Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Rick "Corvette" Conti does NOT return phone calls

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 07:21 PM
MiamiC7
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rick "Corvette" Conti does NOT return phone calls

To all forum Members: I placed an order for a black 3LT Z51 Vert with Rick "Corvette" Conti over 5 weeks ago back in December. Rick sent me my order and after I reviewed it, I had a couple of questions in which I e-mailed Rick. No reply. I figured he was busy selling Vettes and I would not bother him until the order started to move and I could be efficient with my time and ask him all my questions in one setting. My order has been stuck at 1100 even though Rick stated that he has allocation for the Z51 Vert and I should receive my vette around Feb. I live in Miami and this was important to me. It has been over 5 weeks and my order is still at 1100, so I called Rick this week and left him a message. I also texted him and e-mailed him asking if he has Z51 allocation this week and when will my Order be submitted to GM. I never heard back from Rick. So, I called him again and left another message. Unfortunately, and to my dismay, Rick never returned my two phone calls, nor did he reply to my e-mail or text. I am an attorney who practices in Miami, and I am very busy, but I always find time to communicate back with my clients to address their concerns. I have not bothered Rick and this was only my third phone call to him, the first when I placed my Order. The second and third phone this week, which has went unanswered. I think his failure to communicate back with me is very unprofessional.
Rick, will you please call me back and answer my question of: Do you have any allocations (Z51) this week to place my order? Please Advise. Thank you.
Anthony S in Fla.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:34 PM
Torch Red C7
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MiamiC7
To all forum Members: I placed an order for a black 3LT Z51 Vert with Rick "Corvette" Conti over 5 weeks ago back in December. Rick sent me my order and after I reviewed it, I had a couple of questions in which I e-mailed Rick. No reply. I figured he was busy selling Vettes and I would not bother him until the order started to move and I could be efficient with my time and ask him all my questions in one setting. My order has been stuck at 1100 even though Rick stated that he has allocation for the Z51 Vert and I should receive my vette around Feb. I live in Miami and this was important to me. It has been over 5 weeks and my order is still at 1100, so I called Rick this week and left him a message. I also texted him and e-mailed him asking if he has Z51 allocation this week and when will my Order be submitted to GM. I never heard back from Rick. So, I called him again and left another message. Unfortunately, and to my dismay, Rick never returned my two phone calls, nor did he reply to my e-mail or text. I am an attorney who practices in Miami, and I am very busy, but I always find time to communicate back with my clients to address their concerns. I have not bothered Rick and this was only my third phone call to him, the first when I placed my Order. The second and third phone this week, which has went unanswered. I think his failure to communicate back with me is very unprofessional.
Rick, will you please call me back and answer my question of: Do you have any allocations (Z51) this week to place my order? Please Advise. Thank you.
Anthony S in Fla.
I have no idea who Rick Conti is...... But why don't you call the main number for the dealership? There is a possibility that he doesn't even work there anymore.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:35 PM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Received 264 Likes on 99 Posts

That is exactly why I never ordered from him. Never returned my calls when asking about ordering/pricing/timing, etc. That was his true colors in my book, so I blew him off--since he did the same.

Sorry to hear issues. If you have deposit--get it back and go elsewhere and re-order from someone who wants your business rather than giving excuses (or certainly never communicating with a buyer).
Old 01-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Art G
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just "talked" with Rick by text a few minutes ago. He has been very ill for the last week but plans to be online all day tomorrow. I'm "cutting him some slack", and I still have confidence that he's going to come through for me. Sorry about your experience.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:43 PM
Wolfmayhem
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I call his cell and he is pretty much always available. He definitely needs some help over there. Good luck. He did ignore some calls when he was sitting with me but he has to do that when he is with a customer. Tough business
Old 01-22-2014, 07:57 PM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

Anthony been very sick since coming back from Detroit and had no time for rest as I have been preparing deliveries best I can.

If there is an emergency I will reach out right away...but your order taken at shutdown and this week is the FIRST WEEK GM has pulled orders......your order is not scheduled for pick up based on our discussions.....you guys cant make the system move fatser than what it is..

Thank-you for your post have a great night!

I know you guys are excited...but you put in a advance order when nothing was going on..stop watching the clock man and you'll be ok....I cannot make this move faster because you have made a mental commitment....I do understand, asking for the same in return

Last edited by RickConti@Coughlin; 01-22-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:58 PM
rocket68
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

I can only express my experience. Rick has been great. Let me drive a C7. Upfront about time frame to place order and get vehicle. He has been exactly correct to this point. He said 6-8 weeks. It has been 3 weeks and my order has been accepted and is being scheduled to be built. He is very busy. I send him an email and he answers within 24 hours or sooner. When you are there with him, he gives you undivided attention. I spent over 3 hours looking and trying to decide on what options I wanted. He is the best in my book.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:58 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Wow, good luck with that OP, I hope it's because he's ill (wishing him a speedy recovery) and not because he's not interested.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:03 PM
Stingray Al
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

My experience with dealers is:

When cars sell themselves, don't expect return calls etc…

In a bad market they will bug the $hit out of you
Old 01-22-2014, 08:06 PM
2014C7
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Rick is THE MAN in my book, I ordered and the car came faster than I thought by 2 months. Z51 with carbon dash. etc..

He is busy, but my experience was GREAT!

Be cool, he will make it happen.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:12 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 933 Likes on 488 Posts
Tech Contributor

He missed a few phone calls with me but in general, I never was out in the cold as his website always gave me my status. I could always text him and get an answer.As my car got nearer, I found him to be avail at any time. I'll buy from him again in 24 months or so..

and IMO, blasting a vendor on line is low class.....I'd return your money if I was him, he does not need this...

Last edited by Glen e; 01-22-2014 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:15 PM
ferravette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

At least he came on here and answered you. More than i can say for Kerbeck. Does not matter as they lost my business and a previous customer. No to mention 3 other of my friends. But they are big enough not to give a chit.

But yea, like Stingray AL said, when cars sell themselves most dealers do not really care to return phone calls.

Good luck, when you do get it you will love this car.

Originally Posted by MiamiC7
Anthony S in Fla.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:21 PM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RickConti@Coughlin

I know you guys are excited...but you put in a advance order when nothing was going on..stop watching the clock man and you'll be ok....I cannot make this move faster because you have made a mental commitment....I do understand, asking for the same in return
Wow--great way to talk to people.

To the OP get your money back and go elsewhere. Nothing worse than a salesperson making excuses (not talking about being sick--but the whole "stop watching the clock" stuff).

Old 01-22-2014, 08:21 PM
Rossi6998
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

First off, I do not know Rick Conti and I have never spoken to or dealt with him. Having said that, procedures should be in place to handle situations like this. Nothing bothers me more then someone not taking the time to return my phone call, e-mail, or text.

I too tried to reach out to a salesman on the Corvette Forum because I appreciate the time they put into the forum. I explained what I wanted and mentioned I was pre-qualified for a loan. If that does not scream, I am prepared and ready to buy, then nothing does... After offering to give me a quote on my C6, his response was too slow as if he was doing me a favor and would get around to it eventually. I was willing to drive six hours to buy the Corvette if we could come to a gentleman's agreement. Through this whole incident, it seemed like I was chasing him instead of him trying to earn my business. I don't ask anyone to kiss my ***, but I do ask for responsiveness.

I finally decided to go with a local dealer and ordered the Corvette I wanted instead of settling for one on the lot. I got the same basic deal and the Fleet Manager I am dealing with is very reachable and extremely responsive to my questions and concerns.

Again, I am not trying to be a jerk to Rick and kick a man while he is sick, but have an alternate plan and ask for some help. The demand on these vehicles is high and a lot of buyers are excited and impatient to get their hands on one.

Just my $.02
Old 01-22-2014, 08:24 PM
Goaty
Pro

Received 199 Likes on 88 Posts

Just call Tommy Jr. or Mike Furman and you won't have any other issues.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:26 PM
1hawk
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rick Conti

Does not return e-mails and lacks professional courtesy!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 08:29 PM
locoracer83
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know Rick Conti, other than by his very visible presence in the Corvette sales industry; he was getting allocations when few others could. That speaks volumes. Rick seemingly gets rave reviews and I would think the OP, as a Florida resident, must have some similar perceptions which drove him to Rick. I think it is equally well known that getting C7 orders processed, completed and delivered is quite the challenge these days. I was anxious to get my C7 and I made my share of calls checking in with my dealer.

That said, I don't agree with the practice of public floggings of a dealership or sales rep. If you aren't happy just move on and speak with your dollars. I wouldn't use a general discussion forum to paint a guy into a corner--not cool. Just my two cents.

Get notified of new replies

To Rick "Corvette" Conti does NOT return phone calls

Old 01-22-2014, 08:32 PM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
He missed a few phone calls with me but in general, I never was out in the cold as his website always gave me my status. I could always text him and get an answer.As my car got nearer, I found him to be avail at any time. I'll buy from him again in 24 months or so..

and IMO, blasting a vendor on line is low class.....I'd return your money if I was him, he does not need this...
Blasting a vendor? Sorry - gotta disagree. I've read the original post multiple times - appears to me to be a calm, detailed, honest history of events (or lack there of). If the truth speaks unfavorably to the vendor that ISN'T the "consumer's" fault. He's frustrated and wanted some leverage to obtain a response. Since this IS business seems fair to me.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:37 PM
astrotx
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mksz51
Blasting a vendor? Sorry - gotta disagree. I've read the original post multiple times - appears to me to be a calm, detailed, honest history of events (or lack there of). If the truth speaks unfavorably to the vendor that ISN'T the "consumer's" fault. He's frustrated and wanted some leverage to obtain a response. Since this IS business seems fair to me.
BINGO. People need to make their own decisions. Knowing past experiences of buyers is important. Heck, Yelp has made a business out of this.

It's the internet--that's what happens, people talk--pro or con. If he had a great experience he would have posted that as well I'm sure.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:37 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

It sounds like Rick told the OP his order would be "picked up" (aka queued for production) in February and the OP thought Rick said the car would be there in February.

Not returning phone calls or email.....

Jimmy

Quick Reply: Rick "Corvette" Conti does NOT return phone calls