Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Houston Area Stereo Installer

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 11:42 AM
acheman8
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Houston Area Stereo Installer

I have a 2012 GS Centennial Edition. As others have noted, the factory stereo/nav is a bit tired -- in fact, it was tired brand new in 2012.

I'm looking to upgrade the system and add front and rear view cameras. I also want to retain my steering wheel controls, bluetooth, and SiriXM system.

Does anyone have experience with a top-shelf installer in the Houston area? I don't really want to try and tackle this install myself.

Yelp has Houston Car Stereo on Hilcroft as their top rated place. Anyone use them before? They seem to have great reviews, for what it's worth.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:08 PM
NotLawReview
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just installed the Sony XAV-AX100 into my '10 GS this past week, with the rp5-gm11 harness, metra mounting kit, and a backup camera. The rp5-gm11 harness retains steering wheel controls and onstar, as well as retained accessory power (RAP) etc.

The install was SUPER easy, so if you have any DIY ability I'd highly recommend trying it yourself.

If you still don't want to do it, I had a great experience in the past at this place:

It's a smaller outfit but the owner did great work in troubleshooting an issue I had in my old '04 c5z and further did a great job with some custom work in fixing the issue I had, at a extremely good price.

Last edited by NotLawReview; 03-01-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Flash_Gordon
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I've never used Houston Car Stereo, so I can't speak on them. Looks like it has great reviews, though.

I've used 2 different places with good results so far. Car Stereo Outlet on 45 North next to a Mac Haik Dodge dealership. And also the Car Toys on 59 north in Humble. Installation went very well at both places. I normally find Car Toys to be a bit pricey at times, but I went with CT the 2nd time around because at the time they were running a special of free installation and back up camera with purchase of a head unit. So I paid for another camera for the front, and essentially got 2 for the price of one.

Get notified of new replies

To Houston Area Stereo Installer

Quick Reply: Houston Area Stereo Installer