Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Vendor Scams

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 02:39 PM
RUVett
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vendor Scams

I was scammed by one of the vendors on this forum Jason Hunker of Supervettes, LLC. I made contraCT with him which he did not fulfill. He was supposed to purchase products from another vendor here ACS Composites then modify them for me. Instead Mr. Hunlker decided to make cheap copies of the parts. When I confronted him he tried avoiding me by not responding to any format of contact. This man has cost me a lot of money in having to purchase & custom modify the correct ACS parts. Be aware of Jason Hunker & Supervettes, LLC. BTW he was sued by Loma Motor Sports for copying their products to sell has his own.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:10 AM
seung012
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes... I was torn between the 2 when I was looking at wideobody kits. LOMA said their kit was carbon fiber and the original and supervettes said they are the original makers and that LOMA was a scam.... I went with LOMA instead because of carbon fiber and since breathless performance used their kit to race with. Turned out to be a great choice... especially since they have a wheel sector and a lambo/ferrari race team that races at the VLNs in Europe as well. Hope everything works out and you get your money back.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:02 PM
0Supervettes LLC
Supporting Vendor

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Someone sounds sour that they lost their frivolous lawsuit.

- We absolutely did order the ACS kit, and showed proof of this to customer's attorney, with tracking info, receipts from ACS, etc. (reason #1 why this case went nowhere)

- Customer wanted custom vents added to the fenders. So, we sent them to a company to perform this work for the customer. (he tried suing them as well)

- Parts were shipped to a shop of the customers choice in CA. (At this point, the transaction was closed.)

- He then emailed us stating that there were fitment issues with the modified fenders. Keep in mind, we did not do this work, so we gave the customer the contact info of the shop that did the modifications.

- Without our knowledge, customer sends the fenders back to this shop directly (Reason #2 this case went nowhere), and they apparently failed to deliver them back in a timely manner.

- 5 years later, he file a lawsuit.

Troy... as I said in the past, I'm very sorry this happened to you, but please tell me how you think we are responsible for parts that you never returned to us again?

PS - Re: Loma. Nobody sued anyone. We settled our differences and moved on. (They used our copyrights to advertise their "copy" of our Extreme ZR6X kit which was out 2 years before their version. That's all.)

You should get your facts straight, unless you want to go back to court to defend yourself in a libel case.

Last edited by Supervettes LLC; 06-18-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:06 PM
0Supervettes LLC
Supporting Vendor

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by seung012
Yes... I was torn between the 2 when I was looking at wideobody kits. LOMA said their kit was carbon fiber and the original and supervettes said they are the original makers and that LOMA was a scam.... I went with LOMA instead because of carbon fiber and since breathless performance used their kit to race with. Turned out to be a great choice... especially since they have a wheel sector and a lambo/ferrari race team that races at the VLNs in Europe as well. Hope everything works out and you get your money back.
I think this pic speaks for itself. (As stated above, we settled our differences and moved on)

Glad you're happy with your kit, its very nice. After all, we inspired it.

Last edited by Supervettes LLC; 06-18-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:17 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Moving to Transaction Feedback section.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:22 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Vendor has responded to OP's comments. Closing per TF rules.

Get notified of new replies

To Vendor Scams

Quick Reply: Vendor Scams