Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

It Shouldn't Have to Come to This... HinsonSuperCars

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Despicable Z
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
Default It Shouldn't Have to Come to This... HinsonSuperCars [DISPUTE]

Refund Received- Issue resolved.

I've held off doing this for quite some time, but unfortunately I can't restrain any longer. In early May (6th) of this year, I placed a Paypal order with Chris (username HinsonSuperCars) @ http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/- from my understanding- a vendor on this board- for 299.00 for a set of C7 Carbon A-Pillar gauge pods for my Z06 (since sold). At the time of ordering I was informed the item was on back-order, and they anticipated additional units to ship in approx 2 weeks. That was fine with me. I waited, and waited, and waited, and waited. Months passed. Chris was good about corresponding and assured me they would be going out soon (repeatedly). WELL- after almost four months I decided to cancel the order because - in addition to other issues- I had sold my Z06 so they wouldn't do me much good anymore. I was never given a full explanation for the lengthy delay on the pods- but to be honest it was a moot point. I just needed my refund...

Chris apologized for not ever getting the pods to me, and said a refund would be issued no problem via Paypal. This took place on 9.24.14 (three weeks ago today). I have had 3 PM interactions with Chris since inquiring as to why the refund has not been issued- mostly with the answer of "I don't know- I will check on it". Well here we are middle of October, and I have yet to see the 300 dollars returned to me. After working in several industries, I feel I have a firm summation that this is at best, a case of disorganized or lazy business practice- or at worst- an unethical appropriation of funds and management. I normally am the last person to resort to openly bashing established companies or organizations online, but at this point see little alternative, and feel this case should escape my PM inbox, and be brought to public light. Under no circumstance should it take almost a month (if not longer) to issue an electronic refund for a product that you were unable to deliver upon.

I have a copy of every PM since the initiation of the transaction back in early May- and can provide them if necessary as well as message dates. Here is a copy of the Paypal payment confirmation.

Paypal receipt for payment:

Hinson- all that I want is my 300.00 back. With a 6 month old daughter, double mortgage payments about to kick in, and the Dow down 1,000...every cent helps. Thanks

Best,
Rex R

Last edited by Despicable Z; 10-21-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:59 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

If you did this from your credit card go back on it man. If not this crap is just crazy a good business doing like this.. Hate it for you man..Robert
Old 10-20-2014, 11:33 AM
Despicable Z
Racer

Originally Posted by robert miller
If you did this from your credit card go back on it man. If not this crap is just crazy a good business doing like this.. Hate it for you man..Robert
Yep- Still no refund! Crazy indeed Robert! I'll be getting with the bank today and see if they can reverse it- unfort it was from a check card / checking account linked to paypal. We will see.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:01 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Location: Birmingham, AL www.hinsonsupercars.com 205-909-9402
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Mr Robichaux -

We regret that this order was not able to be filled by the manufacturer. You are due a refund on this purchase. Regretfully, we failed to execute this for you. We appreciate you bringing to our attention again.

A full refund has been sent to you via PayPal as of 6pm tonight.

Thank you,

The Team @
HINSON Motorsports
Old 10-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Despicable Z
Racer

Refund received yesterday- thanks for getting it done Chris & Hinson- I appreciate it. Mods can close this thread.

Get notified of new replies

To It Shouldn't Have to Come to This... HinsonSuperCars

Quick Reply: It Shouldn't Have to Come to This... HinsonSuperCars