Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Houston Lift Bay Rental

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 01:33 AM
WhoIsPat
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Houston Lift Bay Rental

I've been thinking about doing an axle-back on the C6 and came across this business that would be very helpful for such a job.

http://diyautogarage.com/index.php/lift-bay-rental

Anyone use this place or know of any others like it? Apparently they are moving, I sent them an email to see when and where they expect to open up again. I'm in West Houston, pretty close to where their old shop was.

I did a search and the only similar threads I could come up with were from a place that closed a few years ago in Dallas.
The following users liked this post:
Gering (05-22-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 09:45 AM
Marconi7
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WhoIsPat
I've been thinking about doing an axle-back on the C6 and came across this business that would be very helpful for such a job.

http://diyautogarage.com/index.php/lift-bay-rental

Anyone use this place or know of any others like it? Apparently they are moving, I sent them an email to see when and where they expect to open up again. I'm in West Houston, pretty close to where their old shop was.

I did a search and the only similar threads I could come up with were from a place that closed a few years ago in Dallas.
I have not used their services, but was looking at them for the exact same axle-back exhaust replacement. It's just too scary having the car that high up on jack stands.
Let us know what their new location is and how it worked out for you.

~Marc
Old 05-23-2016, 05:26 PM
WhoIsPat
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Marconi7
Let us know what their new location is and how it worked out for you.
Haven't heard back from them yet. Someone posted to their Facebook page asking if they were back in business two weeks ago and got no reply, I'm thinking they intended to move but ran out of capital. As much as I love the concept of their business I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't viable in the city where commercial leases are going to be very expensive. At $25 an hour, most people would sooner pay a shop that charges $100 an hour but can do the job in less than half the time, so their customer base would be limited to a pretty small group of knowledgeable DIYers who do most of their work at home but need a lift on occasion.

That said, any Houston Corvette owners have a trustworthy exhaust shop they can recommend? (Or alternatively, a lift I can use? )
Old 05-24-2016, 10:18 AM
JBRUSS
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by WhoIsPat
Haven't heard back from them yet. Someone posted to their Facebook page asking if they were back in business two weeks ago and got no reply, I'm thinking they intended to move but ran out of capital. As much as I love the concept of their business I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't viable in the city where commercial leases are going to be very expensive. At $25 an hour, most people would sooner pay a shop that charges $100 an hour but can do the job in less than half the time, so their customer base would be limited to a pretty small group of knowledgeable DIYers who do most of their work at home but need a lift on occasion.

That said, any Houston Corvette owners have a trustworthy exhaust shop they can recommend? (Or alternatively, a lift I can use? )
There is a place on 1960/Kuykendahl called Ripley they are probably the best and offer mandrel bend custom exhaust, give them a call. <br >

Last edited by JBRUSS; 05-24-2016 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:45 AM
Dubstep Shep
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't have a lift, but I have some jackstands that will go up two feet. It was MORE than enough to do the axleback on my car.

Get notified of new replies

To Houston Lift Bay Rental

Quick Reply: Houston Lift Bay Rental