Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Houston Coffee and Cars

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 06:42 PM
ZMan64
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by my02cents
I think you are missing the point. Take responsibility for yourself and don't put yourself or your children in harms way. It may be the drivers fault and you may be right... but dead right.

Not missing any point, and not accepting the shifting of responsibility from the one that barely missed injuring or even killing innocent spectators because his cars abilities greatly exceeded his driving abilities.

Attending C&C should never be a risk for spectators, period.

Last edited by ZMan64; 10-05-2016 at 06:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
woodsguy (10-09-2016)
Old 10-05-2016, 07:28 PM
bac22
Le Mans Master

Received 186 Likes on 163 Posts

Bummer for those that had that "jack ****" moment, worst when it's caught on video and plastered all over the internet...respect the horse power sitting under the foot!
Old 10-06-2016, 03:57 PM
my02cents
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZMan64
Not missing any point, and not accepting the shifting of responsibility from the one that barely missed injuring or even killing innocent spectators because his cars abilities greatly exceeded his driving abilities.

Attending C&C should never be a risk for spectators, period.
Life is a risk and you should aim to minimize all those risks by taking responsibility for everything that happens to you. That's just good advice.

I'm also not saying it's extremely dangerous to be at C&C, that is a normal risk you have to weigh against having a fun life vs a boring life. Standing where cars are peeling out of the lot and standing in the area where 90% of the fishtailing ends up because people are show boating is dangerous and is a risk.

If you don't understand that, be a statistic and know that with a little know how, you could of not been a statistic. That's your responsibility.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:21 PM
ZMan64
Burning Brakes

Life is a risk and you should aim to minimize all those risks by taking responsibility for everything that happens to you. That's just good advice.
I'm also not saying it's extremely dangerous to be at C&C, that is a normal risk you have to weigh against having a fun life vs a boring life. Standing where cars are peeling out of the lot and standing in the area where 90% of the fishtailing ends up because people are show boating is dangerous and is a risk.
If you don't understand that, be a statistic and know that with a little know how, you could of not been a statistic. That's your responsibility.
I'm all for personal responsibilty, and having fun too.

You may have missed the point when I said "Attending C&C should never be a risk for spectators, period."

I've been to many car shows/gatherings over the years and there are always rules of expected conduct that include no show boating. C&C's are supposed to be family friendly, safe events.

I don't put my kid in the car when I'm on the track or hooning on some isolated roadway, but I should be able to take him to a car show.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:21 PM
my02cents
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You absolutely should be able to take them, and you shouldn't stand on the side of the road with them where people are fishtailing and showboating out of the C&C.

I guess we will just disagree.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:16 PM
ZMan64
Burning Brakes

I guess we will just disagree.
Agree to disagree and hope the C&C at that location isn't shut down.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:26 PM
speedmaster64
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts
Default The driver of that mustang is a chiche

I live in LA, close to Beverly Hills. There are so many exotic cars here. All too often I see young guys racing from red light to red lighter on Wilshire Blvd who clearly have very little respect for the power and the inherent danger of their machines.

Then, there are the middle aged guys in the same cars, who tend to drive them much more carefully.

When I get my C5 two years ago, it had been 20 years since I owned a sports car. In my youth it was all I drove, but I knew enough two years ago to know that it would take time for me to get to know the limits of my Corvette. So I took it relatively slow for a while, as I learned how far I was comfortable pushing it. The guy in the mustang is probably in my age range. In his 50's. He screwed up, he was obviously embarrassed, and go out of his car not knowing how to comport himself.

If if he had watched YouTube videos of people doing just what he did, he might have averted this situation. Live and learn.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:16 PM
NOWUCME
Melting Slicks

Received 459 Likes on 324 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Dumbest commentary on keeping yourself and your family safe I have ever heard to date. I don't think you get the point, so why don't you just park it and keep everyone safe at home. I guess they should have safe zones in the street for you next time you go out so you will know where 90% of the danger is.

Last edited by NOWUCME; 10-12-2016 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:05 PM
Mike1C7
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CyberBullet
This is exactly why it was canceled at The Vintage and will undoubtedly be canceled at Memorial City as well. Too many tools with not enough brains. Too bad really. It is a fantastic gather. Glad no one was hurt and I hope this guy gets to pay for the damage himself.
I quit taking my classic 1971 Boss 351 Mustang to the C & C at the Vintage when it got so wild. The drivers are bad but those spectators do everything they can to bait drivers leaving to burn out.

I now go the the C & C in the Woodlands on the first Sunday of the month. Much more relaxed with 99% of the drivers acting just fine. There are no spectators on the side of the road so the problem doesn't really exist. Only drawback is you have to get there very early and parking is limited on Market Square.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:08 AM
woodsguy
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Not near as many cars, but you're right way more relaxed. I enjoy the group at the Woodlands.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:44 AM
JBRUSS
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by woodsguy
Not near as many cars, but you're right way more relaxed. I enjoy the group at the Woodlands.
I agree and started going there as well

Quick Reply: Houston Coffee and Cars