Shops to install headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 08:40 PM
Skyhawk23
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Shops to install headers

Hello All,

Just wonder if there is any shop in Houston area that will install a set of headers and an x-pipe on a C5 without charging an arm and a left leg ..

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:01 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Skyhawk23
Hello All,

Just wonder if there is any shop in Houston area that will install a set of headers and an x-pipe on a C5 without charging an arm and a left leg ..

Thanks.
Call LMR.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:23 PM
Skyhawk23
Instructor

Originally Posted by C7BB
Call LMR.
Thanks C7BB.

I did a search on the LMR lots of bad review on the shop. So I have to look around for some more shop to do business with.

Thanks again.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:01 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Thanks C7BB.

I did a search on the LMR lots of bad review on the shop. So I have to look around for some more shop to do business with.

Thanks again.
Bad reviews?!?!? Man, they're one of the BEST shops in the country. They built my C7 and it was totally reliable and one of the most well exicuted jobs I've ever seen anyone do. I'd trust them again 100% with ANYTHING I owned. Best of luck finding a shop to do a simple task like headers.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:09 PM
Skyhawk23
Instructor

Bad reviews?!?!? Man, they're one of the BEST shops in the country. They built my C7 and it was totally reliable and one of the most well exicuted jobs I've ever seen anyone do. I'd trust them again 100% with ANYTHING I owned. Best of luck finding a shop to do a simple task like headers.
C7BB,

Sorry,

I know it is a simple task like installing headers but still I like to see and read what other Vetter think about them.

Sometimes it is not how to do the task it is how they take care of the task that counts.

Thanks again for your suggestions, and comments. I will keep that in mind and check other s out.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:38 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

C7BB,

Sorry,

I know it is a simple task like installing headers but still I like to see and read what other Vetter think about them.

Sometimes it is not how to do the task it is how they take care of the task that counts.

Thanks again for your suggestions, and comments. I
will keep that in mind and check other s out.
I respect your position. Just because they did a great job for me doesn't mean they would for you. There's a local shop to me that I wouldn't let work on a tricycle, and some people rave about their shop. Best of luck to you. Take care.

Lawrence
Old 10-19-2016, 01:27 PM
RC4G
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 142 Posts

Give Taylor at HP Unlimited a call:
https://www.facebook.com/HPUNLIMITED/

He did the Z06 headers and BB Fusion install on my Grandsport.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:38 PM
RC4G
Melting Slicks

Received 187 Likes on 142 Posts

After seeing LMR on a "Street Outlaws" episode in a previous season I wouldn't take my car to them. Too many other top flight LS shops In Houston available to choose from (England Green, Serious HP, Knight Performance etc).

While I have no personal experience with LMR building motors/cars but if you can't present yourself and your business professionally then I'm not interested.

Last edited by RC4G; 10-19-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:06 PM
Skyhawk23
Instructor

Originally Posted by RC4G
After seeing LMR on a "Street Outlaws" episode in a previous season I wouldn't take my car to them. Too many other top flight LS shops In Houston available to choose from (England Green, Serious HP, Knight Performance etc).

While I have no personal experience with LMR building motors/cars but if you can't present yourself and your business professionally then I'm not interested.
RC4G,

Thanks for your recommendation, and I will checkout the ppl you suggested.

Thanks again
Old 10-20-2016, 10:25 AM
zdeckich
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 231 Posts
2017 Corvette of Year Finalist
2016 C5 of the Year

Never heard anything bad about LMR. If your local why don't you go down there and actually talk to them face to face. They are a very reputable shop. I have known several people personally who have taking their car to LMR with great success.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:42 PM
Ricky77077
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

England Green did my Kooks header install. 1st class all the way.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:50 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

OP: Check out this shop - https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...all-texas.html

Victor has been working on my car since I bought it with 2 miles on it in 2007, now it has well over 200K and is still running strong. Check out his shop's review as well.

Good luck with your mods!
Old 10-23-2016, 08:08 PM
Skyhawk23
Instructor

Thanks to all the comments and suggestions. I went ahead and got off my lazy behind and did it myself. It is not a easy task but it is done. The sound is a killer even with the stock C5 muffler. It is not too loud and just a muscle growl.

Another lesson I have learn from this is never buy off brand headers from Flea Bay seller. Not only the figment was an issue, I have to do some fancy re engineering to get it install. But the X-pipe and exhaust out of the high flow car is too short. Again have to do some re-engineering to get it to come together. But at the end it is all done.

Thanks again to all the suggestion, may still need to visit the shops that was suggested for other issue in the future. You guys rocks.

Now I have to drive it a bit and wait for my custom tune then I am all set.

Last edited by Skyhawk23; 10-23-2016 at 08:09 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Shops to install headers

Quick Reply: Shops to install headers