Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Issue with Breathless Performance C6Z Rollbar

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 08:27 PM
CorvetteZ51Racer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Issue with Breathless Performance C6Z Rollbar

Back in June, I ordered from Breathless Performance a 4-point roll bar for my C6Z. Per the website, it is a custom designed piece only available through Breathless Performance.

When the roll bar showed up, the packaging was labeled as an Autopower roll bar, and included documentation from Autopower. I asked Breathless who fabricates the roll bar. The initial response was that they fabricated it in house. Upon further questioning, they told me it was fabricated by a local partner, and that the packaging which includes their competitors information what they used to protect the bar is shipment. I separately contacted Autopower by phone, and they described the design and construction of the bar without seeing any photos. I subsequently sent them photos, and they said it looked like their bar. I asked Breathless to describe what in their design makes the bar unique. They did not respond to the request for information, despite being asked multiple times.

I subsequently asked to return the bar and a full refund. I was told that the bar was custom and was not accepted for return, but that he would talk to the office and inquire. I was told to call the next day and ask for Nalanie to obtain a return authorization. I did so, and was told that no one by that name worked there and was hung up on. I sent a follow up email stating that I had been told that no one named Nalanie worked there. I received no response to any further contact.

I filed a claim with my credit card company, which was denied because Breathless told them that instructions to return the product were provided, but the part was not returned. No information on how to return the product, no Return Authorization, etc were ever received. My credit card company said the statute has expired and I cannot reopen the claim.