test

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 03:21 PM
Red Devil
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

Default test

How to add lumbar/bolster support to your 2013 2LT driver's seat

First off I want to thank the following forum members for directly helping me or providing guidance via existing threads they contributed to this forum. I could not have done it without their help. This is what makes this forum so great!

Bill Dearborn, Ray Kawal, Bluemeanie, Zap City, ncvette_1funride

Before completely removing your seat from the car you should check to ensure you have power on pin A6 of your wiring harness (car side) under your seat. You can do this by using a multimeter set to DCV 20, I used the A5 pin as the ground because it was difficult to find a grounded piece of metal within reach of my cables. As a side note my harness was buried under the cut in the carpet and was not easily seen or accessible until I pulled it out

I won't go over the steps to physically remove the seat from the car as there are many great threads which I have listed below for reference. I also wanted to point out that 2013 2LT seats DO NOT have 2 zippers at the back which many other seats have.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...s-of-pics.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-no-power.html

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-no-power.html

Parts Required

Lumbar Support (including bolster)
GM part number 88993056
Switch (Lumbar/bolster for driver's seat)
GM part number 10315844
Driver side seat trim plate
GM part number 88993604
Wiring harness (under seat, includes lumber pump and switch connector)
GM part number 88995327
Black nylon trim panel retainers
Google GM 16674629 (do not buy from GM, super expensive)

Items to be removed/undone from seat
Seat back – Remove the 2 retainer push pins under the back of the seat cover,

I found it very difficult to remove the seat back, it felt as though I was going to break something. What worked best for me was to put the headrest up against my leg for support as I wiggled my hands underneath the top portion while pulling up towards my leg and pulling out at the same time,

Although there were 8 holes drilled for the push pins I only had 6 from the factory (I added the extra 2), remove these next,

On the backside of the seat near the bottom there is a cover flap that is hog tied to the seat bottom, remove the hog ties. Next, lift flap and undo the velcro and drawstring,

Next remove old wiring harness, I found some of these connectors tricky to remove so take your time,

Start to fit the bolsters to the frame of the seat, to do this pull the foam and cover forward while wiggling the bolster in, be sure to pull it in from the rigid plastic backing and not the bag or tube,

After getting the bolsters in place it's time to run the lumbar pump and air tubes under the seat. To run the tubing as it would be from the factory I found it necessary to remove the pump from the protective sack as well as removing the hoses from the pump itself,

Next, pull down the protective tubing so that it is placed below the lip on the seat frame,

Once this done, it is time to run the hoses under the seat frame, push down the seat foam and carefully push through the air hoses to the front of the seat where you will reconnect to the pump and place it back in the sack.

Last edited by Red Devil; 04-12-2016 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Z'ha'dum
Le Mans Master

Location: I tell people I'm from Detroit...but nobody really lives IN Detroit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Old 04-10-2016, 07:41 PM
Red Devil
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Z'ha'dum
Thanks! Will post in the general section hopefully this week after a few more tweaks.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:39 PM
Z'ha'dum
Le Mans Master

Location: I tell people I'm from Detroit...but nobody really lives IN Detroit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Get notified of new replies

To test

Quick Reply: test