Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Enthusiasts in AZ

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 10:43 AM
dylans
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Enthusiasts in AZ

I'm preparing to buy my first corvette within the next 6 months. I've settled on an 02 or 03 z06. Curious to hear from any owners and enthusiast in AZ, Tucson specifically. Any clubs that take prospective buyers as members? I'd just really like to be able to immerse myself, gather good info and meet some good people.

Looking forward to hear from some locals!

Dylan
Old 06-07-2016, 10:47 AM
Vet65te
Le Mans Master

Received 1,033 Likes on 672 Posts

Dylan - There is a 'group', that doesn't consider themselves a club, that is quite active in the Valley that you might want to check out. They've been to the annual Corvette Show in Prescott every year.
It's called ACES...http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiast...ex.php?act=idx
Mike T - Prescott AZ

Last edited by Vet65te; 06-07-2016 at 10:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
dylans (06-09-2016)
Old 06-07-2016, 10:51 AM
dylans
Instructor

Thanks for the reply, I'll check it out!
Old 06-07-2016, 11:07 AM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

"ACEholes" are primarily in the greater Phoenix area, but have several members scattered all over AZ (such as myself 200 miles outside Phoenix).

That being said, don't focus on the clubs or group as much as your desire to fulfill a dream. Get the Vette you've always dreamed of and build your own brotherhood from meeting other Corvette or car enthusiasts on the road, at the car shows, etc.

ACE also has a good forum website to join. It's free. Look up:
Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts.

ACE also has a great BBQ once a year in Gila Bend that gets bigger and bigger every year. The last time I attended, there may have been 100+ Corvettes and approximately 150 people. A great time.

Congrats and enjoy!!

ps....When you do finally get your Z, let me know. I'll drive up from Sierra Vista and we can go cruise up Mount Lemmon for your first bonding ride or, head out to Scottsdale Pavillions for their monthly unofficial Car Show on a "Corvette Saturday".

Last edited by WICKEDFRC; 06-07-2016 at 11:08 AM.
The following users liked this post:
dylans (06-09-2016)
Old 06-07-2016, 11:19 AM
dylans
Instructor

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
"ACEholes" are primarily in the greater Phoenix area, but have several members scattered all over AZ (such as myself 200 miles outside Phoenix).

That being said, don't focus on the clubs or group as much as your desire to fulfill a dream. Get the Vette you've always dreamed of and build your own brotherhood from meeting other Corvette or car enthusiasts on the road, at the car shows, etc.

ACE also has a good forum website to join. It's free. Look up:
Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts.

ACE also has a great BBQ once a year in Gila Bend that gets bigger and bigger every year. The last time I attended, there may have been 100+ Corvettes and approximately 150 people. A great time.

Congrats and enjoy!!

ps....When you do finally get your Z, let me know. I'll drive up from Sierra Vista and we can go cruise up Mount Lemmon for your first bonding ride or, head out to Scottsdale Pavillions for their monthly unofficial Car Show on a "Corvette Saturday".
Awesome! Thanks for the info, and for the future cruise. I'll definitely let you know, somewhere between September and February!
Old 06-16-2016, 05:59 PM
BWFitz
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by dylans
I'm preparing to buy my first corvette within the next 6 months. I've settled on an 02 or 03 z06. Curious to hear from any owners and enthusiast in AZ, Tucson specifically. Any clubs that take prospective buyers as members? I'd just really like to be able to immerse myself, gather good info and meet some good people.

Dylan

Dylan:

The Tucson Corvette Club will take you! Details on our webpage:
http://www.tucsoncorvetteclub.com/

Fitz
Old 06-16-2016, 08:41 PM
dylans
Instructor

Originally Posted by BWFitz
Dylan:

The Tucson Corvette Club will take you! Details on our webpage:
http://www.tucsoncorvetteclub.com/

Fitz
Thanks for the link! I read the site and it sounds like you guys are well organized and well established. I read the by-laws on membership and I see I'd qualify as an associate member now, pending a sponsor picked me up. Could I still attend a meeting just to chat and meet some owners? Gather info and see whats it all about.

Not too long until I buy, September or October!
Old 07-07-2016, 12:35 AM
cherrypoppins
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New C4 owner in Phoenix

Dylan
Hey buddy good luck on your C5 I traded in my 98 convertible a year ago but bought a 1984 red vette that is a cream puff 2 days ago. I'm with Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts but only logged into their website. I have never been to any of their gatherings.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:43 AM
BWFitz
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 103 Posts

Thanks for the link! I read the site and it sounds like you guys are well organized and well established. I read the by-laws on membership and I see I'd qualify as an associate member now, pending a sponsor picked me up. Could I still attend a meeting just to chat and meet some owners? Gather info and see whats it all about.

Not too long until I buy, September or October!

We meet at O'reilly Chevrolet on the second tuesday of every month . just stop by!
Old 07-12-2016, 10:09 AM
dylans
Instructor

Originally Posted by BWFitz
We meet at O'reilly Chevrolet on the second tuesday of every month . just stop by!
I will do. Thanks! I'm a proud owner now, so I should fit in a little better!

Get notified of new replies

To Enthusiasts in AZ

Quick Reply: Enthusiasts in AZ