able make arrangements, which would be able to accommodate everybody's personal situation. You live in a semi-rural area by choice I figure. I live in a small city where a FedEx shipping center is one block away, but doesn't open till 9:00 am.

I did some research, and I have yet to find a FedEx/UPS location which is open 24 hours.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:52 PM   #58
nwalker
CF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rky Mtn C6 View Post
I don't want to stir anything up, but USPS (which you omitted), also has overnight delivery. You may or may not be aware of this; but a person could fill out the registration, schedule a pick up either online or by phone, and the UPS/FedEx truck would come to them. It just takes a little planning.

It would be unreasonable to think the organizers of this event, would be able make arrangements, which would be able to accommodate everybody's personal situation. You live in a semi-rural area by choice I figure. I live in a small city where a FedEx shipping center is one block away, but doesn't open till 9:00 am.

I did some research, and I have yet to find a FedEx/UPS location which is open 24 hours.
Nor do I. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... but not facts. The facts are, the instructions CLEARLY stated,"All registrations must be printed out, completed and signed, then mailed in (via USPS, UPS or Fed Ex) along with check or money order payable to Vettes and Jets. All mail is checked daily and is entered in accordance with the time/date stamp on the letter/package." This implies the time/date stamp would be ON the letter/package when it arrived! Even the I.R.S. uses the time/date stamp SENT. Also, as far as using next day from USPS, if the instructions as printed, were followed, it would have served no purpose, because it already had a time date stamp from the USPS of 8:45 am, Friday morning. Also, as for 24-hour FedEx locations, there are at least TWO in the D/FW metroplex (sorry you couldn't find them). My friend sent his via FedEx at 1:30 am Friday morning. He got a call his number is in the mid-80's.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:58 PM   #59
jagamajajaran
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
C7 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
C7 of the Month Winner 2015
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16

Thanked 1,463 Times in 519 Posts

Received my call this evening. #242
jagamajajaran is online now   Reply With Quote