Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Dispute with vendor, Empire Corvettes, aka Performance Corvettes

Old 02-20-2012, 05:30 PM
mikes08z06
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dispute with vendor, Empire Corvettes, aka Performance Corvettes

Staying within forum rules I can't say what I really think, but here goes...

I purchased some coated interior parts from what I thought was a reputable vendor on this forum that required a core return for credit. The parts are primarily cosmetic interior pieces and were received quickly. One of the parts received, an A/C control panel, had a couple of chips on one of the buttons and the ***** did not have the chrome rings as on my '08 Z06, but the face plate itself was fine. I accepted this as I knew I was able to swap the face plate with buttons and ***** with mine.

When I returned the cores to this vendor they replied via email "...your AC unit has damaged/chipped buttons, we cannot use this...". I explained that I received their item with the chipped button and swapped the front panel with mine. I asked for their phone number and gave them mine so we could discuss further. They responded via email "there's nothing to discuss further" and "if you received an AC unit with chips on the button that should have been made to aware to us upon receipt, we cannot use these parts, you'll have to sell them on your own". They did offer to return the cores if I paid shipping.

I am obviously venting and probably have no further recourse to this type of reply. The vendor is in control. I have purchased many items through corvetteforum.com vendors, the first and last time with this specific one. This is the first time I have had any problems.

I guess I just want to make everyone aware to NOT accept anything that is not perfect when received. Lesson learned. I'm old enough to know better. Sorry for the lengthy post.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

No, here are the rules when you have a dispute with a forum vendor.

Unresolved disputes
The Forum allows a factual post on an unresolved dispute with a vendor or another member once all efforts to resolve the issue offline have been exhausted. Then, the post must be factual and cannot be used to bash the vendor or the member. It should be posted in the Transactions Feedback section. Once the post has been made, it cannot be repeated in other sections or on other days.

Moderators will try to leave such threads open until everybody with direct knowledge of the issue being addressed has had a chance to provide their version of the facts. The thread must not become a running debate on the accuracy of the “facts” and may not deteriorate into an exchange of personal attacks. Neither should be used as an opportunity for speculation by those who do not have direct knowledge of the issue.

Once there has been the opportunity for the facts on all sides to be posted, the thread will be locked. It will remain in the database and will be available for review by those who are researching the topic, vendor or member.

The Forum is not in a position to monitor transactions or to determine the “true facts” in most disputes. Upon request, however, the Forum will try to intervene and mediate a settlement suitable to all parties in a dispute. When issues are resolved in the matter, it will be posted to the original dispute thread so it becomes part of the searchable record. We believe that is a more useful record of performance for potential customers than would be an eBay-style rating system.

As has been our past practice, members or vendors who show a pattern of unresolved issues will be removed from Corvetteforum.com.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...-disputes.html

Try to resolve the issue offline with the vendor first.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:43 PM
mikes08z06
Instructor

Originally Posted by JimTN
No, here are the rules when you have a dispute with a forum vendor.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...-disputes.html

Try to resolve the issue offline with the vendor first.
I did. This was his latest reply: "im not even going to bother to reply to that asinine response below".
Old 02-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

I will move this to the Transaction Feedback forum, but there will be a redirect from this C6-Z06 forum.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:02 PM
mikes08z06
Instructor

Well, he could stand up and refute my facts as stated in my posts above. But then that would identify him and I can verify my posts with the emails sent to me and I stand by my facts as stated.

My fear is that some may incorrectly assume it is some of the other vendors that do this type of work. As I said, I have had very positive transactions with all other vendors on this forum that value their customers. This has been my first problem.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

I thought the stated rule above indicated that there's no problem with you naming the vendor. The thread must not become a running debate on the accuracy of the “facts” and may not deteriorate into an exchange of personal attacks. Neither should be used as an opportunity for speculation by those who do not have direct knowledge of the issue.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:22 PM
mikes08z06
Instructor

Thanks JimTN for the clarification. Being my first with a CF vendor, and hopefully my last, I was being too conservative.

Based on that I will say it is Empire Corvettes, aka Performance Corvettes, with specific contact with Johnny@Performance Corvettes (sales@performancecorvettes.com), based on his emails.

Last edited by mikes08z06; 02-20-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:35 PM
mikes08z06
Instructor

Update.

Johnny @ Performance Corvettes now says "...i'll look for some buttons to replace the blem one, if i find one, we'll credit back on the part", which is some progress. Although I believe my core credit should not be based upon him being able to repair the defective part as it was sent to me. But maybe it will work out in the end.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:58 PM
0PerformanceCorvettes
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14, '16

Hello

I'm not really sure what the dispute is here, and you didn't even bother to respond back to my last message from yesterday anyway where i stated i would see about fixing the ashtray, which is not our responsibility

You sent us back non-useable cores, you said the AC unit had chipped buttons when you received it, yet no mention of that was meant to us at all, upon receipt, or when you emailed us that the cores have been received back

the AC unit we received back has a chipped button and the ashtray door doesn't close, not just for "me", the door either closes or it doesn't, this one was closed when received, but it will not stay shut

I simply emailed you that we cannot use these and we would ship them back to you, this is your response:

"OK, I understand how you do business now. I DID receive the AC unit in the condition stated. I do not appreciate your insinuation that I lied. I have a 2008 Z06 and my ***** have the chrome ring around the ***** and the unit you sent me did not. Obviously I was too considerate by accepting what you sent me since I knew I could correct the chipped button and the lack on the chrome rings on the ***** by changing the faceplate and buttons over. So you made the extra money on the cores. Good for you. Keep them. You will NOT receive any further business from me nor any positive recommendation on corvetteforum.com.

If the ashtray won't work properly for you, I guess it happens. I won't call you a lair.

Based upon this exchange I expect it will not bother you much. You get to keep the core charges and the extra money."

you refused to let us send back the cores, but feel it's ok to start a dispute thread over something you're refusing to do?....the ashtray wasn't working, plain and simple

That's my .02 above and im not going to argue with you about it, all i said was the issue with the AC unit should have been brought to our attention upon receipt or at any other time, it was not. Your response insinuated that I'm calling you a liar, i was not

We will refund on both cores sent back, allow a few days for it to hit back on your card

thank you
Old 02-21-2012, 06:04 PM
0PerformanceCorvettes
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14, '16

[QUOTE=eight3two;1580069355]Sucks. I remember another thread where someone asked them if they had a brick & mortar location or office location and the question was met with something to the effect of 'what difference does it make?'.

And.....I'm not sure what that means above, but Where was this post?

I don't think anyone would ever respond to a post saying "what difference does it make?"
Old 02-21-2012, 06:54 PM
mikes08z06
Instructor

Originally Posted by EmpireCorvettes
Hello

I'm not really sure what the dispute is here, and you didn't even bother to respond back to my last message from yesterday anyway where i stated i would see about fixing the ashtray, which is not our responsibility

You sent us back non-useable cores, you said the AC unit had chipped buttons when you received it, yet no mention of that was meant to us at all, upon receipt, or when you emailed us that the cores have been received back

the AC unit we received back has a chipped button and the ashtray door doesn't close, not just for "me", the door either closes or it doesn't, this one was closed when received, but it will not stay shut

I simply emailed you that we cannot use these and we would ship them back to you, this is your response:

"OK, I understand how you do business now. I DID receive the AC unit in the condition stated. I do not appreciate your insinuation that I lied. I have a 2008 Z06 and my ***** have the chrome ring around the ***** and the unit you sent me did not. Obviously I was too considerate by accepting what you sent me since I knew I could correct the chipped button and the lack on the chrome rings on the ***** by changing the faceplate and buttons over. So you made the extra money on the cores. Good for you. Keep them. You will NOT receive any further business from me nor any positive recommendation on corvetteforum.com.

If the ashtray won't work properly for you, I guess it happens. I won't call you a lair.

Based upon this exchange I expect it will not bother you much. You get to keep the core charges and the extra money."

you refused to let us send back the cores, but feel it's ok to start a dispute thread over something you're refusing to do?....the ashtray wasn't working, plain and simple

That's my .02 above and im not going to argue with you about it, all i said was the issue with the AC unit should have been brought to our attention upon receipt or at any other time, it was not. Your response insinuated that I'm calling you a liar, i was not

We will refund on both cores sent back, allow a few days for it to hit back on your card

thank you
I appreciate the public, considerate reply above. Your quote from me is accurate after several exchanges and remarks from you which you have not included. Note that I did not dispute the problem with the ashtray.

It was never my intent, nor my expectation, to have to resort to a public dispute. However I felt I had no other recourse. I believe, based upon your most recent email, that this is close to resolution.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:19 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

OK, I just received an email from the vendor that the buyer has been credited back.

Closing this one

Get notified of new replies

To Dispute with vendor, Empire Corvettes, aka Performance Corvettes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dispute with vendor, Empire Corvettes, aka Performance Corvettes