Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Beware member tx63conv, sends broken items

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 11:50 AM
0Northern Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Beware member tx63conv, sends broken items

I recently purchased some gauges and cluster for a 63 project from tx63conv (Derek.vick@hotmail.com). He sent me a picture of a complete nice looking unbroken cluster housing and said a tiny repair by column which he showed a closeup picture of front and it did look like a 1/4 inch piece repainted. I then get it here and open box and there is a 6 inch piece broken completely off. So I email him and show him picture and he says "I told you there was a small repair, pay attention". I tell him that a small repair and picture he sent is a lot different then 6 inch piece completely broken off which makes it unusable, not to mention he sent a picture of an unbroken cluster. After arguing back and forth he finally tells me to "send it back and I'll refund a PORTION of your money". A portion of it, like he's doing me a favor. So I tell him no thanks and file a PayPal claim, then he starts with the insults. Bottom line, beware and do not buy parts off of this member. He intentionally screwed me and is untrustworthy.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:52 PM
0Northern Corvette
Former Vendor

**Update**
Paypal requested me to send item back so I did, he then calls paypal and lies to them and tells them I sent him the wrong item back and it was broken junk(which was the same item he sent me). He needed to send a picture which he did, but they already had the photo I originally sent the day I got the broken item, and clearly saw he was lying and ruled in my favor. That didn't work, so then he starts telling them items were missing and making up more stories, but they already closed case due to his lying to them twice already. Now he is calling and emailing threatening me all day about calling police because I didn't send him what he sent me and asking for money. Please do not send money or trust this member. Paypal said they may also be closing his account because of this actions. Please beware
Old 03-24-2016, 09:05 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Glad to know thanks for the post I also have a c2 with a few more.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:50 PM
TX63CONV
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Actually, beware of this guy. He intentionally breaks an item then lies to PayPal. The proof as they say is in the pudding because PayPal sided with me and returned my money back to me.

Thanks for the hassle...

(Language removed)

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 11-11-2016 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Language removed
Old 11-10-2016, 03:02 PM
TX63CONV
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Northern corvette--be afraid, very afraid

Since he already posted multiple lies about me, I feel I should tell the truth about this guy. I am one person and he is a shop in Canada on the other side of the border from NY. He has other postings on here about his dealings with forum members... I do not.

He bought a 63 gauge cluster as well as multiple items from me. I told him the cluster had been repaired and sent him a pic. I assume upon close inspection he didn't like it and decided to break it so he could have a claim with PayPal.

PayPal sent him an email to send ALL of the items back and he would get his refund. He only sent the damaged cluster back. I was out the carburetor and the gauges I had also sold him. He then told PayPal to refund all his money (effectively stealing from me) which they did.

PayPal has a convoluted dispute process and I had to either file a claim with my local sheriff or file a claim (which I did) with the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center (www.ic3.gov).

PayPal tried to call him multiple times which he never responded and then tried to move his money out of PayPal (at least this is what I was told).

At the end of the day, can I prove he physically broke the cluster? No, even though it was wrapped in bubble wrap and cushioned by actual towels.

Will this IC3 gov website do anything? No, he has a NY address that is across the border from his actual business.

Did PayPal eventually side with me and refund me the $380 they took out of my account? Yes.

He says I threatened him with the police. I told him that PayPal wanted me to file a report and asked him to be reasonable and return my items.

Good luck doing business with this guy.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:07 PM
0Northern Corvette
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TX63CONV
Actually, beware of this guy. He intentionally breaks an item then lies to PayPal. The proof as they say is in the pudding because PayPal sided with me and returned my money back to me.

Thanks for the hassle *******.
You are correct. Proof is in the pudding. I guess this screenshot showing you had to refund me is wrong too. Lie much?
Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2016, 03:12 PM
0Northern Corvette
Former Vendor

So item came and I just decided to intentionally break it? Sounds reasonable. . Lie much? First off, if I needed to return the item, I didn't need to break it, i could have just told PayPal I didn't like the repair in it and I would have got refund. Secondly you post this 8 months later lol? And lastly, please see screenshot below that PayPal sided with ME, and that like usual, you're full of sh*t. Nice try.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Northern Corvette; 11-10-2016 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:51 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

closed...both parties have said their piece...feel free to continue offline if you feel necessary
Old 11-11-2016, 01:52 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

closed..two threads same dispute
Old 11-11-2016, 05:37 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

update....merged original dispute thread created by vendor with thread started this date by member as I didn't realize there was a previous thread. The member should have not created a second thread. Post #4 is where the new thread starts.

thread remains closed as the member shouldn't have created a new thread to rehash an issue that was resolved with the vendor being refunded.

Get notified of new replies

To Beware member tx63conv, sends broken items