Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Ripped off by apsis - warning!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 03:18 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Ripped off by apsis - warning!!!

I am so sick to my stomach. Never in all my years have I been so ripped off and disrespected by a vendor claiming to represent "quality".

Jersey Wu from APSIS USA sold me $6998 SuperDeluxe corvette seats and also supplied/furnished the stock C5 seat cores (for $980), in order to build his "custom", "high-quality" aftermarket seats. All in all, I paid about $9000 including shipping to receive these seats! Like an idiot, I wrote a check.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...ember-pix.html

What I received is absolutely disgusting.

Seat problems:
  • The stock seats cores supplied by APSIS are in TERRIBLE condition. Dirty, worn out, broken and non-functional.
  • The stock seat core's (with tracks) are worn out and filthy dirty - they didn't even bother to clean them up given the $7000 + $980 core charge I paid them!
  • BOTH seat backs (passenger and driver) will not lock into place! Both seat backs rock forward, even when in a "locked" position! How am I supposed to drive my car when both seats swing forward when I step on the brake?? How did they not ensure these seats were fully functional before they used them to make their "high-quality" custom seats?? They didn't need a C5 for this, they could have checked all of this without putting them in a car.
  • Driver seat controls are all beat up, worn out and dirty. Do they even function since they didn't test them??
  • Seat back release handle on the driver seat is dirty, scuffed/scratched and it is stripped. It doesn't even work! I can't operate the lever without it slipping on the shaft. The shaft for the seat back release handle is stripped and the "teeth" on the handle cannot grab the "teeth" on the shaft. It just slips when you pull the handle.
  • TERRIBLE leather finishing around the edges of both seats - where they glued the leather to the carbon seat backs/sides. You can see the very ugly jagged cuts in the leather and the glue is showing everywhere. What kind of quality is that? They didn't even add a simple strip to cover all of that up! They didn't even bother to finish the job nicely! Is that quality, worthy of $8000 seats???
  • The leather at the bottom of the sides of each seat are badly glued together (bottom front and bottom rear)...there is excess leather just glued together and hanging there. It looks terrible! Terrible craftsmanship!

See link to pictures here: Looks far worse in person

https://plus.google.com/photos/10446...Kjk0oe82cqQ9AE

Crude video links: only shows drivers seat but passenger seat has the same issues

After some ridiculous responses and arguing back and forth, Jersey finally agreed (in writing) to pay to take the seats back, have me send suitable replacement seat core's and he'd redo the seats...then the very next morning I get this amazing response (telling me to pound sand...that he's changed his mind and is not responsible for the broken seats he sold me)!!!

"After further thought I decide not to refund you the broken core seats since we just purchase for you per your request and have paid for it. So this pair of broken seat is yours.

We have to pay for shipping for both ways and if we have to eat the cost of purchasing that pair of broken core then we are upside down.

We just help purchase that pair of core seats for you per your request. So this is your seat. We shouldn't have to eat it. We will send to you or you can sell to somebody and we can drop ship for you. Both of us just have bad luck for this deal. Totally unexpected.

Jersey Wu

Apsis USA Inc.
1855 New Highway
Suite B
Farmingdale, NY 11735
631-421-6800
Fax: 631-549-8604
www.apsisusa.com
www.eapsisusa.com"

I can't believe anyone would treat a customer this way. He sold me the seat cores and the finished APSIS seats! How can he not be responsible for the the basic functionality, quality and SAFETY of the seats he sold me!!! How can anyone in their right mind take a position like this???

I may be forced to pursue all legal means to go after APSIS unless he pays to ship these seats back, refunds my core charge of $980 and does this job right (with my own seat cores that he told me to supply), and then pays to return ship.

I IMPLORE YOU NOT TO SUPPORT/BUY FROM A VENDOR THAT TREATS CUSTOMERS/FORUM MEMBERS THIS WAY!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Last edited by MotoJB; 08-29-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Dunga
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Jeez man. I'm sorry about that. For how much money you spent I would pursue legal action as well. Good luck mate.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:52 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dunga
Jeez man. I'm sorry about that. For how much money you spent I would pursue legal action as well. Good luck mate.
I am already in contact with my lawyer who is reviewing it...thanks.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:18 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Wow, the latest note from Jersey Wu. Unbelievable. How the heck he continues to insist I'm somehow responsible is mind-blowing. HELP!!!

"If you want me to do the "right thing" for you then please do talk with nasty tone. The more you talk with nasty tone the more I don't even want to talk to you further. I appreciate your business and you are a worthy customer. But if all I try to do for you has no value then you can just do whatever you want and I will just deal with it.

Do a math yourself. How much is the loss for shipping both way? If we have to eat the loss for the **** core seat then how much loss you are expecting us to eat? Yes we are somehow responsible for the **** seat but it's you that ask us to purchase it for you. You are somehow responsible too. How about we share the loss of the **** seat core and then we move forward? Both sides share some loss and we can still finish a nice seat for you. In the future if you ever want to buy something from us then I can give you some discount to compensate you. I think this is the best proposal for you. Let me know if you can accept it.

I understand you are upset when the finished seats don't meet your expectations and you rant with very strong wording. It sounds like nothing we do to the seat has positive at all. For that I just don't buy it since I do pull the seats out to take pictures and I also send the pictures to you and also post them to forum and get all positive comments. So it's not we do lousy job for the leather work. We just have bad luck to buy a **** core seat for you. Other than that we really do nothing wrong in our end. We also help you save money on shipping using our account with trucking company. When you take the advantages you just take it for granted and without showing any kind of appreciation. But when you see issues with the **** core seat then you jump to the roof screaming and yelling. The worst part is intending to use lawyer as excuse to threaten me. I am not young kid on the block and can be threatened by such lawyer execuse. That is the worst approach in my view. If you want to get what you like then please never ever use the lawyer excuse approach again. I would rather see how your lawyer will damage you than sit down and talk to you nicely to help you. In this case you have no ground at all if you want to seek legal approach. I see you are our customer and trying to do my best to help you even though eventually we will lose money from the deal.

Many customers like to say they will go to forum trying to damage our reputation. Trust me you will get nothing from that approach. You will even lose more money than you can get. Apsis build such excellent reputation through sooooooo many year of hard work. Customers see the products, use the products and words starting to spread out. For Apsis' customers they will still come back again and again and again..... regardless what you say. They won't be affected any bit because of your post. Those customers saying they will never buy from Apsis when echo in your post are the guys that NEVER be Apsis' customer. What's the difference to us? Once I respond to your post and tell our side of story then moderator will step in immediately to remove or lock your thread. What will you get? Nothing. But then Apsis won't even bother to talk to you any more and you will pay such high amount of money for a real **** seat. If we can talk in a nicer way to find a solution suitable for both sides then you will still get your seat done the way you expect. A little hick up is not so big deal. It's life and **** things do happen in life. That's the reality.

We can still go back to previous relationship talking in nice way. Please step back, calm down and let's move forward to get your new seats done asap. Let me know if you want to take this route.

Jersey Wu

Apsis USA Inc.
1855 New Highway
Suite B
Farmingdale, NY 11735
631-421-6800
www.apsisusa.com
www.eapsisusa.com
Old 08-27-2014, 10:19 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

My response:

Jersey,

The only reason I "talk nasty" is because of the responses I keep getting from you stating you're not responsible! I respond "nasty" because of your cavalier attitude where you don't seem to care about the customer, are only concerned about your profits and respond in a disrespectful manner (by saying I'm somehow responsible for the core's you provided). It is extremely negligent, disrespectful and just bad business to treat customers this way.

Your "math" doesn't and shouldn't matter here. Why? Because whether you chose to believe it or not, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for the quality of the seat cores if you are the one to offer/supply them to your customers. When you offer the seat cores as an option, then you are responsible to ensure that the cores are fully functional and safe. If you offer the entire seat package (cores + custom build/leather - which you did) then you ARE responsible for the overall quality/functionality of the package! You cannot defer the blame to the customer like this! That doesn't make sense! It's YOUR responsibility to ensure that the cores you sell are good.

If I knew you were buying C5 core seats, sight unseen and not even tested, then I never would have bought the cores from you. If I knew you had no plans to even remotely test them for quality/functionality (nor any plans to even clean them before you made APSIS seats out of them for God's sake), then I would not have bought them from you! If I knew all of this, I would have bought my own core's elsewhere, and made sure they were good!

This is not about just your leather work Jersey, please quit taking all of that personally and focus on the real issue at hand. Yes, I do have some issues with your leather-work for $7000 (which I can point out in a separate email with detailed pictures) but right now, I'm simply concerned that the seats are not even remotely functional. No matter how beautiful you say your leather work is, it doesn't matter if the seats don't work (and are dangerous).

Jersey, I too thought the seats looked great on your forum pictures...until they arrived! Please quit talking about your "amazing quality" and how much people love your work. The fact is, your work in this case is NOT the quality that Apsis states and promises to the Forum. The only one who is "taking advantage" is you here.

For you to basically "threaten me" by saying you'll stick me with these bad seats and do nothing to fix the situation is appalling. For you to expect me to share in the cost on the bad core seats you supplied is also appalling.

Contrary to your belief, this is not a little "hiccup" Jersey - this is $8000 + shipping you took of my hard earned money and you gave me bad seats! That's a LOT of money!

The only reason we're arguing is because you continue to refuse to do what's right. The "loss" to your business to make this situation right is very little, compared to the value of your reputation and standing with the forum. The loss in money for you to do what's right is very little compared to lost future business from customers (myself and others). I don't know why you can't just "take it on the chin" and do what's right here.

Again, this is what I expect from APSIS...accepting anything less is just not right:

1) Apsis pays to return the seats to Apsis
2) Apsis refunds my $980 for the core charge seats you sold me
3) I will provide quality cores to you/Apsis (I will pay to ship to you)
4) Apsis builds my new seats with the core's I provide
5) Apsis pays to return the new/fixed seats to me

I firmly stand behind my work and my word and I believe it's imperative as a business owner that you do the same. I truly believe that if you do what's right for your customers when you make a mistake, your business flourishes and grows (even if you have to lose money on a deal or two, here and there)...however if you screw over customers, your business will ultimately fail.

Please don't screw me over. I truly hope you do what's right here.

MotoJB
Old 08-27-2014, 10:21 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Jersey's response:

Ok just see your post in our thread even after I write a long email to talk to you in a nice way. Now the door is shut. We will see what you will get from trying to slamming our reputation. You don't have to send us new seat. Just go ahead do whatever you think suitable for you. I won't talk to you any more.

Jersey Wu

Apsis USA Inc.
1855 New Highway
Suite B
Farmingdale, NY 11735
631-421-6800
www.apsisusa.com
www.eapsisusa.com
Old 08-28-2014, 11:04 AM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Wow....
I hope you get this resolved soon....

Toque
Old 08-28-2014, 11:35 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

Correction: I was informed that the vendor and buyer had reportedly come to an agreement. I am now told that is not the case. Sorry for the confusion.

However, this thread has become a place for posts by third parties not involved in the transaction.

Please read the following, from the Forum rules on disputes and use of the Transaction Feedback section:

"The thread must not become a running debate on the accuracy of the “facts” and may not deteriorate into an exchange of personal attacks. Neither should be used as an opportunity for speculation by those who do not have direct knowledge of the issue."

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...-disputes.html

Unnecessary commentary by uninvolved third parties will be removed, and further public criticisms of the site will be subject to sanctions:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...questions.html

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 08-28-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:19 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Jersey,

Contrary to what you are telling people, we have not reached an agreeable solution.

I asked you what your thoughts were about a resolution but I certainly never agreed to it. I simply took down my posts in those other threads in good faith, to further negotiate with you. Please do not tell people we resolved things when we didn't.

I stand firm that I should not be liable (not even partially responsible) for the seat core's you provided. APSIS should do the right thing and agree to:

1) Apsis pays to return the Corvette seats to Apsis
2) Apsis refunds my $980 for the core charge seats you sold me
3) I will provide quality cores to you/Apsis (I will pay to ship to you)
4) Apsis builds my new seats with the core's I provide
5) Apsis pays to return the new/fixed seats to me

Because you have not agreed to this rightful settlement, the mods told me I could/should open a feedback/dispute thread, which I did. I gave you several days to agree to this settlement, which you finally did, then you went back on your written word the very next morning. This is when I made the post in the feedback/dispute section (per the guidance of the forum).

If you finally agree to do the right thing (that you originally agreed to), then I will remove all of my posts and make a very nice new thread stating that you've done the right thing, that I now support APSIS and that the misunderstanding is over.

If you do not agree, then this unfortunate situation will continue. I don't want to fight with you or drag this out Jersey. I just want you to fix this situation that is not my fault/responsibility. Please Sir.

I should not have to deal with this for the $11,000 plus dollars I paid you for APSIS products.

Your loss here (by doing the right thing) would be minimal for your business. Not doing the right thing is going to cost a lot more for both of us in the long run.

Please do what's right...and then I'll do everything I can to remove my posts, and post a new thread praising APSIS' response.

Please advise.

Last edited by MotoJB; 08-28-2014 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:21 AM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

NO response from Jersey Wu of APSIS USA after my last email...

Apparently he stands firm by not standing by the quality of his work! According to him, unless I agree to eat HALF of the cost of the crappy stock Corvette seat core's he supplied/sold me to make these seats, AND I pay to buy/ship him new replacement core's, he won't do anything!

CRAZY!!!
Old 08-30-2014, 02:38 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Still no word from Jersey WU of APSIS USA on this matter...I'm sitting here stuck with broken and dirty, $7000 custom, "high-quality" APSIS "SuperDeluxe" seats.

I'd really hate to see what the "Non-SuperDeluxe" version looks like.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:15 PM
theblackvette
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MotoJB
Still no word from Jersey WU of APSIS USA on this matter...I'm sitting here stuck with broken and dirty, $7000 custom, "high-quality" APSIS "SuperDeluxe" seats.

I'd really hate to see what the "Non-SuperDeluxe" version looks like.
I would stand up and no longer sit. While you are at it call for professional assistance, write the BBB, contact attorney general in the state that the business is in, etc. Do not sit anymore. Take action right after the holiday. The seller has appeared to dismiss you and feels you will just sit there. Prove him wrong.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:05 PM
Dunga
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by theblackvette
I would stand up and no longer sit. While you are at it call for professional assistance, write the BBB, contact attorney general in the state that the business is in, etc. Do not sit anymore. Take action right after the holiday. The seller has appeared to dismiss you and feels you will just sit there. Prove him wrong.
Agreed. At this point you have nothing to lose.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:28 PM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 162 Posts

Return them and ask for all of your money back
I would start all over with a company that cares
Jersey bought/provided the cores and as such is responsible for fit, finish and use ability
As mentioned reach out to the attorney general and the bbb ASAP or sooner
Old 09-02-2014, 11:20 AM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

STILL no word from Jersey Wu of APSIS USA.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:19 PM
iwantaz06now
Melting Slicks

Received 165 Likes on 132 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I'd demand all my $ back and send them back. Have him fix them and he'll find another person to buy them, maybe...

Jersey do the right thing and take them back. Step up and take responsibility as a vendor who cares about their customers.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:50 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Looks like we've all shaken Jersey from the tree...just got this email. Thoughts on how I should handle this?

I can see why he wants no further "in writing" however any agreement I want firmly in writing...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No more email exchange with you from now on. Call our toll free 1-800-68APSIS (6827747) to discuss the agreeable solution for both sides.

--
Jersey Wu
APSIS USA INC.
631-421-6800 Fax: 631-549-8604
1855 New Hwy Ste B
Farmingdale, NY 11735-1557
jw@apsisusa.com
apsis@apsisusa.com
www.apsisusa.com
www.eapsisusa.com

Get notified of new replies

To Ripped off by apsis - warning!!!

Old 09-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Treadhead
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Have your attorney call him.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:13 PM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 162 Posts

In writing ONLY
Anything else is heresay and useless
It's simple
Send the seats back and he sends back your money
Old 09-02-2014, 05:46 PM
macdabs
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It sounds like a bad marriage . Why add the stress to your life ,get a refund and move on.
mac

Quick Reply: Ripped off by apsis - warning!!!