Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

problem with transaction with superchevy32

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 10:48 AM
seadiver66
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with transaction with superchevy32

Just want to let other forum member know to beware of forum member superchevy32 if purchasing any parts or merchandise. I recently paid this forum member $489.25 for a C6 nav unit he claimed was not scratched or damaged and worked perfectly. I asked this forum member for pictures. the pictures seemed to back up the sellers representations. The unit was advertised on the forum under C6 parts for sale/wanted.

After a lengthy delay in him shipping the unit, it finally arrived 2 weeks later and I immediately noticed the touch screen of the unit was severely scratched. I immediately contacted him and he said it was shipped in perfect condition and the UPS store must have damaged it. The box was undamaged and the unit seemed to be very carefully packed. Suspecting this member superchevy32 was being less than honest, I compared the damaged unit I received to the pictures I was previously sent. The unit I received was clearly different from the unit in the pictures this forum member sent to me. I could tell this from the light blue plastic tabs that are typical of all OEM nav units that are located in the middle of the face of the units on either end and were present on the unit I received and not present in the pictures of the unit I was sent. Also, the green date of manufacture sticker on the top of the unit is in a different location on the unit i received vs. the unit pictured as part of the sale. When I contacted superchevy32 about this obvious bait and switch, he denied it and went so far as to give a stumbling and quite lame explanation of the discrepancy.

I am currently disputing the sale with paypal and will escalate this matter as far as I have to to get my money back from this punk. So, fellow forum members, be very careful with superchevy32 if he is selling anything on the forum.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:34 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Pics? Link to original thread, emails or PMs between you and seller?? These are things we need for dispute threads. Good luck with Paypal.

Quick Reply: problem with transaction with superchevy32