Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Problem arising with Cold6.2

Old 10-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Cross
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem arising with Cold6.2

I sold Cody/Cold6.2 a Differential I bought for my C5 after being told it would fit by another member here. It did not.

I then posted it up to sell it and get my money back (the seller agreed to cover whatever I did not get back personally I found that to be acceptable) and after a while found a buyer in Cold6.2.

The Differential was checked out by Joe @ CPR here in Phoenix and Shipped out from his shop. It was supposed to ship on Friday or Monday and I believe it went out Tuesday due to a delay. I kept the buyer updated however through an error on my part I provided the wrong tracking number which understandably upset the Buyer. However once that was corrected it was found that the differential had already been delivered to his wife and at that point I thought everything was finished.... I was wrong. (This was Sept. 16th)
Tracking Number for FedEx 532200010000159

Yesterday I found my Paypal account was overdrawn. I went to find out why and Cold6.2 had filed a charge back. I had never heard anything from him about an issue since the Differential was delivered. When I tried calling he did not answer, I had already called Paypal and they asked me for the tracking information which I provided along with the Signature Confirmation. (I am including those in this post as well)
I texted Cold6.2 and was told he never filed a charge back but that he got a refund and he did send me a screen shot showing a refund. I told him what was going on and contacted Paypal again thinking this was all a mistake. However they assured me that was not the case this was a Charge Back and had a code of "85" (I wish I knew what that meant but they told me it was for item(s) not delivered) not a refund. I let them know that again the package was delivered and they had both the tracking number and signature confirmation given to them via the paypal site. They assured me they would contact the buyer and call me in the morning with the results.

Thinking everything was handled I contacted Cold6.2 via text again just so he knew to expect the call. He responded 10/4 and then a little while later he responded telling me the Diff was not built.
Now this confused me and I asked him if that meant he filed the charge back to which he said no but the Diff was not built he called Unitrax and they said it was not built. I was alarmed so we kept talking while I tried to figure out what was going on, I read the For Sale Listing again found here:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-p...ith-3-90s.html

It states:
Built Unitrax differential (2005 Corvette) with Motive 3:90 gears, Timkin bearing kit, new O-rings, shims and fluid. The diff has 10k miles with the new parts and works perfect with no issues.
Now when I asked Unitrax via email I got a response that said the following: (Screenshot of Email also included)
Hello:

The unit was built in March of 2007. Automatic application differential built with a "thick" 3.90 ratio dual-treated gear set. The unit did not need bearings. The ratio change only required seals, o'rings, shim kit, gear set, and silicone. The differential was delivered with Synergyn Syngear II oil.

Thank you,

Devin B. King
UNITRAX Drivetrain, Inc.
1280 North Sunshine Way
Anahiem, CA 92806-1746
devin@gounitrax.com

“For a level of service once thought forgotten."
When I told Cold6.2 this he said the Diff was not "Built" it was "Stock" with Cheap untreated gears.
when I spoke with unitrax, took him 3-4 mins to find the info on the number and he said it was a untreated gear set (non micro polished) and the shop who sent it in said they wanted the cheapest swap done, it was done in 07. So that led me to believe it didn't have 10k miles on it and it was filthy, my stock 67k mile diff doesn't look as this case did. He quoted me $2300 to build the diff like it thought it was built from the get go.
Now clearly he thought he was just getting one hell of a deal on a 2300 Diff and I can see that but I did not misrepresent what this Diff was. I also offered that if Unitrax contacted me back and the Diff was not built as I was told it was I would work out a deal with him. However as is clearly presented that was not the case.

From there I was told the following by Cold6.2:
Over the phone I was told cheap gear swap. PM me your address and Ill have UPS pick it up and ship it back to you. The refund has cleared my bank and I dont want the diff since its just a gear swap not "BUILT" I'm read in the OP. Im tired of dealing with this already.
I replied:
Wait so you have the money that you spent back and the Diff...
Now you want me to take it back even though Unitrax has emailed me directly as shown in the picture stating it is built just as it was described. You want me to take it back after you have had it a month...
I am a little confused here.

1) You already have your money back and the Diff..??

2) The Diff is built exactly as it was stated, had it not have been I would have agreed something needed to be done.

3) You feel I should just take it back now because your idea of built wasn't to read the listing and differ's. My DTE cost over 2k not 850 shipped... I don't think buyers remorse is a reason for me to take it back.

Lets see how others here feel.
Now mind you at this point I thought that Paypal had made a mistake even though they continue to claim that's not the case and this is where it became clear that something strange was going on here.

Cold6.2 basically told me we were going to do things his way or he would screw me:
If I was you, having no way to get my money back, but the guy is willing to ship the part back. Then I would take what I could get and not wait to see what people think you should get. I have proof there was a refund sent...

Options are
A) Get the diff shipped back, resale it.
B) Get the diff shipped back, resale it.
C) Get the diff shipped back, resale it.
At this point its clear that he just has buyers remorse and is more than willing to lie to his credit card company to get his money back.

Now Paypal has given me my money back and I have given them screen shots of the thread, a link to it, the signed pickup and tracking numbers. I also provided them the email from Unitrax.

I just want to ensure others know that someone is willing to file a charge back a month after he gets what he wants just because he assumed the Diff was more than the listing stated it was. I am also concerned that while I have given Paypal all this information I may still have to deal with this and frankly I am about to get married next weekend and leave on a cruise for our Honeymoon, the last thing I need to deal with is worrying about this.
Attached Images  
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
retrievePDF.pdf (5.3 KB, 108 views)
Old 10-11-2013, 07:40 AM
Cold6.2
Instructor

Here's the problem, you called me @ 10:45pm and I was in bed, didn't know the number so I didn't answer it, you texted and I replayed.

So lets start with forum rules....

The Forum allows a factual post on an unresolved dispute with a vendor or another member once all efforts to resolve the issue offline have been exhausted. It was 10:45 pm, told you we could talk in the morning and you said okay, then I get a notification for the FS add where you started putting me on blast before we could even talk and start communications. So there for I was pissed, which led me to throw the bird right back at you. Then, the post must be factual and cannot be used to bash the vendor or the member. It should be posted in the Transactions Feedback section. Once the post has been made, it cannot be repeated in other sections or on other days.

Moderators will try to leave such threads open until everybody with direct knowledge of the issue being addressed has had a chance to provide their version of the facts. The thread must not become a running debate on the accuracy of the “facts” and may not deteriorate into an exchange of personal attacks. Neither should be used as an opportunity for speculation by those who do not have direct knowledge of the issue.

Once there has been the opportunity for the facts on all sides to be posted, the thread will be locked. It will remain in the database and will be available for review by those who are researching the topic, vendor or member.

The Forum is not in a position to monitor transactions or to determine the “true facts” in most disputes. Upon request, however, the Forum will try to intervene and mediate a settlement suitable to all parties in a dispute. When issues are resolved in the matter, it will be posted to the original dispute thread so it becomes part of the searchable record. We believe that is a more useful record of performance for potential customers than would be an eBay-style rating system.

As has been our past practice, members or vendors who show a pattern of unresolved issues will be removed from Corvetteforum.com.

Now that Ive been blasted by you before we actually had any chance to resolve the problems. Now on to the diff, it states it had and Ill quote the whole post "Built Unitrax differential (2005 Corvette) with Motive 3:90 gears, Timkin bearing kit, new O-rings, shims and fluid. The diff has 10k miles with the new parts and works perfect with no issues. "

When some says they have a built say bottom end, a stock rebuild and some rod bolts dont make it built, you stated built diff, not stock diff that didnt receive Timkin bearing kit, thats out lined in the FS add and is debunked by the email from UNITRAX. Its a 100% stock diff and a 3:90 gear set. The way it was worded "BUILT" should have stated stock with gear swap. You posted it had 10k miles, can you verify the 10k miles? Look at a email from PayPal....

Now lets look at this for a min.
He posted this: Yeah I have been nothing but polite this is just like when the tracking number I had was wrong your wife had already signed for the Diff and you were yelling at me about how you were going to file a chargeback... then we find out she already got it and low and behold a month later you file a chargeback.
My question is how can I yell at you when we never spoke on the phone? So here is another lie here are the texts..

Sure doesnt look like yelling to me...Here is the reason I demanded solid information, the diff was on eBay showing CA and Cross is in AZ.

Like I stated that I was out of town I had no clue what made it to my home when I was 200 miles away working, I was gone for another 3 weeks before I could check the diff out. So when I get home I open the plastic box to inspect and get the number of the UNITRAX plate. I called and spoke with the same guy in the email, I told him I was thinking about buying it and need a rundown on it. He told me it was a cheap gear swap with untreated gear, but hes saying on his email to cross it is treated....

I wasnt going to bring anything up and just eat the scam, but when I get the email about a refund I figure he felt guilty about it and wanted to make it right, but clearly he is a liar and will lie about everything to make me look like a bad person and in fact hes digging a deeper hole. I will have my friends who know me and I speak to regularly come over and vouch for me as a stand up guy. I'm not scaming him, I will clearly send the stock diff with 3:90 gears back to him but he doesnt want it. A true scammer wouldnt offer this at all. Just admit that you messed up on the listing and make it right. You can resale it but after this thread I doubt anyone will buy from you again.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:31 AM
01ssreda4
3rd Gear

OP, you didn't know what you had, you sold it assuming, and now you expect cold to be stuck with it? That would sound like BS to anyone. Take your diff, represent it correctly, and maybe your next sale will be more successful. And if you came here looking for sympathy I doubt anyone in their right mind will give it to you.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Cold6.2
Instructor

Thanks Steve
Old 10-11-2013, 09:27 AM
brandon1566
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

You clearly miss represented the rear end. First description in the link you posted says "Built" a gear swap is not built. I've got a cam in my car that doesn't make it built. if i advertised it as Built, and you purchased it would you be upset? Do what's right give him a refund,
Advertise the diff As it should be and move on.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Cold6.2
Instructor

Originally Posted by brandon1566
You clearly miss represented the rear end. First description in the link you posted says "Built" a gear swap is not built. I've got a cam in my car that doesn't make it built. if i advertised it as Built, and you purchased it would you be upset? Do what's right give him a refund,
Advertise the diff As it should be and move on.
Thanks Brandon, all he has to do is call Paypal say the charge back is correct and when it cleared Ill ship the diff back. Im gonna sit on it till PayPal contacts my bank and confirms the charge was legit. Thats all I want, nothing more. Ill actually be out money shipping it back and Im fine with that
Old 10-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Cross
Pro

Look I can play the let's get friends and have them post supporting us game, in over 10 years of buying and selling I have made quite a few.

The Diff has not been misrepresented what has happened is you assumed something. As shown the diff is built exactly as stated in the thread, you just thought you were getting a different build (which no one else knows why) for 850 shipped that normally costs 2300+ Shipping. Thats not my fault thats yours for assuming it was something else.
It states:
Built Unitrax differential (2005 Corvette) with Motive 3:90 gears, Timkin bearing kit, new O-rings, shims and fluid. The diff has 10k miles with the new parts and works perfect with no issues.
Now when I asked Unitrax via email I got a response that said the following:
Hello:

The unit was built in March of 2007. Automatic application differential built with a "thick" 3.90 ratio dual-treated gear set. The unit did not need bearings. The ratio change only required seals, o'rings, shim kit, gear set, and silicone. The differential was delivered with Synergyn Syngear II oil.

Thank you,

Devin B. King
UNITRAX Drivetrain, Inc.
1280 North Sunshine Way
Anahiem, CA 92806-1746
devin@gounitrax.com

However instead of turning this into some circus of calling friends in I will post my feedback from a few forums over 10 years and let that do that talking. I offered to work with you if the diff was other than stated and I believe I have shown that up top but I will quote it again just to be clear. However it came back clearly built as described and Unitrax never told you it was stock with a cheap rebuild that was not treated.
What this is is nothing more than buyers remorse. A month later you decided it was not what you wanted and you lie about filing a charge back. I stood behind the product it is exactly as describe you just expected more. Then you think friends posting will change that.

Here is my feedback across a few forums just as an example:
http://forums.probetalk.com/itrader.php?u=41107
http://ls1tech.com/forums/itrader.php?u=107427
http://www.rs25.com/forums/itrader.php?u=32637

Now thats just a few but I think it gets the point across. I can go further if you would like.

The point here is that you assumed something, tried to file a charge back a month later and never said anything. Then when you were caught the next day (You filed on the 8th, I texted you on the 9th and we had a longer conversation about you being on the forums checking the thread I will post those messages for you) you denied it but suddenly said the diff was not built as quoted above.

I provided the exact product described, in the condition promised and it is backed by Joe @ CPR who inspected it before I bought it from 1SikVette. My only issue is it would not fit my car as I was told it would, I accepted that and resold it here.
1sikvette felt bad about telling me it would fit and worked to help me sell it by posting it on eBay. I didn't know about that until you told me but it made sense to me I paid more than you did (950) and he has been working with me to get me the remaining balance.

So again at the end of the day no other person posting interest in the original thread misunderstood how the Diff was built only you did. Now a month later you play games and try to force me to accept the diff back. Sorry but thats not how a transaction is handled.

As proof here is your message from the other thread showing just how you conduct yourself:
If I was you, having no way to get my money back, but the guy is willing to ship the part back. Then I would take what I could get and not wait to see what people think you should get. I have proof there was a refund sent...

Options are
A) Get the diff shipped back, resale it.
B) Get the diff shipped back, resale it.
C) Get the diff shipped back, resale it.

Last edited by Cross; 10-11-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Detoxx03
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 245 Posts

OP you misrepresented the diff and you have to pay the piper.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:40 AM
brandon1566
Burning Brakes

Friends? No I've purchased from him, he was inquiring to buy my car not to long ago. I read your ad a while ago I was interested in the gears before I decided to sell the car. I would have done the same if I purchased the diff, frankly gears are not built as you described. I understand you are mad but, it's sellers responsibility to accurately represent the product. From what you posted and what unit tax said you failed in that department. The buyer shouldn't have to "assume" as you said that they are getting a "built" rear when it is described as a built rear.

Your post should have rear uni trax diff with 3:90 gear swap and new seals. You both would have avoided a head ache. Good luck to you both, I see you both feel taken advantage of but to me it's clear who is in the wrong with ad posted ect.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Cold6.2
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cross
Look I can play the let's get friends and have them post supporting us game, in over 10 years of buying and selling I have made quite a few.

The Diff has not been misrepresented what has happened is you assumed something. As shown the diff is built exactly as stated in the thread, you just thought you were getting a different build (which no one else knows why) for 850 shipped that normally costs 2300+ Shipping. Thats not my fault thats yours for assuming it was something else.
It states:

Now when I asked Unitrax via email I got a response that said the following:

However instead of turning this into some circus of calling friends in I will post my feedback from a few forums over 10 years and let that do that talking. I offered to work with you if the diff was other than stated and I believe I have shown that up top but I will quote it again just to be clear. However it came back clearly built as described and Unitrax never told you it was stock with a cheap rebuild that was not treated.
What this is is nothing more than buyers remorse. A month later you decided it was not what you wanted and you lie about filing a charge back. I stood behind the product it is exactly as describe you just expected more. Then you think friends posting will change that.

Here is my feedback across a few forums just as an example:
http://forums.probetalk.com/itrader.php?u=41107
http://ls1tech.com/forums/itrader.php?u=107427
http://www.rs25.com/forums/itrader.php?u=32637

Now thats just a few but I think it gets the point across. I can go further if you would like.

The point here is that you assumed something, tried to file a charge back a month later and never said anything. Then when you were caught the next day (You filed on the 8th, I texted you on the 9th and we had a longer conversation about you being on the forums checking the thread I will post those messages for you) you denied it but suddenly said the diff was not built as quoted above.

I provided the exact product described, in the condition promised and it is backed by Joe @ CPR who inspected it before I bought it from 1SikVette. My only issue is it would not fit my car as I was told it would, I accepted that and resold it here.
1sikvette felt bad about telling me it would fit and worked to help me sell it by posting it on eBay. I didn't know about that until you told me but it made sense to me I paid more than you did (950) and he has been working with me to get me the remaining balance.

So again at the end of the day no other person posting interest in the original thread misunderstood how the Diff was built only you did. Now a month later you play games and try to force me to accept the diff back. Sorry but thats not how a transaction is handled.

As proof here is your message from the other thread showing just how you conduct yourself:
Okay, where have you caught me in a lie? I can post Itrader also who cares, and the whole 30 days BS means nothing, Paypal has a 45 day deadline, but I had the dealings with scammers before on eBay I have learned Paypal isnt out to help you. They will end up telling you to **** off and there isnt anything you can do about it. I spoke with them yesterday and the out come isnt going to be what you want to hear. So stop playing a losing battle save faith and take the diff back and resale it. But you dont want to do that now because you will have a bad rep here and you probably wont sell it. But you just keep beating that dead horse and keep trying to put me down because thats going over well too. You act like I stole from you, if you wanted to end this conflict like you said all you have to do is PM your address and Ill ship the diff back. You have your diff and I'll have my money and Ill start looking for a legit rear diff not another stock one with a gear swap....
Old 10-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Cold6.2
Instructor

My iTrader
Old 10-11-2013, 12:25 PM
Cross
Pro

I posted the Diff exactly as 1SikVette posted it and sold it to me, so again you can keep making the claim I misrepresented it and telling everyone that its a refund not a charge back as well as asking for friends to post on your behalf. If you really want to start that how about I start with Joe @ CPR, Steve @ Loud Pedal Motorsports and others who know me and considering Joe inspected the diff for me when I bought it from 1SikVette I doubt your going to be able to again refute Unitrax, Joe the Owner at CPR and the listing I copied and pasted for a T From when I bought it for more.

You are the one beating a dead horse, filing a charge back without ever contacting me because you flat out knew you assumed something that was clearly listed as what it was and in the end your ploy is to force me to accept what you want. I just will not do that.

I have shown your actions, I have linked the original post and the post I bought it from. However since this seems to have to be a debate of "Who can I get to come say what I want" I will apparently have to do the same because you're going to say anything you can to apparently try and show this as something else.

Here again is the original FS Thread posted by me:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-p...ith-3-90s.html

Here is the Thread I bought it from posted by 1SikVette:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-p...06-bumper.html

There has been no representation that was unclear. The item is clearly stated as how its built and whats done by both Unitrax and myself. It says exactly how Unitrax built it leaving nothing out.
Attached Images  
Old 10-11-2013, 12:47 PM
brandon1566
Burning Brakes

It's understandable you posted it as it was sold to you. The seller from what I read also told you it would fit your car. You represented it as it was represented to you. Cold called uni trac and got what it actually was which is not what it was represented as.

I'm not calling you a liar, we are all a corvette family. All I'm saying Is from what I've read cold bought a product that was misrepresented by the original owner. I would re sell the diff with the proper listing and forget about it, he offered to cover the shipping back.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Cross
Pro

And since you asked me to show you lying here you go:
1st Lie, you claiming to talk to Unitrax:
30222 is the number, I'll text you the picture. I wouldn't have brought it up at all, but I got the email of a refund while I was at work and forgot about it completely until you contacted me last night about it. I would like to settle this like men and agree on a fair conclusion to the matter, when I spoke with unitrax, took him 3-4 mins to find the info on the number and he said it was a untreated gear set (non micro polished) and the shop who sent it in said they wanted the cheapest swap done, it was done in 07. So that led me to believe it didn't have 10k miles on it and it was filthy, my stock 67k mile diff doesn't look as this case did. He quoted me $2300 to build the diff like it thought it was built from the get go. Zip corvettes say it's worth $200 as a core and they wouldn't buy a 05. I'm sure we can work up a agreement or return and you can resale it. As far as a charge back I still don't know where that's coming from.
Unitrax's Email Yet Again for you (Should sink in one of these times...):
Hello:

Thank you,

Devin B. King
UNITRAX Drivetrain, Inc.
1280 North Sunshine Way
Anahiem, CA 92806-1746
devin@gounitrax.com

Lie 2, You didn't file a Charge Back:
Here you go, trying to put people on blast. I told you I know nothing about a charge back, this is all I know.
So before you jump the gun and hang me like a bitch, maybe you should handle this in the morning like we said in the text, but no my phone goes off again with a email that you posted this. SMH I've never screwed anyone over ever and you run like a juvenile child and spread BS about me. I've got to be at work in 5 hrs, like I said earlier it's 11pm this could wait till the morning.

Would you like me to continue?

Oh and lets deal with this Refund Story of yours. If that was true and you just thought you were getting a refund, why if you already have the money as you have said already:
The refund has cleared my bank and I don't want the diff since its just a gear swap not "BUILT" I'm read in the OP. Im tired of dealing with this already.
And making it clear you have no intention of returning it supposedly:
Why wasn't the Diff already returned? Because you had no intention of doing so until I caught on to what you did. Now you're trying to make it seem like you just randomly got a refund and that you had no idea what was going on but you're willing to ship the diff back because you never filed a charge back. As pointed out above that's not true you did so on the 8th with the intent of keeping the diff and the money if you could get away with it.

If you had truly just magically and randomly gotten a refund for 850.00 wouldn't you be asking the seller why? (Not filing a charge back)

Last edited by Cross; 10-11-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Cold6.2
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cross
And since you asked me to show you lying here you go:
1st Lie, you claiming to talk to Unitrax:

Unitrax's Email Yet Again for you (Should sink in one of these times...):

Lie 2, You didn't file a Charge Back:

Would you like me to continue?

Oh and lets deal with this Refund Story of yours. If that was true and you just thought you were getting a refund, why if you already have the money as you have said already:
Oh so I forged the PayPal email now? Wow....its getting deep in here.

And making it clear you have no intention of returning it supposedly:

Why wasn't the Diff already returned? Because you had no intention of doing so until I caught on to what you did. Now you're trying to make it seem like you just randomly got a refund and that you had no idea what was going on but you're willing to ship the diff back because you never filed a charge back. As pointed out above that's not true you did so on the 8th with the intent of keeping the diff and the money if you could get away with it.

If you had truly just magically and randomly gotten a refund for 850.00 wouldn't you be asking the seller why? (Not filing a charge back)
Call the number here

Yea I called him, left a message and he called back, then I called and spoke with him.

This is a waste of my time. I will toss the diff in the trash when I get home since you dont want it. Im done with this thread its clear whos in the right and whos not.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Navybluevette
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

This is turning into a ****'n contest, I'm surprised the moderator hasn't locked this thread.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Cross
Pro

You're Refund Email picture says the Refund would clear on the 4th.

The Charge Back Screen Shot from Paypal shows it was filed on the 8th.

So even if we try to attempt to believe your story that you just got a refund, then how do you explain that on the 8th you filed a charge back?

Here let me use some crayon and draw you a few circles.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:53 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,318 Likes on 2,767 Posts

Originally Posted by Navybluevette
This is turning into a ****'n contest, I'm surprised the moderator hasn't locked this thread.
Hitting the Report Post icon under one of the postings would alert us to a thread that's gone south. We don't see them all.

That said the OP has had his say, the other party has responded and nothing else can be accomplished further here.

Please take future commentary to PM and do not continue the conflict in the open forum areas.

Get notified of new replies

To Problem arising with Cold6.2

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Problem arising with Cold6.2