Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

setting code on screen

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 06:39 AM
syswayne
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Default setting code on screen

Purchased a 2016 C7 stingray last week and can not find out how to set screen that goes up and down. Salesman showed me how and called him but still can not figure it out. I don't think I have the valet mode, but he did set a code in it. I have read the manual and it says go to home screen and punch setting, my home screen does not show any setting on it. It said punch in code on keypad. Only keypad I can find in for the cell phone. Does the engine have to be started to do this function? Where do I go to lock the screen with the number he gave me? Running me nuts worked for ever on this. I know it is simple but starting where do I go first. I did not know I could not figure out how to do something like this that should be so simple.
Please help syswayne Lubbock TX
Old 11-06-2016, 09:07 AM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by syswayne
Purchased a 2016 C7 stingray last week and can not find out how to set screen that goes up and down. Salesman showed me how and called him but still can not figure it out. I don't think I have the valet mode, but he did set a code in it. I have read the manual and it says go to home screen and punch setting, my home screen does not show any setting on it. It said punch in code on keypad. Only keypad I can find in for the cell phone. Does the engine have to be started to do this function? Where do I go to lock the screen with the number he gave me? Running me nuts worked for ever on this. I know it is simple but starting where do I go first. I did not know I could not figure out how to do something like this that should be so simple.
This is a bit confusing but I will give it a shot. If you are referring to the center screen it can manually be operated with the switch to the left of it. If you have a PDR/Nav then you have Valet mode, which is accessed by hitting Home and then Settings (Object with gears) the 4th option down is Valet mode, once in there that is where you enter the activation code on the Key Pad, once set up and activated it will prevent someone from moving the screen, accessing the glove box and disables many functions on the steering wheel. IF YOU DON’T have a PDR you don’t have Valet mode. Hope this helps

Last edited by BRCC; 11-06-2016 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:14 AM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

This is a bit confusing but I will give it a shot. If you are referring to the center screen it can manually be operated with the switch to the left of it. If you have a PDR/Nav then you have Valet mode, which is accessed by going to Settings (Object with gears) the 4th option down is Valet mode, once in there that is where you enter the activation code on the Key Pad, once set up and activated it will prevent someone from moving the screen, accessing the glove box and disables many functions on the steering wheel. IF YOU DON’T have a PDR you don’t have Valet mode. Hope this helps
Old 11-06-2016, 11:46 AM
syswayne
Racer

Originally Posted by BRCC
This is a bit confusing but I will give it a shot. If you are referring to the center screen it can manually be operated with the switch to the left of it. If you have a PDR/Nav then you have Valet mode, which is accessed by going to Settings (Object with gears) the 4th option down is Valet mode, once in there that is where you enter the activation code on the Key Pad, once set up and activated it will prevent someone from moving the screen, accessing the glove box and disables many functions on the steering wheel. IF YOU DON’T have a PDR you don’t have Valet mode. Hope this helps
How did the salesman set the code for the screen to open or close, can you do that without Valet mode? I know he did that before I left Dallas. But I do not know how. Please advise thank you syswayne
Old 11-06-2016, 04:52 PM
syswayne
Racer

How did the salesman set the code for the screen to open or close, can you do that without Valet mode? I know he did that before I left Dallas. But I do not know how. Please advise thank you syswayne

I finally figured it out on the setting code for screen. Thank everyone for their help, Great people on this forum. Love it
syswayne 77 years old live in Lubbock
thanks again
Old 11-06-2016, 04:58 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

I finally figured it out on the setting code for screen. Thank everyone for their help, Great people on this forum. Love it
syswayne 77 years old live in Lubbock
thanks again
I did not realize it but without PDR you do have a limited form of Valet mode, just not video recording capability. Enjoy your Vette

Get notified of new replies

To setting code on screen

Quick Reply: setting code on screen