Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

******FLORIDA SPEED AND POWER******updated..please read!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2016, 03:48 PM
JD's06
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-02-2016, 03:57 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I talked to someone today who said they have been hearing reports like this for a couple weeks...
Old 09-07-2016, 01:16 PM
canuck9
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 99 Posts

Matt and the crew have my C5 currently...getting a bunch of work done...ECS kit etc. I've been getting texts with updates and photos every couple of days....have been great to work thus far!!!

I know that the tropical storm/hurricane caused some issues...nothing inside the shop but some flooding around it had them closed for a few days...and Matt also had a small fire at his house from his AC unit.

Michael

Last edited by canuck9; 09-07-2016 at 01:18 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:09 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

I just received the phone call from a reliable source fsp has closed their doors and put everybody's car out in the parking lot if you have a vehicle there I highly advise you go check to make sure it is there and pick it up if you have any outstanding transactions with them I highly recommend you contact your credit card company and file a dispute immediately
Old 09-07-2016, 05:29 PM
EFC1878
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow - that certainly explains the lack of response I've personally been getting lately...sad to see :/
Old 09-07-2016, 06:06 PM
7SECONDS
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I gave Matt $2500.00 cash deposit for parts 5 weeks ago and still no parts. He strung me along for two weeks. I read this post last night and I had a suspicion something was up for a few weeks but was giving Matt the benefit of doubt. After I stayed on him today for an answer. He texted me that they were shutting the shop. He told me that he would send me my money. I told him I now had trust issues and wanted to pick up the money. Thenhe said he was not trying to rip anyone off and he would send me the check. I trusted him with my money because we have done similar deals in the past. I guess time will tell if he was being honest with me. I feel bad for the guys with cars at the shop.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:16 PM
Matt @ FSP
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by pewter99
I just received the phone call from a reliable source fsp has closed their doors and put everybody's car out in the parking lot if you have a vehicle there I highly advise you go check to make sure it is there and pick it up if you have any outstanding transactions with them I highly recommend you contact your credit card company and file a dispute immediately
Was your reliable source Phil like usual ?? I mean come on how about contacting one of us before telling people their cars are outside and abandoned ship.

Our doors are not shut... All cars go inside at the end of the day when we are finished working for the day if they weren't inside to be worked on.

- Matt
Old 09-07-2016, 07:13 PM
09harleyrider
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! I can't believe this pewter99 character would post something like that without checking into it first. I guess your reliable source is not too reliable. Shaking my damn head.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:36 PM
canuck9
Drifting

To make a post that someone has closed their business (how they make their living and support their employees and family) without any real proof is pretty low...perhaps you have a personal vendetta??

We all get behind and there certainly have been some extenuating circumstances that the shop has had to deal with...I'm sure Matt will make things right with his customers but as far as I'm concerned, he and Rodney are first class and have been nothing but helpful through the entire process of upgrading my ride.

Michael
Old 09-07-2016, 08:13 PM
7SECONDS
Pro

FSP did Awesome work on my car and I don't hate on anyone. But this is the receipt for my deposit and the text I received from Matt today. If I receive my refund I will have no problem.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:33 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP
Was your reliable source Phil like usual ?? I mean come on how about contacting one of us before telling people their cars are outside and abandoned ship.

Our doors are not shut... All cars go inside at the end of the day when we are finished working for the day if they weren't inside to be worked on.

- Matt
no it wasn't...that being said you haven't answered emails and phone calls for weeks, we have customers/members posting about it and now you come out and respond? contact you? like everyone else??? get no answer or response??

sorry....deal with your customers and this won't happen....you have no one to blame but yourself for this situation

Last edited by pewter99; 09-07-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:35 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by 09harleyrider
Wow! I can't believe this pewter99 character would post something like that without checking into it first. I guess your reliable source is not too reliable. Shaking my damn head.
and you are???

as I said, had Matt addressed his issues and not ignored everyone until THIS post we wouldn't be here now would we
Old 09-07-2016, 09:39 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by canuck9
To make a post that someone has closed their business (how they make their living and support their employees and family) without any real proof is pretty low...perhaps you have a personal vendetta??

We all get behind and there certainly have been some extenuating circumstances that the shop has had to deal with...I'm sure Matt will make things right with his customers but as far as I'm concerned, he and Rodney are first class and have been nothing but helpful through the entire process of upgrading my ride.

Michael
no vendetta....I stand by my post as supported by the text message posted. and as I said had he answered his customers and not blown them off we wouldn't be here.

if nothing else I accomplished what no one else has.....we have a response...hope it all works out
Old 09-08-2016, 12:19 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by canuck9

Michael
I'm sure (and hope) he will make right by all parties. For the few years I had my C6 worked on by them, FSP supported my car great when I had it. They always went above and beyond to help me whether it was last minute repairs, covering towing to shop if car failed, or dropped car off personally to house (I lived an hour at least from his shop). Most shops won't do that for a customer. I like Matt and his staff there but from what I've heard tonight it seems the doors closing is true. I got the info as pasted below from who I deem to be two reliable sources. If it's not true then I've been duped by two people I know close to me and my sincerest apologizes to FSP. I felt the community deserves to know given multiple parties expressing concerns here, otherwise I'd keep it to myself.

With that said, I wish them the best in their future endeavors but this is what I was told...take it for what it's worth.
Attached Images  
Old 09-08-2016, 12:31 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I should also say the two reliable sources are those that spent likely over $10K+ at FSP (given the power their cars put down) over the years and would have no reason to state this to me just for the fun of it.

Last edited by Nosferatu; 09-08-2016 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:36 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

I take no joy in this....I just don't wanna be dealing with another version of

360 wheels

T Byrne Motorsports

Rev Extreme

etc...etc....the moderating staff catches **** when people get burned and now we catch **** for being in front of an issue.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:22 AM
canuck9
Drifting

Originally Posted by pewter99
no vendetta....I stand by my post as supported by the text message posted. and as I said had he answered his customers and not blown them off we wouldn't be here.

if nothing else I accomplished what no one else has.....we have a response...hope it all works out
I made Matt aware of the post and thus his response. After speaking with him I've clarified that they are reorganizing and looking to relocate shops...not close for good...customers cars are not being left outside to be abandoned by them...they are still working on rides (including my own) and have a been a pleasure to work with. Hopefully everything goes smoothly for Matt and Rodney as they transition into a nicer shop!!

Michael

Get notified of new replies

To ******FLORIDA SPEED AND POWER******updated..please read!

Old 09-08-2016, 02:05 PM
7SECONDS
Pro

I have received a notice from FSP attorney and it does not look promising to anyone that is owed anything at this point. I will keep you posted and good luck to all the others who are involved. My attorney will have to get my money that was clearly stolen from me.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:39 PM
marksstingray
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I also received a letter stating to not contact FSP. The business is officially closed. to contact the attorney for all issues.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:43 PM
marksstingray
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I also never received the refund he promised a week ago. This Mississippi boy may be making a trip to Florida. If I don't get the promised refund this will become very personal for me..

Quick Reply: ******FLORIDA SPEED AND POWER******updated..please read!