test - 4 corner height

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 11:39 AM
ChevyDave
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Default test - 4 corner height

????????????how does this compare to your front/back & side/side heights?????????????????????

There has been some topics on front and back height. I am a very curious person, so......
I went out and measured at the inside of the fenders, on my 2011 GS.

It certainly wasn't precise.... but if the car is on level surface, tape held vertical to the floor and lines up right through center cap, viewing the measurement at same eye level, it seems to change only about +/- 1/32 inch when stepping back and then remeasuring. I know its not "professional" but i am curious how it compares to yours.

So, measurements were taken (twice) , logged , reviewed and this printout created.
Basic assumption is that....
GS/Z06 (wide body) should have rear about... 14/16" higher than front.
Other (base) should have rear about............. 1 6/16" higher than front (22/16")
(base/wide difference is due to shape of the fender curve)

BLUE...... actual measurement to nearest 1/16"
RED....... difference in heighth of front/back and left/right
GREEN... amount required to correct height (for a GS)

note above that left/right front has a very large difference. our car has always pulled slightly to the right (passenger) , slight and not enough to be concerned about. height difference probably explains why. We have a very smooth level country highway, flat as a pancake, you drive west on a windless day, right down the center, the car drifts right (north). You drive the same stretch going east again right down the center, the car drifts right (south). (not the road, its the car)

measurements of the frame to the level surface on all 4 corners are required to obtain and cross-check front-back & side-side adjustments for ride height. this was just a quick way to see what i had and am curious how this might compare to what you have. The distance for a "correct" ride height depends on year & model.
The front height is referred to as the Z Trim Height
The rear height is referred to as the D Trim Height
GM specs for measuring is...
Tire pressure should be 30PSI.
Fuel tank should be full.
The rear compartment should be empty.
Doors and Hood closed.
Measurements should be the same on both sides.
In both front & rear, the trim height is measured from the lowest point on the bottom of the ball joint(2) & the center of the front side of the lower control arm forward mounting bolt(1)

????????????how does this compare to your front/back & side/side heights?????????????????????

my blank form i used is here... https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ight-form.html or just note your LF RF LR RR numbers

Last edited by ChevyDave; 08-04-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Quick Reply: test - 4 corner height