Highway 50 From Holden, UT to Reno, NV

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 11:26 PM
SPEEDEMON
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Highway 50 From Holden, UT to Reno, NV

Greeting Everyone

I'm looking to take a road trip with the family of course not in the ZR1. We're going to rent a car leaving the Sacramento towards Vegas. I’m looking for some suggestions and thoughts.

One place my wife was talking about was to go through Death Valley Nation Park on the way to Vegas. I have driven to Vegas and back several times but not through Death Valley. How is the scenery in Death Valley? Is there a lot to see through there? How much time would I need to check things out?

From Vegas we're headed over to Flagstaff then off to Grand Canyon, Canyonlands National Park and Arches National Park and coming through I-70 on the way back.

One reason for this posting is when I get to Holden, UT I'm thinking about taking Highway 50 back to Reno, NV. Guys tell me what this drive is like or should I run up to I-80 and take that back into California? Is Highway 50 as bad as everyone say it is as the loneliest highway in America? What about the snow in March or is there going to be snow along that route. If you have taken this route let me know what your thoughts are comped to the longer route going back up to I-80 westbound.

Thanks
Art

Quick Reply: Highway 50 From Holden, UT to Reno, NV