Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

21st Century MC - Got to ride in the 427, and new RWHP Numbers!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 02:20 PM
AC54ME
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
CI-VI Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Default 21st Century MC - Got to ride in the 427, and new RWHP Numbers!!!!

For those who missed the first post, it is below.
I just could not stand it. My Vert has a new 427, and I have not driven, or been given a ride in it (see below for the reason this has occurred).

On Friday (4-30-04) my S/O drove me to 21st Century. John fired up the Vert, and offered me a ride (I made sure the S/O was in the oiffice and not in the shop before accepting).

With John driving, and me holding on for dear life, we set off for a spin, and I do mean spin as the tires, even in second with a 'dash' of additional fuel applied, will spin, leaving a trail of burnt rubber behind us

After returning to the shop, John informed me that they 'found' additional RWHP, and that now I am at 507+

All in all, the "fun factor" of my Vert is just great. The car runs really well (even with the cam). It has the ability to spin tires in 2nd and/or 3rd when you 'get on it'. Idle is very 'calm'. WOT is a blast. Ect.

So now I am really chomping at the bit to get all of the upcoming operations out of the way. Of course, after the next two operations (now scheduled for July) I have another 3 months of recovery. Hopefully I'll be in shape around late September to enjoy the Vert.

Hats off to 21st Century MC (John Page and his great crew) for the wonderful job they did on the 427

ORIGINAL POST:

Before getting flamed, note that I do not, yet, have pics of the dyno numbers noted below.

Now, for the news.

John Page called me yesterday (Tuesday) to let me know what my new 427 NA LPE engine ran on the dyno. I was completely stunned when he informed me it was 505.6 RWHP, and that more was available with some fine edit tuning

Now for the funny part. Many of you are aware that I had an accident (1-17-04) while on my way to 21st Century MC. No, I was not in the Vert.

Anyway, since the accident I have undergone three (3) operations, and am facing another two (2).

Due to the operations to date, I am unable to drive. John and Kerri picked up my Vert shortly after the accident to install the 427 (good timing as I could not drive it and the down time was a perfect opportunity to do that activity).

My S/O and I met John and Kerri for lunch a couple of weeks ago, where they conspired to keep me away from having the Vert until I am finished with operations and able to drive

Thus, my Vert is staying at 21st Century MC for the time being. Further, John is taking my Vert to the Lone Star Corvette Club's annual "Classic" at Texas Motor Speedway (May 14-16) and including it in their display

That will allow me to at least see (and pet ) my Vert during that event.

As soon as I have the dyno sheets I will post them. The RWHP obtained is absolutly awesome. John says that the Vert really 'scoots', and that I will like it (since I was making 400 RWHP with the previous LGM set up, the additional 100 RWHP would seem to be a significant kick in the butt enhancement - cannot wait to drive her).
Old 05-02-2004, 02:31 PM
White 68
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: 21st Century MC - Got to ride in the 427, and new RWHP Numbers!!!! (AC54ME)

Damn like that stroker motor you had before was weak..... :crazy:
Hope your feeling better soon to get that rocket out on the road.....
Old 05-02-2004, 03:41 PM
SvenOdin
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: 21st Century MC - Got to ride in the 427, and new RWHP Numbers!!!! (AC54ME)

Sounds like you're going to have a blast :thumbs:
Old 05-02-2004, 09:07 PM
C5 StockSwap
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: 21st Century MC - Got to ride in the 427, and new RWHP Numbers!!!! (SvenOdin)

Dennis:

Let me know if you'd like that motor broken in for you while you are layed up! Wouldn't it be nice to have a fully broken in motor the minute you are able to drive??? :D
Old 05-02-2004, 09:49 PM
geekracer
Melting Slicks

Sounds like you have some motivation to get better. :thumbs: Hope you're driving that car soon :cheers:
Old 05-02-2004, 11:57 PM
MC TORCH RED
Le Mans Master

Default Re: 21st Century MC - Got to ride in the 427, and new RWHP Numbers!!!! (MMarquez)

:thumbs: :eek:
Old 05-03-2004, 09:05 AM
AC54ME
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
CI-VI Car Show Winner

Default Re: 21st Century MC - Got to ride in the 427, and new RWHP Numbers!!!! (C5 StockSwap)

Thanks for the responses.

White68 - the 427 is so awesome :smash: Like I said earlier, in 2nd with a little gas it spins the tires! The torque is just amazing, it looks like it is 'even' across the full power band. What a blast. Wish I had this option when I went with the LGM setup - no doubt I would have elected LPE's due to the benefits. Overall, the price was almost the same! However, with LPE the benefits are substantually more.

As to C5 StockSwaps offer ("Let me know if you'd like that motor broken in for you while you are layed up! Wouldn't it be nice to have a fully broken in motor the minute you are able to drive???"), nice try Steve :lol:

John has offered the same thing. As of now I think he has put 500 miles on the new 427. Told him I want to deduct those miles from the warranty (2 years, 24,000 miles) that comes with the 427 :jester

Seriously, I am hoping that between the LSCC Classic and July I will get an opportunity to drive the Vert, at least one time. The S/O will be in Brazil for a couple of weeks around that time, so maybe, just maybe, I can sneak a ride or two in. :reddevil

[Modified by AC54ME, 8:11 AM 5/3/2004]
Old 05-03-2004, 11:03 AM
C5 StockSwap
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Seriously, I am hoping that between the LSCC Classic and July I will get an opportunity to drive the Vert, at least one time. The S/O will be in Brazil for a couple of weeks around that time, so maybe, just maybe, I can sneak a ride or two in. :reddevil
Dennis: I think I have the leverage I need now...Let me drive that thing or Jelena is going to get a phone call before she leaves for Brazil! :smash:
Old 05-03-2004, 07:46 PM
AC54ME
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
CI-VI Car Show Winner

Default Re: 21st Century MC - Got to ride in the 427, and new RWHP Numbers!!!! (C5 StockSwap)

Dennis: I think I have the leverage I need now...Let me drive that thing or Jelena is going to get a phone call before she leaves for Brazil! :smash:
I am sorry, but the number you called is no longer in service, and there is no forwarding number. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-03-2004, 09:49 PM
LittleBoyBlu99
Le Mans Master

Default Re: 21st Century MC - Got to ride in the 427, and new RWHP Numbers!!!! (MMarquez)

Sounds like you have some motivation to get better. :thumbs: Hope you're driving that car soon :cheers:
:iagree: :blueangel: :thumbs:
Old 05-03-2004, 11:11 PM
C5 StockSwap
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

I am sorry, but the number you called is no longer in service, and there is no forwarding number. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:cuss :leaving:

Get notified of new replies

To 21st Century MC - Got to ride in the 427, and new RWHP Numbers!!!!

Quick Reply: 21st Century MC - Got to ride in the 427, and new RWHP Numbers!!!!