disappointed with Moritz in Fort Worth

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 12:55 PM
Marcho Polo
Le Mans Master

Received 1,620 Likes on 739 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (stock)
2019 C7 of Year Winner (stock)
Former Moderator
Cruise-In I-II-III Veteran

Default disappointed with Moritz in Fort Worth

Took my Z51 for first oil change today. They overfilled it by about half a quart. Not a whole lot, but when I called them about it, they said "it's like a factory back there, they just run the cars through and put whatever it calls for and get the cars out fast"

I explained that it calls for 9.5 quarts but the service ticket said 10 quarts. He said they probably put 10 quarts in and they don't have time to check the level after. He said they "do all the Corvettes that way and never had a problem"

This is supposed to be a dealer that is good with Corvette's. Do any dealers in our area actually pay attention to how to change the oil in a dry sump?
Old 10-25-2016, 04:20 PM
Tom/99
Team Owner

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts

That's why I change my own oil. I know how much of what oil, and that the filter is being filled and changed.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:06 PM
Marcho Polo
Le Mans Master

Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Tom/99
That's why I change my own oil. I know how much of what oil, and that the filter is being filled and changed.
Well I've still got 4 more free oil changes from chevy so I'll need to find another dealer to do them then I'll be doing my own after that.

Maybe I'll give Classic a try next.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:50 PM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Marcho Polo
Well I've still got 4 more free oil changes from chevy so I'll need to find another dealer to do them then I'll be doing my own after that.

Craig I recommend Bruce Lowrie, the Service Department Manager there is Dennis Williams and he was the Service Department Manager at Moritz for over 20 years and is the reason they got all those Corvette service awards. If you decide to go to Lowrie call Dennis first and stop in and talk to him, he is a great guy who really cares about our Corvettes. The service advisor he commends for Corvette matters is Carlos Celestino and the technician Dennis assigned for my oil changes is Michael Pack. He followed my instructions to only put in 9.3 quarts and save the remainder for me. He brought the leftover .7 quart and even put the bottle in a plastic bag for me. I will definitely be using Bruce Lowrie Chevrolet from now on. I am taking my 2015 there in the next week or so for the airbag software recall I just got. Good luck!
Old 10-27-2016, 06:37 PM
Marcho Polo
Le Mans Master

Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Blue Demon
Craig I recommend Bruce Lowrie, the Service Department Manager there is Dennis Williams and he was the Service Department Manager at Moritz for over 20 years and is the reason they got all those Corvette service awards. If you decide to go to Lowrie call Dennis first and stop in and talk to him, he is a great guy who really cares about our Corvettes. The service advisor he commends for Corvette matters is Carlos Celestino and the technician Dennis assigned for my oil changes is Michael Pack. He followed my instructions to only put in 9.3 quarts and save the remainder for me. He brought the leftover .7 quart and even put the bottle in a plastic bag for me. I will definitely be using Bruce Lowrie Chevrolet from now on. I am taking my 2015 there in the next week or so for the airbag software recall I just got. Good luck!

That explains why the Service Manager at Moritz is new.

Connie said he would not allow them to only put 9 quarts and give me the rest to top off. I was really put off by the way things went this visit. Connie is a good guy and had been taking care of several cars for us for many years.

I'll head to Bruce Lowrie, it's not much further from us.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:51 PM
Whoop
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Demon
How long has Dennis been at BL? I took my dry sump GS there last May/June. First time I have used a dealer. They didn't do a good job. I had a case of Red Line (very expensive) in the car. When they return the car to me I only a single quart sitting in the passenger seat. I didn't offer any instructions ahead of time because I assumed a Chevy dealer would know what they are doing. I talked to the Service Manager on duty (don't remember the name) and he told me "you will be fine, just drive it a couple of days and if it a problem bring it back".

I drove home easily and "fixed" it myself. The fixed turned into a nightmare in I tried to cut corners and siphon the extra oil out of the dry sump tank. The tube fell into the tank so I ended up having to partially remove the fender and drop the tank. I had to remove all the oil and replace. This was a costly $200 and time wasting event. I will never allow anyone to change the oil in any of my cars including the Vette.

Hopefully BL and Dennis has changed things, but I will pass.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:49 AM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Whoop
How long has Dennis been at BL? I took my dry sump GS there last May/June. First time I have used a dealer. They didn't do a good job. I had a case of Red Line (very expensive) in the car. When they return the car to me I only a single quart sitting in the passenger seat. I didn't offer any instructions ahead of time because I assumed a Chevy dealer would know what they are doing. I talked to the Service Manager on duty (don't remember the name) and he told me "you will be fine, just drive it a couple of days and if it a problem bring it back".

I drove home easily and "fixed" it myself. The fixed turned into a nightmare in I tried to cut corners and siphon the extra oil out of the dry sump tank. The tube fell into the tank so I ended up having to partially remove the fender and drop the tank. I had to remove all the oil and replace. This was a costly $200 and time wasting event. I will never allow anyone to change the oil in any of my cars including the Vette.

Hopefully BL and Dennis has changed things, but I will pass.

I think it was about a year ago that Dennis left Moritz for BL. Your experience is why I always recommend stopping by Dennis' office and introduce yourself. And I always give instructions, in a kind manner, to the Service Advisor so everyone knows exactly what I want done, or don't want like washing the car.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:05 PM
AWOL
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=Whoop;1593353234)

Hopefully BL and Dennis has changed things, but I will pass.[/QUOTE]

Looks like you were the incompetent one!!
Old 10-30-2016, 07:31 PM
Whoop
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 85 Posts

If the dumb a** would have done a proper oil change that I paid labor for then none of this would have happened. Corvette & Chevy want to be world class but they have a bunch of idiots working in these mass production dealerships. I'm not saying it never happens elsewhere but there are too many stories on the site about not doing a proper oil changes. I doubt it happens that often over at BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, etc

Incompetent NO, bad luck yes.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:27 PM
jshot00
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcho Polo

Try Bruce Lowery! Talk to Don Wells in the office, He is president of the Cowtown Vettes. I think they will take good care of you

Get notified of new replies

To disappointed with Moritz in Fort Worth

Quick Reply: disappointed with Moritz in Fort Worth