Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Shoddy work by Corvette clocks by Roger

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 03:07 PM
DelcoMan
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Clocks by Roger Reed

I am Tony Mac Crutchfield
Being a true small town southern boy my self i was taught never say anything bad about anyone. So i will not. i will tell You what my eye saw and ears heard in Mr. Roger Reed's aka Corvette Clocks by Roger shop.

First let me say i am blessed to have been certified by Delco Car Radios as there 43rd field tech ever at 14 years of age. 9/67 through Brown Chevrolet in Alamo.TN

Part of my certification was a 3 lap parade around Alamo.TNs court square in the first 68 Vette to leave the St.Louis plant. Used the previous Sunday as pace car for NASCAR in a AL race. The Tennessee State Trooper leading prade does not like for me to tell about our best of three party after the parade so i wont tell that story here either!

I did a few radios for Mr. Roger Reed back in 1998 or 99?

One job i was told to rescreen face bezel parts. However unit was so pristine inside and out it looked right out of a box. So i refused to.

When i returned the radio of pay, Mr. Reed checking out the radio with me standing in behind him watching his every move. With a pair of 6" needle nose vise grips in a leather scabbard hanging off his belt. Did a Matt Dillon quick draw, clamping grips onto volume control for his ****, gave the grips a quick flip with one finger causing the grips to do a 360.
Not only destroying the control pod, also cutting a huge gause in chrome bezel and, lens. He nearly jumped out of his skin! Stammering Msssss Betttetty! as he ran with unit into her office. Get this on boxed up and sent home right now!
Couple of weeks later i was called to come pick up a radio and it was this one.
Mr. Reed started scolding me about shoddy work and how unhappy he and his customer was with me.
Before returning the radio i called to Mr. Reed and he was out. He did call a few minutes later and standing in front of his Kiddy~Guardian class at his church denied doing the damage. This was the last unit i would ever service for him! As i put my name and date on all the work i do!

Then there is the time i pointed out to him that the new speakers he was selling had a .6 Ohm loading coil instead or the specified 1.5 Ohm coil.

That this low impedance coil would after about 15 minutes destory DS-501 output transistor from overheating and dumping 12 Volts on the speakers voice coil. However once cooled down unit would work for another 15 minutes or so. But over time would carboning the insulation on 12 Volt lead wire to output transistor from switch and, maybe all the way back in the car's wiring harness to fuse block. Thus producing a possible fire hazard.

Mr. Reed's reply was not to tell any one else this because he had 5000 in a trailer out back he had to sell.

Well i did tell Eric at NCRS about seeing a large number of these incorrect value coils on new speakers from several vendors, sent in with units for me to restore. NCRS did a half page article from my info 2004 vol 31 #1 pg 34.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 12-03-2014 at 04:42 PM. Reason: removed personal unrelated info plus commercial promotion
Old 12-03-2014, 04:34 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

I think responses to a thread thats been dead for 13 years are unnecessary, especially where 2 of them are not related to the original complaint.

Unrelated posts will be removed and this closed thread will be moved to the Transactions Feedback section where it can be read as wanted.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:36 PM
AZDoug
Race Director

Received 1,478 Likes on 905 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2017 C1 of Year Finalist

This thread is so old it is buried under the dinosaur turds.

Why was it resurrected?

Doug

Quick Reply: Shoddy work by Corvette clocks by Roger