Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Re: Kudos west bend dyno tuning, wi

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 11:10 PM
c6vette142dude
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Kudos west bend dyno tuning, wi

Some of you may have read my thread regarding the nightmare I had with Hightech Motorsport in Elk River, MN in this section. As I stated, some good things did come out of that debacle. I mentioned Pat, the owner of GASP in Elk River was one of those bright spots. Another was West Bend Dyno Tuning in West Bend, WI.

Do to work commitments, I only had a short window to get the tuning done on my car. I called WBDT and spoke with Vince about my situation. He told me to bring the car down and they'd squeeze me in the sked.

The 6 hour drive was nice, my longest trip in the vette thus far. Gas mileage was great as I set the car on cruise control for over 90% of the trip. I found the vette to be very comfortable too! At 6'2" 300 lbs,... Not sure why so many find the seats uncomfortable on long trips. Heck, I could have drove another 4 hours.

When I arrived in town, I drove by the shop first. It was Sunday and they were closed. I just wanted to get an idea of where the shop was and what the surroundings looked like.

Monday morning I stopped in and talked with Brad... the owner and he gave me a detailed tour of the place. I have to say that I was impressed! Not just with the equipment they had...which included 2 Mustang dyno's, one RWD and one AWD. They also had a lift right on the dyno! If they needed to check something under the car while performing a dyno session, all they had to do is lift the car up, then drop her back down and finish the tune.

Another impressive thing about this shop is that they have 4 tuners!! Even DP only has 1 tuner, at least that's what I was told when I was calling around looking for a tuner. A guy named Jessie did the tune on my car. The guy really knew his stuff. The car wasn't even the same car when I got it back! It felt better and smoother. No engine lights, the start-ups were more smoother...no more hard starts...especially when hot. He set the idle lower as well, I've noticed that since then, my oil temps have even been lower. On top of that, all of the tuners were sked to be off since Monday was a holiday. I was surprised to get a call [that I missed] from the tuner at 2130! He had just finished doing a some pulls and was calling to update me on what he found, what changes he made and what he thought. How's that for customer service!!

I still have more work to be done. I need another fuel pump for the T-trim. Will add another 400lph in tank as well as a Meth setup and fuel rails. They already had a full sked and it would have taken too much time to wait for the parts and It would've interfered with the business they already had scheduled.

I'll probably have Pat at GASP do the fuel pump and rails and have WBDT do the Meth and tuning.

From now on, I plan to have these guys do all of my tuning and some other work as well... drivetrain to be specific.

If you're looking for a great shop with great guys who know their way around cars and are knowledgeable performance mechanics, then I'd suggest you give these guys a call.

I also happened to be in WI for the 110th Anniversary of Harley Davidson which was cool! Purchased a half-dozen T-shirts for folks here at home. Talked to and met a lot of guys who loved hearing that cam thump !

Once again, Kudos to Brad, Vince, Jessie and the rest of the mechanics at WBDT for an AWESOME JOB!!! I'm looking forward to the upgrades!
Old 11-27-2013, 03:04 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

West Bend Dyno is the only shop I use. These guys get it. Brad the owner is great guy and Brian that runs the shop has several toy cars at home that he is building. Vince moved to West Bend from Detroit and brings all those connections with him.

Chris, one of their lead techs has done a great deal of work on my car and it has always been right, the first time. Travis was RealTime racing before joining the team and their record speaks for it self.

West Bend Dyno is a great shop that I am not afraid to recommend people to.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:17 PM
GT Racing Tires
Supporting Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

You will have a hard time finding a shop that cares about it's customers more than WBDT. I could type pages on why they are great. I will stick with only one situation that says it all. My business partner had a expensive motor built late 2012. After several events in 2013 the motor made a mess of the track at the exit of the kink at Road America. The problem was believed to be a faulty rod (vertical crack). No fault of the shop. WBDT built a new motor and had the car back in two weeks all for a big bill of $0.00. After they build a motor they will send a mechanic and tuner to the track the first time out.

Get notified of new replies

To Re: Kudos west bend dyno tuning, wi