Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

CF Kits & Performance

Old 11-26-2014, 12:06 PM
Z06-HEC*
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default CF Kits & Performance

Its been quite some time that I have been holding this in but have decided to post my experience with buying from this forum vendor.

A while back maybe 2 years now I purchases a fiber glass full length wing for my C6 Z06 from them.

It did not fit. The mounting screws that came already attached to the wing were at an angle and did not allow the wing to go on. I contacted vendor, went back and forth many times over email and they basically told me to force it on, that it fits.
I was afraid to break the wing so i then took a video of the fitment and emailed it to them to see.
They immediately agreed and told me i was correct and this must have been a 1 off situation. Send it back.... ok...
So packed and sent back...

They sent me a replacement....
So these screws were straight...
Test fit... Doesn't seem to fit flush...
Took pictures sent it in, back and forth for a few weeks, etc...
Their answer again... put a little force in it, we test fit this one and it fits....
Ok so i screwed this in as tight as it can get while applying my weight on the top so its forced flush... or as flush as it got to the point where you can hear the fiber glass start making a cracking noise ( did not crack ).
Left side of the wing fit very tight but the right side of the wing on the end has a noticeable gap. I can slide about 20 or more sheets of paper right under the wing.

At this point a year already passed by. A year of me talking to them, back and forth, fitting, removing, more talking... etc...

Also to add... the first wing had pre-drilled holes for optional additional screws to help fitment but they claimed they really are not needed as the double sided tape it comes with should be enough.

the second wing did not even have these pre-drilled holes.
So when i decided to give up on fitting it and using the tape, i said, F it let me use the pre-drilled holes, drill into the car and use extra screws... When i look, no holes....

They claim these are all made in bulk and together... so how did the first wing have screws mounted at an angle with pre drilled holes and the 2nd wing with straight screws, no holes, and the wing itself crooked?

Anyway they told me ship it back for a refund... At this point off and on and off and on over and over. I just stopped contacting them and kept the wing on.

So my experience with them...
2 wings both did not fit, both with different issues.

Last edited by Z06-HEC*; 11-26-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:18 PM
djbrun
Melting Slicks

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06-HEC*
Its been quite some time that I have been holding this in but have decided to post my experience with buying from this forum vendor.

A while back maybe 2 years now I purchases a fiber glass full length wing for my C6 Z06 from them.

It did not fit. The mounting screws that came already attached to the wing were at an angle and did not allow the wing to go on. I contacted vendor, went back and forth many times over email and they basically told me to force it on, that it fits.
I was afraid to break the wing so i then took a video of the fitment and emailed it to them to see.
They immediately agreed and told me i was correct and this must have been a 1 off situation. Send it back.... ok...
So packed and sent back...

They sent me a replacement....
So these screws were straight...
Test fit... Doesn't seem to fit flush...
Took pictures sent it in, back and forth for a few weeks, etc...
Their answer again... put a little force in it, we test fit this one and it fits....
Ok so i screwed this in as tight as it can get while applying my weight on the top so its forced flush... or as flush as it got to the point where you can hear the fiber glass start making a cracking noise ( did not crack ).
Left side of the wing fit very tight but the right side of the wing on the end has a noticeable gap. I can slide about 20 or more sheets of paper right under the wing.

At this point a year already passed by. A year of me talking to them, back and forth, fitting, removing, more talking... etc...

Also to add... the first wing had pre-drilled holes for optional additional screws to help fitment but they claimed they really are not needed as the double sided tape it comes with should be enough.

the second wing did not even have these pre-drilled holes.
So when i decided to give up on fitting it and using the tape, i said, F it let me use the pre-drilled holes, drill into the car and use extra screws... When i look, no holes....

They claim these are all made in bulk and together... so how did the first wing have screws mounted at an angle with pre drilled holes and the 2nd wing with straight screws, no holes, and the wing itself crooked?

Anyway they told me ship it back for a refund... At this point off and on and off and on over and over. I just stopped contacting them and kept the wing on.

So my experience with them...
2 wings both did not fit, both with different issues.
Sorry to hear about your substandard product experience, things like this can be very frustrating. Nothing worse than spending your hard earned money on a poorly made part.

I went through a similar situation with my spoilers from another vendor, then just gave up as well.

No fun
Old 12-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Z06-HEC*
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah i worked with them and spent a lot of my time, fitting, testing, unmounting, etc...

Get notified of new replies

To CF Kits & Performance

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CF Kits & Performance