Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Bad Experience with Caravaggio Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 11:16 AM
mvitacco
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bad Experience with Caravaggio Corvette

I ordered two C6 race seats from John Caravaggio on 7/6 with an expected delivery the last week of August. To my dismay I was charged full price the day the order was submitted (first red flag). It is now 9/22, after two phone conversations with John, and two broken promises, I have not received the merchandise or even a tracking number. He claims they were shipped and are in customs but failed to produce a tracking number. This is unacceptable.

I contacted my credit card company, received a refund, and they will intervene. However, now I'm in a limbo waiting state , can't purchase elsewhere until this is resolved. Anyone else have issues or comments?
Old 09-22-2015, 11:21 AM
dryadsdad
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

If the deal was for a drop ship, I see the charge upon order as reasonable if not utterly courteous.

I always make a major effort to resolve with merchant before going to the cc issuer. Did you try that or skip requesting a tracking # or a refund from the vendor first?
Old 09-22-2015, 12:51 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Anytime you order something custom made, you are going to get charged when you place the order. That is a VERY common practice.

As for them not meeting the shipping date, that is just not good customer service but unfortunately quite common.

If they are already shipped, they should provide you with some type of shipping information so you can track it down. (carrier, pro number, tracking number, SOMETHING)
Old 09-22-2015, 04:40 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Anytime you order something custom made, you are going to get charged when you place the order. That is a VERY common practice.

As for them not meeting the shipping date, that is just not good customer service but unfortunately quite common.

If they are already shipped, they should provide you with some type of shipping information so you can track it down. (carrier, pro number, tracking number, SOMETHING)
But then again should be coming thur with the tracking#. A number of years ago same thing happen to me but on a 14,k cobra kit car. After 4 months of being told next week I got my CC to refund the money on it. Ever with the card being paid off on the purchase.

A person should only take so much of being told something that is not the truth & next week crap... Robert
Old 09-23-2015, 10:55 AM
mvitacco
Racer

Originally Posted by dryadsdad
If the deal was for a drop ship, I see the charge upon order as reasonable if not utterly courteous.

I always make a major effort to resolve with merchant before going to the cc issuer. Did you try that or skip requesting a tracking # or a refund from the vendor first?
As stated in my post, I talked to John twice, before contacting the CC. My point is: if the seats are transit, why can he not provide a tracking number?
Old 09-23-2015, 11:04 AM
mvitacco
Racer

Originally Posted by mvitacco
As stated in my post, I talked to John twice, before contacting the CC. My point is: if the seats are transit, why can he not provide a tracking number?
The item is in dispute if the seats show up, he will get paid, in the mean time the CC will intervene and my $ is protected. I really don't want to cancel, I want my seats! Keep in mind I am taking about $3K here!!

Has anyone here done business with John? Was your experience positive or negative?

Last edited by mvitacco; 09-23-2015 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:11 AM
mvitacco
Racer

Originally Posted by robert miller
But then again should be coming thur with the tracking#. A number of years ago same thing happen to me but on a 14,k cobra kit car. After 4 months of being told next week I got my CC to refund the money on it. Ever with the card being paid off on the purchase.

A person should only take so much of being told something that is not the truth & next week crap... Robert
I want to stress I am being reasonable; accepted two revised shipping dates, then told they were shipped, and I would receive a tracking number. I called back again asking for the number, no email, no seats, nothing, only then I called to CC to protect my $3k
Old 09-24-2015, 01:30 PM
mvitacco
Racer

Default Update

Originally Posted by mvitacco
I ordered two C6 race seats from John Caravaggio on 7/6 with an expected delivery the last week of August. To my dismay I was charged full price the day the order was submitted (first red flag). It is now 9/22, after two phone conversations with John, and two broken promises, I have not received the merchandise or even a tracking number. He claims they were shipped and are in customs but failed to produce a tracking number. This is unacceptable.

I contacted my credit card company, received a refund, and they will intervene. However, now I'm in a limbo waiting state , can't purchase elsewhere until this is resolved. Anyone else have issues or comments?
The freight company contacted me today and set up delivery. The dispute is canceled. A simple email or communication attempt by Caravaggio would have avoid all this. I think the picture he posted yesterday on the forum are my seats, why not email the customer???

Last edited by mvitacco; 09-24-2015 at 01:39 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Bad Experience with Caravaggio Corvette

Quick Reply: Bad Experience with Caravaggio Corvette