Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Bad experience with CorvetteNecessities.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 04:19 PM
SDVette
Safety Car

Received 1,295 Likes on 560 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (stock)
2016 C1 of Year Finalist

Default Bad experience with CorvetteNecessities.com

I ordered the C1 air cleaner cover listed on their page. It appears to be the same as the corvettecentral item, but about 1/2 the price... well, there is a reason.

When the item arrived, I immediately noticed some of the embroidery on the logo was 'sloppy'. Not a big deal, but slightly annoying.

It was only when I went to put it on the car that I got my big let-down.. it would not fit! The elastic was slightly too small to allow it to slip over the air cleaner.

I emailed corvettenecessities explaining the problem.. no response for 2 days.
Called their phone number.. no answer - left a message.

I got a call-back the next day - she asked me to return the item and stated she would refund my money (paypal), plus mail me a check to cover the return shipping.

I thought that was odd, but did it anyway. She did refund the initial purchase price, but sent me an email saying she would NOT be paying for the return shipping cost, and quoted her "return policy".

I pointed out that the item is defective and does not match the description on her site. We had a few heated email exchanges but she would not back down.

My guess is that she is buying/getting items with defects and selling them on her site. All through this process she had a bad attitude. Several times she claimed to have sent me email which I never received (yes, I checked the spam folder).

Caveat Emptor = Buyer Beware of this "vendor".
Old 06-24-2016, 11:07 AM
viperz0677
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SDVette
I ordered the C1 air cleaner cover listed on their page. It appears to be the same as the corvettecentral item, but about 1/2 the price... well, there is a reason.

When the item arrived, I immediately noticed some of the embroidery on the logo was 'sloppy'. Not a big deal, but slightly annoying.

It was only when I went to put it on the car that I got my big let-down.. it would not fit! The elastic was slightly too small to allow it to slip over the air cleaner.

I emailed corvettenecessities explaining the problem.. no response for 2 days.
Called their phone number.. no answer - left a message.

I got a call-back the next day - she asked me to return the item and stated she would refund my money (paypal), plus mail me a check to cover the return shipping.

I thought that was odd, but did it anyway. She did refund the initial purchase price, but sent me an email saying she would NOT be paying for the return shipping cost, and quoted her "return policy".

I pointed out that the item is defective and does not match the description on her site. We had a few heated email exchanges but she would not back down.

My guess is that she is buying/getting items with defects and selling them on her site. All through this process she had a bad attitude. Several times she claimed to have sent me email which I never received (yes, I checked the spam folder).

Caveat Emptor = Buyer Beware of this "vendor".

checked out that site, not sure I would buy anything on it. Looks very seedy

Quick Reply: Bad experience with CorvetteNecessities.com