Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

dcooper21 sold tires with nails in them then makes up scam story for paypal

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 07:24 PM
SBC_and_a_stick
Safety Car

Received 551 Likes on 311 Posts

Default dcooper21 sold tires with nails in them then makes up scam story for paypal

I purchased a set of Super Sport tires and upon arrival I saw that they have a nail in them and a staple. dcooper21 does not admit he shipped a tire with a nail in it, he wants me to cover shipping in order to get a refund which is a loss of almost $200, and is telling PayPal lies and that I'm trying to scam him.

Before agreeing to the purchase I asked the seller whether the tires have screws or patches. I was told word for word no to all of the above.

I received the tires and they clearly have a nail in them:

1. I have showed him evidence that there is a nail in the tire. I took the photo only hours after UPS dropped them off at my house. He doesn't acknowledge the possibility the he didn't check them properly.

2. The nail was under the shipping label and the label was intact. I take from that that the nail was in the tire before it was brought to UPS.

3. The craziest thing is that we are local and we actually parked next to eachother at the track! He knows very well because we both track our cars that driving at the limit on patched run flat tires is a risky proposition. For this exact reason I asked him before doing the transaction whether the tire has screws or patches. Clearly I'm not interested in a patched tire and that is not what we agreed on. If he told me the tire has a nail I would not have purchased the tires. He offered to pay $40 for a patch after I opened a PayPal case. He is asking me to agree to worse terms than we settled for. I asked specifically whether there are screws in the tire.

4. I do not accept to pay $200 in shipping costs when I agreed to only pay $40 for shipping tires of good quality, not with a nail or patched. This is not a cost that is ok for him to impose on the buyer. I have truthful from the beginning and have done my best to describe the quality of tire I was looking for.

5. Today I told him I will escalate the claim to paypal but he did it before me and came up with all sorts of lies claiming I'm trying to scam him. Among these he argues that I have extra tires in my garage and that I must be scamming him by giving him a different tire with a nail in it. WTF! He's never been in my garage!

Can you imagine buying something from this guy and then he tells paypal you tried to switch his product for something in your garage to scam him??

Don't buy anything he sells. What a disgusting experience. And to make things worse I'll see him at track events. He says I'm trying to pull the scam of my lifetime! What on earth. I can't imagine anyone scamming someone by putting a nail in their tire and returning it. Either that or I must have a garage full of tires with nails in them. Right.

What a fraud.

I bought 12 tires on this forum for this car and I've never had any problems.

Last edited by SBC_and_a_stick; 08-04-2016 at 07:30 PM.