Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Southwest Oklahoma Recommended Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 02:58 PM
Sengdemund
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Southwest Oklahoma Recommended Dealer

Just moved to Altus, bought an 07Z and looking for some recommended dealers for service. Got spoiled with my old car as I had Abel Chevrolet 15 minutes up the road from me in NorCal.

Have a GMEPP warranty so would prefer to stay with dealer service due to the LS7 head issues and want to make sure I keep all my maintenance straight in case she decides she wants to drop a valve...

Thanks
Old 02-06-2016, 04:35 PM
FRISKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran

The only dealer service department I trust is David Stanley (used to be Marc Heitz) in Norman. Steven is the only service tech that I trust to work on any of my Corvettes. While under warranty, Steven has replaced the heads twice on my Z06 for the infamous valve guide wear issues. They seem to have solved the problem by replacing the heads with the newest style.

I would NOT recommend the Knippelmier Chevrolet service department in Blanchard. I have bought over a dozen cars from their excellent sales dept and will buy more from them in the future, but will never use their service department again. Bob the service manager seems to have a bad attitude and every vehicle of mine that they have worked on has had problems afterwards...even a simple oil change.
Old 02-13-2016, 02:14 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,251 Likes on 916 Posts

I understand the Chevrolet dealer in Lawton is the sponsor of the Southwest Oklahoma Corvette Club. I have no personal knowledge of their service department but it would be a lot closer that driving to OKC or Norman. You may want to check them out. Maybe some of the SWOCC members can chime in here.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:58 PM
Sengdemund
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks guys and I just happened to run by Classic Chevrolet in Lawton and it looks like they are sponsoring a get together in March. I'll probably go to that and get the vibe of the place, didn't dig too deep yesterday.

Last edited by Sengdemund; 02-14-2016 at 04:51 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Southwest Oklahoma Recommended Dealer

Quick Reply: Southwest Oklahoma Recommended Dealer