Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Issue with NorthernCorvette

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 01:19 PM
Carbd84
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Issue with NorthernCorvette

On 1/4/15 I purchased an alternator, power steering pump, power steering pump pulley and power steering pump reservoir for an LS1. NorthernCorvette states they shipped the items and I was emailed a tracking number for a fedex delivery.

I still have not received my parts, I have tried to contact NorthernCorvette many times about this issue, all I got originally was that the parts were shipped a day or so after I purchased them. Fedex tracking states that the package label was printed but the package has not been picked up yet (even now it still says that). So I got back in contact with NorthernCorvette over a week ago now and they stated they would run a trace on the shipment and get back to me on either when I was going to get my parts or if they were going to give me a refund. It has been a week since they sent me that PM stating they were going to run the trace on the package and I have not heard back from them nor are they responding to messages from me.

I would rather have my parts than get a refund but at this point I just want to be done with this and move on. I told them I would hold off on reporting this incident but since it has been close to a month with no results and I am not getting a response from them I decided now was the time.

Northern Corvette wanted me to edit this to explain things better, so here it goes. On the 1/13 I was sent a PM stating I had an email with the tracking number, which I did. On 1/15 I sent him a PM stating the above issue with the tracking. I did not get a response until the 19th, in which he stated "I left the packages on porch for FedEx before I left for vacation. Other ones I left arrived safely. Driver either forgot to scan yours or lost it. I just put a trace in with fedex. If you want I can refund your money pending outcome of trace. Let me know." When he stated pending the outcome of the trace, I assumed that meant after the trace was completed I could get a refund. On 1/20 I replied to him asking him to run the trace, and he responded saying he would. I sent him PM's on 1/24 and 1/27, not getting a response from either I started this thread. On the 28th I got an email from Northern Corvette stating the trace was still being run. He offered to refund my money then and if the parts showed up after I would then send him the money back. That seemed like a hassle so I declined, because I wanted the parts not the money back, and the trace still was not complete. That brings us to today. Since it has been a month since the parts were ordered I asked for a refund via email. I got the refund sent to me a few hours ago.

So Northern Corvette, if you sent me anything else, I didn't get it.

Last edited by Carbd84; 02-02-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:52 PM
Carbd84
Instructor

Northern Corvette did finally respond late last week to an email I sent them. They still don't know where my parts are and mentioned the possibility of a refund. At this point since it has been a month I sent them an email today asking for that refund. I will reply again when this is sorted out.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:35 PM
0Northern Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I didn't "mention the possibility" of a refund. FedEx lost your package and I've offered a refund numerous times. First one was January 19 10:53am via pm. A full week before you posted this. I've offered at least 4 times in 4 separate emails to which you've declined all of them and said you'd rather wait. A little unfair to post like this after I offered a refund the second we realized Fedex can't find package. Please edit and post the truth.

Last edited by Northern Corvette; 02-02-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Carbd84
Instructor

The first time I have heard you say that they lost my package was in the email I just got done reading, that you sent today. The last I had heard about it was that you were running a trace on it, and I wanted to wait until that trace was complete to accept a refund, because if my parts were going to show up I didn't want to have you refund my money. But since you now say they lost it, a refund is fine. I don't know if PM's were lost somewhere, but I have every single one that you sent me on this starting with the first PM I sent asking if you had the parts available.

The only reason I wanted to wait for the refund is the chance that the parts still might show up on my front porch. I'm not the kind of person to try to get parts I ordered, plus a refund for those parts. If you had told me that they lost my package weeks ago, this thread wouldn't be here. It was the uncertainty of what was going to happen that prompted me to start this thread. If you were on the consumer side of things and didn't hear back from a company you gave money to for spans of 6 to 7 days at a time what would you do?

Last edited by Carbd84; 02-02-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Issue with NorthernCorvette

Quick Reply: Issue with NorthernCorvette