Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Very bad experience with topspeedneed

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 05:43 PM
ZORRO MAN
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Very bad experience with topspeedneed

Bought a set of wheels from tony fiano and he stated they were brand new. Then he corrected that claim by saying they were like new . We agreed on a price and he was going to include the lugs and center caps and carefully pack up and ship , as he told me and assured me he has done many times before... Well, the wheels were not as like new as he stated,, his poor packing job led to damage in the shipping process and to boot he lied about shipping times and held the wheels an extra 5 days after payment. Once i questioned him he assured me that he had sent them out and that i would have them on monday november 4th. They were shipped 1 day later than he said and did not arrive until tuesday novemner 5th. Not horrible however the rest of the story gets worse. The one rear rim had gotten damaged i would guess by the postal service when they dropped it along the way. Funny thing the same wheel was showing signs of corrosion inside the wheel and this was never mentioned. He also lied and said he sent the lugs out seperately as not to damage the wheels. I have still never received the lugs ,so,......... I really don't believe a word this guy says. I filed a pay pal dispute and he tried to get me to close the dispute in order to negotiate a resolution with me. I tried to resolve this and asked him to call me however he refused to stating it was against pay pal rules to negotiate with me unless i close the case first so i followed through and escilated this dispute to a pay pal claim. This guy is one of worse guys i have dealt with on the forum or anywhere else for that matter. I am sorry that i got invoved with him and would never deal with him again. I guess that is why he despirately tried to persuade me to send him certified funds! Shame on you tony fiano, karma willget you. Do unto others as you would have done to you!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:59 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

always always always get pics first...also insist on insurance and be prepared to pay extra for good packing. Not saying this is your fault I am just saying there are ways to prevent these kind of things from happening.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:46 PM
TopSpeedNeed
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

Default The Rest of the Story ---

What Albert failed to mention, is that he got a bunch of pictures of the wheels before hand, so he knows there was no damage and or rust as he states, AND Albert is the one who wanted to use PayPal, I don't like using PayPal, because first of all, they take the Payor's money right away, and take their time giving it to the Payee, and on top of that, they are now charging 9%, so that being said, I would rather get a cashiers check, and I would have shipped the wheels right away, but he wanted to use PayPal, and yes, I did not ship the wheels until the money was in my account, even then, it was only one day later,,, get a life dude... So, he gets the wheels, and right away I get an e-mail from Albert asking where his lug nuts were, I told him I shipped in a smaller, separate box, because I didn't want them to scratch "HIS" wheels, I was actually looking out for him, and he actually thanked me, and said he would be looking for them in the mail. Never did he mention ANYTHING about "damaged boxes, damaged wheels, rusted wheels", so that tells me right there, there was not a problem with the wheels, and hopefully, you read into that too. So a few days later, another e-mail and a text, it was a simple, "no lug nuts yet",,, I told him I would run to the post office and see if I could get a tracking number, because I didn't get one when I shipped them because I didn't think I would need it, anyway, they could not help me, so I was mad at myself but I just knew they were going to show. Keep in mind, in that "no lug nuts" e-mail, the was not a "we need to talk about these damaged wheels, or we have to talk about these rusted wheels", it was simply, "no lug nuts yet". So he e-mails me yesterday with a little attitude, and I simply told him to go to NAPA or where ever he wanted, and buy some lug nuts, and I would mail him the twenty bucks, and then I said better yet, "I will PayPal you the twenty bucks", but only after he mailed me a receipt, because for all I know, he probably has them. Then suddenly I get a notice from PayPal telling me he disputed the transaction. So I e-mailed him and explained, the best case scenario for him, was that if won the dispute, he would have to pay to ship the wheels back to me, then he would get his money back, so it would cost him 110 bucks to dispute the transaction, and the whole time, I thought he was filing the dispute because of the lug nuts, so, in my e-mail I told him to cancel the dispute and we could talk about the lug nuts, because I talked to PayPal's customer service, and she told me that, "if I disputed his dispute, I agree to let PayPal do the investigation and they decide basically who wins and who gets the money, and I agree not to communicate or negotiate with him during that time, and that's why I told him to cancel the dispute, and at that time I had not disputed his claim. I waited about 30 minutes or so and I didn't hear from Albert, so I disputed his claim, and then of course Albert texted me, asking me to call him to work this out, and I told him that I could not until he canceled his dispute, and that's when I found out about the lies about the damaged wheels, damaged boxes, and supposedly corrosion. So in short, for seven days, and numerous e-mails and texts, Albert has no problems with damaged boxes, wheels or corrosion, just missing lug nuts. And you see how much energy he is wasting over missing lug nuts, which is worth about twenty bucks, what do you think Albert would do if he received wheels in a damaged box, damaged wheels and rusty wheels, that he just paid 450 bucks for, he probably would have driven down here to confront me, but the truth is, "THEY WERENT DAMAGED OR RUSTED', for seven days he never mentions it, then he gets frustrated with the lug nut deal and makes all this up, I have pictures, I have e-mails and texts with time stamps and dates corroborating my side, and I am going to love it when Albert gets an e-mail from PayPal telling him he lost the dispute, and even when I told the lady the story, she told me to send her everything, and she said it should be a "slam dunk" for me. Your right Albert, "what goes around, comes around", and Karma is a bitch...

Last edited by TopSpeedNeed; 11-13-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Very bad experience with topspeedneed

Quick Reply: Very bad experience with topspeedneed