Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Corvettes of Houston Parts, Horrible Customer Service.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 02:38 PM
Eppieguy
Melting Slicks

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Corvettes of Houston Parts, Horrible Customer Service.

I posted in the C7 Parts and Accessories section about wanting a Laguna Blue Carbon top and Phillip from Corvettes of Houston PM'd me and told me that he has a perfect top and he'd be willing to have his body shop paint it and assured me it would match. We made a deal and I paid him immediately.

09/29/15 Payment made, Phillip said by PM it would go out the beginning of next week.
10/16/15 I inquired with Phillip as to the status of my top, he told me his warehouse shipped out the wrong top in the box and they recalled it. They never notified me until I asked where it was, that's more than a week from when I ordered it with no communication from Phillip.
10/23/15 I finally receive a tracking number.
11/02/15 I finally get the top ( I was away for a couple of days so I opened the box as soon as I got back ) and there are paint issues and scratches on the carbon fiber top. Phillip said to get it buffed out and he would pay for the buffing and said he didn't know what happened with the paint and wouldn't address it any further.
11/13/15 I sent Phillip and e-mail with the buffing invoice that I paid for and as of this posting I have not heard back from him.
11/16/15 I sent another e-mail to Phillip with an additional picture because when I put it on the car I found a nice paint drip and asked how he wants to handle that as well, no response.
11/17/15 I sent Phillip another e-mail and once again no response as of the posting of this thread.

I'm still hoping he will make good on this and it sucks that I have to post this but I was nice enough and patient enough I feel and to be ignored really gets under my skin with a vendor. I'm a Purchasing Manager in my full time job and this is the type of treatment that I throw vendors completely out for. I'm going to attach pictures of the issues with the top below.
Attached Images      

Last edited by Eppieguy; 11-17-2015 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Date Correction
Old 11-17-2015, 06:30 PM
Eppieguy
Melting Slicks

Ok, so Phillip contacted me this afternoon and said he will credit me for the buffing but still no resolution to the paint issues. He can't understand how it happened and seems to feel it's from shipping. It was packaged well and I don't think there was anyway that the top contacted the box on both rear corners to wear off the paint. I will post again when I see a credit on my card for the buffing and next when there is an agreement on the paint issues.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:03 PM
Eppieguy
Melting Slicks

11/23/15, Phillip contacted me on 11/19/15 to ask me how much it's going to cost to fix the paint issues on the top, on 11/20/15 I sent him a estimate for repairs to the paint. Today 11/23/15 he said he will be refunding my money for the repairs and I should have a credit back to me credit card by the end of the week.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:31 AM
Eppieguy
Melting Slicks

11/30/15 Ok, End of the week last week has come and gone and still no credit. I will be e-mailing Phillip this morning to fid out what his excuse is now.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Eppieguy
Melting Slicks

12/01/15 another day, another e-mail to Phillip, no replies, no credit back.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Eppieguy
Melting Slicks

12/02/15 Finally received a credit from Corvettes of Houston. Phillip did not send the credit when he said he would and never even bothered to reply to my e-mails asking why the credit hadn't been processed as promised and the 3 e-mails after that. It took way too long to resolve this.

Issue closed.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvettes of Houston Parts, Horrible Customer Service.

Quick Reply: Corvettes of Houston Parts, Horrible Customer Service.