Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Corvette America not a reputable company.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 05:56 PM
msb277
4th Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette America not a reputable company.

I recently purchased a dual cup holder from Corvette America. I was charged a higher price online then the same item found in the catalogue they sent with the order. Online was $6.00 higher. Their customer service rep told me that they wouldn't honor the price in the catalogue. His attitude was very poor for someone who is working in customer service. He even questioned why I was upset. I have purchased items from many catalogue companies and have never found that there was a difference in price between their paper catalogue and the online price. Their shipping costs are also out of whack. Not a reputable company as far a I am concerned. Would not recommend using them in the future. Has anyone had a similar experience from Corvette America?
Old 10-02-2014, 12:23 AM
cvette23
Intermediate

Seriously? $6 makes them not a reputable company? Catalogs are outdated the minute they are printed. More than likely there is a disclaimer about pricing somewhere in the catalog...
Old 10-02-2014, 03:45 PM
msb277
4th Gear
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cvette23
Seriously? $6 makes them not a reputable company? Catalogs are outdated the minute they are printed. More than likely there is a disclaimer about pricing somewhere in the catalog...

It is the principal not the price. The customer service rep was very dismissive. I understand prices may change, he has to think to himself that this customer may potentially purchase hundreds or thousands of dollars of future items. Retail 101 do what it takes to keep the customer happy and they will continue to shop the establishment. All he had to do was credit me $6.00 and he has a customer for life. He could explain that on future orders the catalog price may be different from what is online. Now this company will never know how much business they will lose. They do not know how many people I will tell not to shop Corvette America.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:56 PM
cvette23
Intermediate

He probably has guidelines to follow. I've worked in customer service since I've started my working life. With every issue, the customer makes it known that they were going to spend more money and was going to tell EVERYONE. Be serious, no one has that kind of time....

Pricing differentiation between online and print should be common knowledge. Sorry, but that's why I hardly get on here. Nothing but petty complaining to try and hurt a company. It takes the fun out of owning a vette.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:19 AM
unixcorn
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by cvette23
He probably has guidelines to follow. I've worked in customer service since I've started my working life. With every issue, the customer makes it known that they were going to spend more money and was going to tell EVERYONE. Be serious, no one has that kind of time....

Pricing differentiation between online and print should be common knowledge. Sorry, but that's why I hardly get on here. Nothing but petty complaining to try and hurt a company. It takes the fun out of owning a vette.
No offense but I have also worked in customer service and your points are counter to what I have learned. It's much cheaper, in the long run, to create goodwill with customers by giving them what they ask for (within reason). The rep could then explain about online pricing versus their print catalog prices. As for why "you get on here", why would you read these posts if they bother you so much?
Old 02-04-2015, 02:50 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Hey guys seriously without Corvette America there would be NO interior for the cars. They make the majority of it. There are some others out there, but the quality of everyones only got better because of CA. While the customer service agent could have done better, I would not let that ruin your impression of a company.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette America not a reputable company.

Quick Reply: Corvette America not a reputable company.