Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Very impressed with Todd @ TCE Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 03:48 PM
hungryhippo
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Very impressed with Todd @ TCE Brakes

I don't think anyone should be impressed from a simple transaction that goes smoothly. It's how a vendor handles any issues that really show you what kind of company they are. I have been modifying cars for 15 years and I think this is the first time I've been compelled to write a positive review. The details are a little blurry since it has happened over the course of about a year including the time I've put off writing this review...
May 2014 I order a front and rear brake kit from Todd. He allows me to customize my order with a brake pad delete, custom finish and thermloc pistons for the front. This guy only deals with Wilwood brakes, so he can answer any questions you can think of (piston sizes, surface areas, pads, etc) and customize almost anything you want. I will try to summarize my issues and how they were handled. First, Wilwood ships the wrong front calipers even though the part#'s we ordered were correct. Todd immediately overnights me a return label and has Wilwood start building the correct calipers. My new calipers get here and they look fine. I don't have a chance to install them for 4 months. When I install them, they are offset wrong. I call Todd and he helps me troubleshoot that the part# I received were wrong. He has Wilwood build me the correct calipers this time. I suspect the mixup was because these were a brand new design caliper and some part#'s might have been changed in the early stages. Again, I don't have a chance to install everything for another 4 months. This time, I start on the rears and I can't get the offset right. I call Todd and he overnights me an assortment of spacers and washers. Aftermarket calipers, with aftermarket 2 piece z06 rotors on a base model C6, not surprised. After I get the spacers, everything goes on smoothly. I am very impressed with Todd and his Wilwood rep Daryl. Everytime I called or emailed they answered immediately or within a couple hours. Even on Saturdays Todd would get back to me.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:47 PM
ZedO6
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Todd is the best. Bought my Wilwood BBk from TCE and he was both knowledgeable and extremely quick responding. Plus he configured my kit exactly how I wanted.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:44 AM
JRE-C6
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I talked with Todd regarding some Wilwood calipers for a C6 Z06, and he took the time to explain different options etc, needless to say, I will be purchasing from him!

Jim
Old 12-27-2015, 11:03 AM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 90 Posts

Thanks guys. I don't recall all the details of the first mix up....(and frankly I hate it when things go sideways with Wilwood as much as you do), but I think it was a color issue first and then something else..either way it sucks. I get that.

Reminder that if purchase a Caliper Kit only and intend to run 2pc rotors that, yes, some shimming may be required depending upon the offset of those parts relative to what the brackets were intended for. Usually we can work through stuff like that with some patience.

My apologies for the hiccups that come out of Wilwood from time to time.

Last edited by Todd TCE; 12-27-2015 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:58 PM
Bischof
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

I've been in sales my entire career dealing in custom components for OEM machinery builders. As much as we strive for perfection there will inevitably be the occasional screw up.

It's a cliche but you can tell the best vendors by what they do to correct issues. Nothing will more clearly demonstrate how much they value their customers than how they respond to problems.

Get notified of new replies

To Very impressed with Todd @ TCE Brakes

Quick Reply: Very impressed with Todd @ TCE Brakes