Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

monster clutch issues

Old 08-04-2014, 03:12 PM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ls6in
Funds sent, I'll stick to my atleast 45 minutes of cool down unless you say it needs more.
It'll leave today.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:45 PM
JChastain
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like impressive costumer service to me. I'm having a monster stage 2 installed next week. This thread helps my feelings .
Old 08-04-2014, 08:47 PM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JChastain
Looks like impressive costumer service to me. I'm having a monster stage 2 installed next week. This thread helps my feelings .
I appreciate that!

We've always provided great customer service and support, or at least tried our damnedest. If you need anything at all don't hesitate to ask!
Old 08-05-2014, 09:12 AM
Ls6in
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with the car and new clutch. How do you plan on using the car? Since I've made this thread I've had 2 individuals pm me with their own monster clutch problems, I'll leave it up to them to share and I invited them to do so in this thread. I'm not trying to bash but everyone should be in the loop especially if they are paying someone to do the clutch swap, possibly twice. I unfortunately have it down to about 5-6 hours lol.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:14 AM
JChastain
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's mainly a street car so hopefully I'll be ok. Fingers crossed
Old 08-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Ls6in
Instructor

Good luck with the car man! Be sure to document your break in miles/procedure.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:55 AM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

Good luck with the car and new clutch. How do you plan on using the car? Since I've made this thread I've had 2 individuals pm me with their own monster clutch problems, I'll leave it up to them to share and I invited them to do so in this thread. I'm not trying to bash but everyone should be in the loop especially if they are paying someone to do the clutch swap, possibly twice. I unfortunately have it down to about 5-6 hours lol.
I'll be blunt -

If you do not like the decision made just let me know. I'm not in the habit of giving product away to people who are going to promote negativity to my brand. If you are not happy with the decision and you're going to encourage others to post publicly and complain about their product then by all means say so. I'll contact FedEx and turn the package sent yesterday around and gladly refund you the $180 you sent yesterday so that you can use another brand.

I feel that what I did was more than fair. For you to post what you did above is a low blow in my opinion. Hell, anyone that says they manufacture clutch parts without any issues ever coming up is outright liars, period. That said, to say you've got two people complaining to you pales in comparison to the hundreds I've sold to Corvette owners this year. I could just as easily reach out to the guys that email me and pm me about how they love their Monsters and that they've been the best clutch they've ever used... seems a bit silly to me in this thread considering the information posted and the outcome.

Let me know if you're wanting to go to another brand, if your wanting to stick with Monster I'd appreciate it if the off comments about "keeping up with your break in/procedures" and "to record every pass" stops as it's just ridiculous. The clutch was overheated, that's not a defect it's an affect caused by the driver. I know you don't want to hear it but it is what it is, like it or not. I stepped up and helped you out, I'd like to have some appreciation shown.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Ls6in
Instructor

Thanks for the reply, and your effort to correct this. I'm going to resurface the flywheel and keep the parts I have coming. I'm probably going to run a different brand at some point. I'll decide what I want to do with the monster. I'm simply telling people to do exactly what you asked of me. I'm sorry I didn't record my runs to show the clutch wasn't abused.
Originally Posted by SNL/MonsterClutchCo
I'll be blunt -

If you do not like the decision made just let me know. I'm not in the habit of giving product away to people who are going to promote negativity to my brand. If you are not happy with the decision and you're going to encourage others to post publicly and complain about their product then by all means say so. I'll contact FedEx and turn the package sent yesterday around and gladly refund you the $180 you sent yesterday so that you can use another brand.

I feel that what I did was more than fair. For you to post what you did above is a low blow in my opinion. Hell, anyone that says they manufacture clutch parts without any issues ever coming up is outright liars, period. That said, to say you've got two people complaining to you pales in comparison to the hundreds I've sold to Corvette owners this year. I could just as easily reach out to the guys that email me and pm me about how they love their Monsters and that they've been the best clutch they've ever used... seems a bit silly to me in this thread considering the information posted and the outcome.

Let me know if you're wanting to go to another brand, if your wanting to stick with Monster I'd appreciate it if the off comments about "keeping up with your break in/procedures" and "to record every pass" stops as it's just ridiculous. The clutch was overheated, that's not a defect it's an affect caused by the driver. I know you don't want to hear it but it is what it is, like it or not. I stepped up and helped you out, I'd like to have some appreciation shown.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:47 AM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

Thanks for the reply, and your effort to correct this. I'm going to resurface the flywheel and keep the parts I have coming. I'm probably going to run a different brand at some point. I'll decide what I want to do with the monster. I'm simply telling people to do exactly what you asked of me. I'm sorry I didn't record my runs to show the clutch wasn't abused.
I asked for information to try and prove the point you were attempting to make with me, which is you didn't slip the clutch on a car that went 1.5 60's... I do this daily, this isn't something that I take lightly. When there is a problem that arises I'm all about trying to find out what actually happened, your story wasn't aligning with what the clutch looked like, I asked you to provide information based on what you were telling me and you couldn't.

I'm refunding the $180 and turning the product around, I think the underlying tone in what you write speaks volumes for the intentions you have. I'd recommend taking what you learned here and selecting/using another brand clutch, hopefully you'll have better luck with it than you did mine.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:50 AM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

It's mainly a street car so hopefully I'll be ok. Fingers crossed
You'll be absolutely fine. Give us a shout if you have any other questions, we'll be more than happy to get you taken care of.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Ls6in
Instructor

I asked for information to try and prove the point you were attempting to make with me, which is you didn't slip the clutch on a car that went 1.5 60's... I do this daily, this isn't something that I take lightly. When there is a problem that arises I'm all about trying to find out what actually happened, your story wasn't aligning with what the clutch looked like, I asked you to provide information based on what you were telling me and you couldn't.

I'm refunding the $180 and turning the product around, I think the underlying tone in what you write speaks volumes for the intentions you have. I'd recommend taking what you learned here and selecting/using another brand clutch, hopefully you'll have better luck with it than you did mine.
That's good business, say you're going to do something and then go back on what you tried to do to make it right. I was willing to give the clutch another shot a few weekends from now and post the results.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:52 AM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

Refund has been done and FedEx has been contacted.

Good luck with your future clutch purchase, I hope you have a better experience than what we've had here.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Ls6in
Instructor

You pride yourself on have the best customer service in the industry huh. I'll be sure to make a note of how well you handled this.
Refund has been done and FedEx has been contacted.

Good luck with your future clutch purchase, I hope you have a better experience than what we've had here.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:06 PM
Ls6in
Instructor

You'll be absolutely fine. Give us a shout if you have any other questions, we'll be more than happy to get you taken care of.
I'm sure this screams security with your customer service. How do you as company take it upon yourself to issue me a refund and turn the product around after we arrived at the fact you were sending me replacement parts?
Old 08-05-2014, 12:12 PM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

That's good business, say you're going to do something and then go back on what you tried to do to make it right. I was willing to give the clutch another shot a few weekends from now and post the results.
You pride yourself on have the best customer service in the industry huh. I'll be sure to make a note of how well you handled this.
Your actions on a public forum is why I made the decision I did.

This isn't WalMart, you don't get to do whatever you like and we set here while you're doing it. You were asked a couple of times in this thread to be appreciative and you clearly showed your intention. At that point it has absolutely nothing to do with customer service but everything to do with respect and apprecition of the situation. You couldn't provide the information to back up your claim of not slipping the clutch and overheating it... then you repeat over and over how you have to document everything you do now as a "requirement"... come on man?

Like I said, I'm all about helping people out. Giving you a free pressure plate, bolts, and shipping when you were the cause of the clutch failure only to have you come on here and post what you did? I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen.

If anyone wants to judge me and my company based off this thread as poor customer service then so be it, but anyone that actually reads the entire thread and sees what is actually being written would put themselves in my position and make the same call I did. My customer service is fantastic and I go above and beyond, but anything has it's limits and you found mine.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:13 PM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

I'm sure this screams security with your customer service. How do you as company take it upon yourself to issue me a refund and turn the product around after we arrived at the fact you were sending me replacement parts?
Re-read all of my responses.

I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. You took it upon yourself to respond like you did after getting tracking based on your logic above... that in and of itself speaks volumes about the way you do things.

Most people have an issue, we come to a resolution, and they move on... you on the other hand did not.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Ls6in
Instructor

Your actions on a public forum is why I made the decision I did.

This isn't WalMart, you don't get to do whatever you like and we set here while you're doing it. You were asked a couple of times in this thread to be appreciative and you clearly showed your intention. At that point it has absolutely nothing to do with customer service but everything to do with respect and apprecition of the situation. You couldn't provide the information to back up your claim of not slipping the clutch and overheating it... then you repeat over and over how you have to document everything you do now as a "requirement"... come on man?

Like I said, I'm all about helping people out. Giving you a free pressure plate, bolts, and shipping when you were the cause of the clutch failure only to have you come on here and post what you did? I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen.

If anyone wants to judge me and my company based off this thread as poor customer service then so be it, but anyone that actually reads the entire thread and sees what is actually being written would put themselves in my position and make the same call I did. My customer service is fantastic and I go above and beyond, but anything has it's limits and you found mine.
I understand this isn't Walmart, so I wasn't sure why I got A Walmart clutch, and I was making it clear that when I took your clutch out a few weekends from now I was going to document everything and report back, hopefully with good news.

Last edited by Ls6in; 08-05-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To monster clutch issues

Old 08-05-2014, 12:20 PM
Ls6in
Instructor

Like you mentioned again, I'm sorry i don't race on espn to provide you with video proof of the conditions the clutch was under and at the point it comes down a he said he said. I want people to use the clutch and report.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:43 PM
etekberg
Drifting

Received 256 Likes on 122 Posts

I think I know what my next clutch won't be. LOL
Old 08-05-2014, 12:44 PM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

Like you mentioned again, I'm sorry i don't race on espn to provide you with video proof of the conditions the clutch was under and at the point it comes down a he said he said. I want people to use the clutch and report.
It's not he-said-she-said.

Clutches do not do what yours did without overheating the setup, IE slipping it. You say you're launching the car between 4200-4800 rpm while going 1.5's. I tell you you're slipping it, you say you're not. The only reason one would say that is that you realize the issue and potentially being your fault and you want to place blame on my product. Most companies want to do the same, I'm different. I work backwards and see what in the product could have caused that... I've told you what causes that, it's heat. Heat introduced when launching your car. When you said you didn't slip the clutch on those 60's at that rpm I questioned you and asked the only two things that could potentially back up your claim which is -
  1. Provide timeslips showing cool down
  2. Provide video showing you don't slip the clutch and just drop it while launching.
You couldn't do it. You have two time slips over an hour and a half apart... even if you started at 7:30 and left at 10 (7:30 timeslip you have and 10 is when you said you left) you don't have enough time to do 45 minute cool down times. You would have to arrive at 6:00 and not have any traffic/wait times in the lanes, etc. And that's a perfect world.

If the friction wasn't discolored/damaged from heat then I would absolutely replace it and the pressure plate under warranty without question, but that's not the case here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: monster clutch issues