Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Ecklers has very poor customer service

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 12:16 AM
Paul Wood
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Ecklers has very poor customer service

Fellow members
I recently purchased a window regulator from one of our sponsors, Ecklers. I have purchased many items from them in the past and even though they are high priced and the freight they charge is outrageous I continued to support them. However, the regulator I needed for my model year Vette required a new connector for which they charged me $26 plus the $170 for the regulator. I was promised same day shipment but after three days I was notified that that the connector would arrive in 7 business days. Never got notification that the regulator shipped. Ok. I understand. So I get the regulator the day after I get the connector. Ok. I'm ok crap happens. I take my time and retire the connector after removing the old unit. Before I installed the new regulator I decided to plug the motor up to make sure it worked. Nothing. I get my multimeter and check. I get plus and minus voltage. Bad motor. So much for the made in China crap. So I contact so called customer service and speak to a woman who asked a bunch of questions and realized I had properly diagnosed the failed unit. To my surprise she said it would take 24 to 48 hours to get a return shipping label emailed to me. Seriously I ask? That seems like a long time to get an email. No we don't do that we contract that out. Seriously I ask? Seems like poor customer service. Her reply stunned me. She said well it's not like the window will prevent you from driving your car. Wow. I ask for her supervisor and waited for 20 minutes and then was pushed off into his voicemail. Left a message and never heard squat. One week later I get the return label. I call and tell them I want a refund. I was asked why and I told them it was due to poor customer service. I was offered $10 gift certificate. No thanks. Three weeks later I still don't have my refund. Never again will I ever use this lousy company for anything. Period. I encourage everyone to do the same. They suck.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:50 AM
wamara
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

pretty blase attitude - can't blame you for being annoyed.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:46 AM
Scn1998
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow that sounds like very poor customer service. I was looking to purchase something from them but looks like I'll get it elsewhere.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:54 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,298 Likes on 13,971 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Sorry you've had all those problems with them. I've always had good service from Eckler's, but if that happened to me, I'd be upset too. Hope you get your refund soon. If you paid using a credit card, dispute the charges with them and let the CC company handle it.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:21 AM
Eckler's
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04

Originally Posted by Paul Wood
Fellow members
I recently purchased a window regulator from one of our sponsors, Ecklers. I have purchased many items from them in the past and even though they are high priced and the freight they charge is outrageous I continued to support them. However, the regulator I needed for my model year Vette required a new connector for which they charged me $26 plus the $170 for the regulator. I was promised same day shipment but after three days I was notified that that the connector would arrive in 7 business days. Never got notification that the regulator shipped. Ok. I understand. So I get the regulator the day after I get the connector. Ok. I'm ok crap happens. I take my time and retire the connector after removing the old unit. Before I installed the new regulator I decided to plug the motor up to make sure it worked. Nothing. I get my multimeter and check. I get plus and minus voltage. Bad motor. So much for the made in China crap. So I contact so called customer service and speak to a woman who asked a bunch of questions and realized I had properly diagnosed the failed unit. To my surprise she said it would take 24 to 48 hours to get a return shipping label emailed to me. Seriously I ask? That seems like a long time to get an email. No we don't do that we contract that out. Seriously I ask? Seems like poor customer service. Her reply stunned me. She said well it's not like the window will prevent you from driving your car. Wow. I ask for her supervisor and waited for 20 minutes and then was pushed off into his voicemail. Left a message and never heard squat. One week later I get the return label. I call and tell them I want a refund. I was asked why and I told them it was due to poor customer service. I was offered $10 gift certificate. No thanks. Three weeks later I still don't have my refund. Never again will I ever use this lousy company for anything. Period. I encourage everyone to do the same. They suck.

Paul,
First let me apologize for the way you were treated on the phone. You handled it a lot better than i would. If you remember the customer service rep name could you please PM that info. I'd like to go over this with her and her supervisor. Also if you would please PM your order/customer number so i can take a look at what is holding up the refund. Again my apologizes on how you were treated.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:28 AM
rrwirsi
Melting Slicks

Received 1,216 Likes on 776 Posts

Sorry about your ordeal with Ecklers. I have purchased many items from them and have no complaints about their order timeliness and follow-up on delayed items. Just maybe the service gremlins all convened at once to make your day miserable. Stuff happens and I hope Ecklers steps up and gives you your return now. A nice apology would be in order.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:35 AM
C5Wolfe
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have purchased many items [thousands of dollars] from Ecklers for my "55" Chevy over the years and there service is always excellent! I have had to return parts before on occasion and they were always prompt with the refund. Some of the parts were a little higher priced but you get what you pay for!
Good job Eckler's.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:09 PM
bmoore03
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Eckler's
Paul,
First let me apologize for the way you were treated on the phone. You handled it a lot better than i would. If you remember the customer service rep name could you please PM that info. I'd like to go over this with her and her supervisor. Also if you would please PM your order/customer number so i can take a look at what is holding up the refund. Again my apologizes on how you were treated.
Things don't always go smoothly. I get that mistakes happen. Usually all I'm looking for is someone in charge to say "I'm sorry this happened and I'll do what I can to make it right."

This response from Eckler's makes me more likely to choose them over another business in the future. Well done.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:01 PM
Torch Rot Z
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't believe I've ever dealt with Ecklers before, but their response would lead me to believe that they will make things right. (On something that should have never happened in the first place.)

Good luck OP
Old 08-19-2015, 04:17 PM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

Paul,
Way to step up!
Old 08-19-2015, 05:41 PM
R1 Rider
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I'd never use them just from prices I've seen
Old 08-19-2015, 06:04 PM
Forrest_H
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The few transactions I've had with Eckler's have been great, I'm sorry your experience was less than stellar

Good on Eckler's for replying back to your thread, though
Old 08-19-2015, 06:46 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,504 Likes on 3,589 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I guess I been lucky, I bought in the last 25 years of ordering from Ecklers with no problems, if they sent me the wrong part, they made good, and thought there customers service was excellent.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:25 PM
Paul Wood
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Paul,
First let me say thano you for your reply. I appreciate your willingness to help. I will PM you the name of the CSR and supervisor.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:19 AM
US V8 GARAGE
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Also very bad experience - could you send it to supervisor?

Paul,
I have purchased a rebuilt carburetor for Corvette 1970 - 25-122358-1.

I have asked for a concrete month of production - January - possibility of this selection was confirmed to me before purchase.

Afterwards I have received a carburetor made in 1978!
This carburetor was for a customer who was doing a frame of renovation a matching number Corvette. We had choosed Eckler's right because of confirmed possibility of concrete month production which was being asked here.

I have contacted your customer support - at first I had received an information about resending correct part, than came request for possible matching numbers - after I have sent few possibilities - none of them was available - so I have asked for any carburetor made in January 1970 - I have no respond for for 3 weeks!

Result - I have got a wrong part for which I have paid $550 (including shipping and taxes as I am an international buyer)!

Could you please reply this to supervisor (ticket number 278007) or send me his email address?

Thank you for any respond!
Old 08-30-2016, 12:27 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

US V8, this transaction was posted and responded to over a year ago. Asking your question to Ecklers by responding to this old thread will not accomplish anything.

I suggest you send the above note directly to Ecklers. You can also start a new Transaction Feedback thread here, regarding your own situation.

Get notified of new replies

To Ecklers has very poor customer service

Quick Reply: Ecklers has very poor customer service