Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Problem with RPI Designs

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 08:16 PM
viperz0677
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
Your choice, not sure what you expect from RPI, if the item is still on backorder. I have always found them to be one of the better forum vendors.
Check the transaction feedback history, they are mentioned a lot for these issues

Originally Posted by ZEEEE06
I would at least expect a call back after leaving three messages.
I agree

Originally Posted by davidtcpa
I am surprised he hasn't called you back . I always have had a good experience with him. And they stand behind everything they sell. Very good vendor.
I guess the moral of story is that not all experiences are the same for everyone.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:23 PM
Jbnick
Racer

Received 222 Likes on 113 Posts

I had a very poor experience with them serveral years ago and have not and will not ever do business with them again
Old 07-13-2016, 10:22 PM
HighBeta
Amat Victoria Curam
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 104 Posts

I already asked once in this thread but I'll try again. Who is Don?
Don seems to be the owner. My dealings with him are always fair and satisfactory.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:50 PM
RPIDON
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

who is Don?
I already asked once in this thread but I'll try again. Who is Don?
Originally Posted by HighBeta
Don seems to be the owner. My dealings with him are always fair and satisfactory.
HI Guys, Sorry about the delay but I just came across this thread, I am Don or aka RPIDON. I am not the owner, I handle sales, tech support and customer service, when you call 888-257-8515 ext 2 you get me. We also have a order status ext 3 and she does get a lot of calls from people check on their orders. I know we have had a couple license plate frames on back order. It happens around this time of year, the manufactures run out of parts due to the sales increase at the beginning of Summer when people start buying parts for their cars. I appoligize there was no response, if you would like me to look into the order please send me an email to donrpidesigns@gmail.com with you order information and I can look into it for you. Thanks, Don

Old 07-23-2016, 07:43 AM
nhz51
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

I got my side skirts in and installed yesterday. They look good, but feel there mounting isn't the greatest. The Vette has existing bolts, yet they use none of them and only use screws to mount. The front of the skirts had two holes for what reason, they didn't line up with the existing bolts. I feel the skirt should be more under the car for more support, but there only screw to the tapered part of the car. They look good on and we will see how they hold up, but if I knew they didn't use the existing bolts, I would of bought the other one.

Last edited by nhz51; 07-23-2016 at 07:53 AM.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:28 AM
RPIDON
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by nhz51
I got my side skirts in and installed yesterday. They look good, but feel there mounting isn't the greatest. The Vette has existing bolts, yet they use none of them and only use screws to mount. The front of the skirts had two holes for what reason, they didn't line up with the existing bolts. I feel the skirt should be more under the car for more support, but there only screw to the tapered part of the car. They look good on and we will see how they hold up, but if I knew they didn't use the existing bolts, I would of bought the other one.
Thank you for the feed back, our side skirts actually mount the same way the factory Z06 side skirts mount when installed at the dealership during the PDI process. GM likes to use rivets however we prefer screws, it makes the installation a little bit easier and a lot easier if they need to be removed. They will hold up, we have been selling them for 3 years with many, many happy Corvette Customers. If you or anyone has any questions I am here 5 days a week from 9-5 eastern time answering technically questions and taking orders by phone. 888-257-8515 ext 2. Thanks, Don
Old 09-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Tru Blu
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On June 7th I ordered a ZO6 license plate frame from RPI designs. Two weeks later I call to find out where it was and was told it was on back order. Two weeks after that I called back and they told me they still didn't have them. This week I've called three times and left messages but no one is returning my call. As soon as I can get through to my credit card company, I'm going to dispute the charge.
I have only dealt with them once (2 items ordered in August-one custom painted took 3 weeks as they said at the outset and one shipped immediately by a third party vendor). I had a few emails back and forth as I had some questions and all my emails were answered very promptly by Lana. Products seem good and as described. No complaints here.

Quick Reply: Problem with RPI Designs